• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
this is the only guy that actually makes me give a single f about donald .....

seriously.. out of all the speakers... this guy

Wish he was my grampa. He's a natural speaker.

His stories aren't the greatest but he's pleasant to listen to. And yeah it's great to see someone speak naturally without a teleprompter.

EDIT: But just like a grandpa, the stories don't really go anywhere, :lol

Emarv

The main chant this week has been "Lock her up". I'm curious what Trump says off the cuff if the crowd starts chanting that again.

Erevador

He thinks giving women the right to vote ruined democracy. I can never use the words admire with him
I've read some questionable quotes by him, but I'm not aware that he ever said women's voting rights ruined democracy. When did he say that?
He didn't.

That's obviously a distortion of what he wrote. Thiel is eccentric, but to paint him that way is completely dishonest. He was suggesting that women have tended to vote against Libertarian politics, which is not untrue. It is also true that women (at this point) tend not to vote Republican. These are observations about voting patterns, and obviously not some kind of statement that it was wrong to give women the vote.

Thiel is an original, and deeply eccentric thinker. He doesn't tend to talk or write in soundbites. His book Zero to One is one of the best business books written in recent years. He's an innovative and legitimately brilliant mind and a true force in the American economy... everything Trump is not.

Every single person on this Republican stage so far has been a total embarrassment, except Thiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom