• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't understand the obsession with Benghazi. It doesn't even make sense to try to pin this on anyone (and I acknowledge lives were lost, but compared to a lot of issues this country has its marginally small, if even an issue instead of just an unfortunate incident).

Let's say there are people in the government at fault. So what needs to be done?

IMO some options:
-More funding and secretary at all embassies, especially those classified as potentially dangerous
-US distributes anti terror/pro international (or pro western) media/information in countries where violent protests can lead to anti US attacks (?)
-Some sort of emergency response committee that can respond quickly to these types of attacks
-Some sort of funding/initiative for better intelligence
-Alternative: pull out of countries in general/non interventionist approach

But republicans aren't talking about any of that...? What do they want done? Why aren't we talking about policy? And how do any of those solutions have anything to do with necessitating the removal of Hillary? If anything, if she were still SoS, these are initiatives they should be asking her to implement...

They just want Hillary to go to jail.

1wIPuw4.gif

m9YEkDe.gif

Mikey Jr.

Americas is weird.

The fuck am I watching?

No, seriously. I have no idea.

"Those who agree say aye"
*loud screaming*
"Those who disagree say nay"
*loud screaming*
"Ayes have it"

Huh? And what were they voting on?

Kusagari

The most amazing thing to come of this might be Mike Lee looking reasonable with the roll call vote.

If this was your first introduction to him, he seemed like the voice of reason.

geomon

The GOP is stating that Minnesota, Iowa, Washington, D.C. and Maine were the delegations that removed themselves from the roll call/Dump Trump vote, according to NBC. The Trump opponents reject that any delegations backed off.

"There is no precedent for this in parliamentary procedure," said Utah Sen. Mike Lee. "There is no precedent for this in the rules of the Republican National Convention. We are now in uncharted territory. Somebody owes us an explanation."

Arkeband

Banned
Honestly, I don't understand the obsession with Benghazi. It doesn't even make sense to try to pin this on anyone (and I acknowledge lives were lost, but compared to a lot of issues this country has its marginally small, if even an issue instead of just an unfortunate incident).

Let's say there are people in the government at fault. So what needs to be done?

IMO some options:
-More funding and secretary at all embassies, especially those classified as potentially dangerous
-US distributes anti terror/pro international (or pro western) media/information in countries where violent protests can lead to anti US attacks (?)
-Some sort of emergency response committee that can respond quickly to these types of attacks

But republicans aren't talking about any of that...? What do they want done? Why aren't we talking about policy? And how do any of those solutions have anything to do with necessitating the removal of Hillary? If anything, if she were still SoS, these are initiatives they should be asking her to implement...

Because they're the party of Small Government, which is to say their job is basically the ensure that the government as it currently stands can't function properly so they can point to it and go "a-HA! You see! The government can't do anything right!"

They're not interested in creating new legislation, unless it's to provide more protections for Christians, or to take away civil liberties from minorities.

Jeels

Because they're the party of Small Government, which is to say their job is basically the ensure that the government as it currently stands can't function properly so they can point to it and go "a-HA! You see! The government can't do anything right!"

They're not interested in creating new legislation, unless it's to provide more protections for Christians, or to take away civil liberties from minorities.

Well hey, that's why I had noninterventionism as an option. Additionally, (for small government/anti brown people types):

Withdraw all funding from diplomatic efforts
Bomb the shit out of any country with a strong anti-American presence

I dont think those policies are right at all, but I don't hear anyone talking policy period. It's just BENGHAZI B-B-B-BUT HILLARY

I think 7:30PM EST tonight.
That's when the "big" speeches start tonight.

I know national networks (NBC, ABC and CBS) will pick it up tonight around 10EST so they can broadcast Ivankas speech and the Donald will be making an appearance.

Sadly I'm not gonna make it to that. 😢

IMO some options:

They don't care about Benghazi in the least. It's a red herring, the only reason it's news is because they thought they could nail Clinton with it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

IMO some options:

They voted to cut this the year before Bengazi lol

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/22/1437642/-Not-Hillary-Benghazi-was-GOP-s-fault

The Republican party blocked his first pick, Don King.

I think I watched part of one episode of the Apprentice once but that name is familiar.

Was she the one that got the call from a client at dinner expressing concerns and she went back to the table and someone asked 'was that the client?' '....no'

I don't even know why I remember that.

There's something going on at the Republican National Convention, and people don't want to believe it--I don't want to believe it--but it's going and it's on, and you'd better believe it's something. Now, I'm not saying the Democratic National Convention doesn't have anything going on, I think it's lovely, I think it's a great convention, but it's not going, and it's not on. I hate that convention, its lousy, it's the worst; not like my convention, it's the best convention, but something's going on there, and it's not nothing. Sad.

ezrarh

Americas is weird.

The fuck am I watching?

*loud screaming*
*loud screaming*
"Ayes have it"

Sounds like democracy on the Erdogan end of the spectrum.

Zyae

Americas is weird.

The fuck am I watching?

*loud screaming*
*loud screaming*
"Ayes have it"

Party motions.Nothing thats relevant outside of the RNC really

This is what conservatives believe. Trump is pulling this out of their usual dog whistle politics and making it a proclamation. This is why even though he'll lose, he's doing some damage. If we see more 'law and order' talk from Trump during this convention, hearkening back to the 1968 convention, you'll know this is an intentional strategy and not just being emboldened by Trump.

Don't we all feel so much safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom