• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's Speaking At The RNC: Day 1

Marcus Luttrell (Retired U.S. Navy SEAL)
The first of 19 scheduled RNC speakers who have taken another human being’s life

Mark Geist (Retired U.S. Marine)
Managed to elude Hillary Clinton’s targeted missile attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi

Antonio Sabato Jr. (Actor, Model)
Will be speaking inaudibly in the background of many cable news networks’ analysis of the convention so far

Jeff Sessions (Senator, Alabama)
The longtime lawmaker is particularly terrifying, having supported Trump before he even had to

Rudy Giuliani (Former Mayor, New York City)
His experience presiding over chaotic disasters that had previously been unthinkable renders him uniquely qualified to appear at this year’s RNCs
Isn't Scott Baio also supposed to talk tonight? About... uhh.. something? Maybe about the trials and tribulations of being in charge?

Or maybe he'll continue his ruminations on whether Obama is a Muslim or a Muslim sympathizer.

kcp12304

Banned
CnMHezvWcAAl4GW.jpg

Via his Wikipeida page
Steve King proudly displays the confederate flag on his office desk, despite being an Iowan native with ancestry that had fought to end slavery.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Who's Speaking At The RNC: Day 1

Marcus Luttrell (Retired U.S. Navy SEAL)
The first of 19 scheduled RNC speakers who have taken another human being’s life

Mark Geist (Retired U.S. Marine)
Managed to elude Hillary Clinton’s targeted missile attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi

Antonio Sabato Jr. (Actor, Model)
Will be speaking inaudibly in the background of many cable news networks’ analysis of the convention so far

Jeff Sessions (Senator, Alabama)
The longtime lawmaker is particularly terrifying, having supported Trump before he even had to

Rudy Giuliani (Former Mayor, New York City)
His experience presiding over chaotic disasters that had previously been unthinkable renders him uniquely qualified to appear at this year’s RNCs

oh boy i can't wait.

I want to go back in time and slap my younger self for once registering as Republican.

I must have been insane.

I don't know how old you are but I can say that it all looked very good in the 90s. The debt was exploding out of control and only one party was talking about it as a problem. Only one party wanted to lower my taxes, only one party seemed to grasp what a dangerous world we lived in. Everybody longed for the economic boom of the Reagan years. Crime was out of control in our cities and only one party really seemed to want to get tough...

Now? It's all upside-down. All of their solutions make no sense to me. Their tax plans would explode the debt to terrifying levels. Every war seems to just exacerbate whatever problem it was intended to solve. The economy did better under Clinton/Obama than under the last two GOP regimes. Prisons are bursting at the seams and the war on drugs has created a permanent underclass...

I don't feel like I left the party, I feel like the party left me. All this culture war bullshit, the racial dog whistles, the gay bashing, the constant cries for war. It's just repulsive to me now. Maybe that shit was always there and I was just too stupid to pick up on it when I was 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom