• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

latest

Oh...and of course the speaker I liked the most might be the biggest ass of the week.

Rich guy.

He didn't.

That's obviously a distortion of what he wrote. Thiel is eccentric, but to paint him that way is completely dishonest. He was suggesting that women have tended to vote against Libertarian politics, which is not untrue. It is also true that women (at this point) tend not to vote Republican. These are observations about voting patterns, and obviously not some kind of statement that it was wrong to give women the vote.

Thiel is an original, and deeply eccentric thinker. He doesn't tend to talk or write in soundbites. His book Zero to One is one of the best business books written in recent years. He's an innovative and legitimately brilliant mind and a true force in the American economy... everything Trump is not.

Every single person on this Republican stage so far has been a total embarrassment, except Thiel.

Thanks for clarifying.

Still not a fan though, but he's a pretty good orator. (Not on the Pres. level doh)

jevity

He sounded like a once famous vegas crooner, working a smaller circuit now, spicing up his evergreen show with a few glitzy big city anecdotes. The follow up would have been.

Okay people, so me and Frankie, and I think Dean was there too, was having a great night out, and then...

But his delivery was above average tho

But the content actually made me think about Trump and his ilk, in an even more hermeticly closed off "bubbletown" way.

Like, their anecdotes sound and FEEL nothing like anything I can relate too.

Speely

Banned
It's like watching a bunch of people who have to take a shit trying not to crap their pants while music happens to be playing.

Mimosa97

I'm sorry GAF but after diligently watching this convention for 4 days, I'll never let anyone make me feel guilty for " stereotyping " conservatives ever again. These people are even more unhinged than any character created by Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I had the clairvoyance to see the results in November while simultaneously watching this conference. Only in such a scenario would it become great.

Get'sMad

how are the Dems going to respond to the fire this GOP house band laying down?

can they put a band together in the next couple days featuring Slick Willy back on the sax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom