• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross-posted from PoliGAF:

Oh boy:
Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com 50m50 minutes ago
"I am listening and watching and coming to a decision" - Ted Cruz, saying he's getting there, but not yet ready to endorse Trump
Which means he will endorse.

Karen Tumulty ‏@ktumulty 2h2 hours ago
At Bloomberg breakfast, Manafort tells reporters that model for Trump's acceptance speech will be Nixon 68.
LAW AND ORDER.

And it looks like Trump will introduce Melania, so he will speak today.

Eidan

DC-GAF!

What's a good spot to watch the convention? I want a place with the maximum amount of Republicans. I'm hoping to go undercover as "one of the good ones". Tortilla Coast?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
DC-GAF!

What's a good spot to watch the convention? I want a place with the maximum amount of Republicans. I'm hoping to go undercover as "one of the good ones". Tortilla Coast?

If I had to guess, probably somewhere in NoVA would be your best bet. Bethesda probably has a lot too.

Basically, go to where the rich people live.

sphagnum

Banned
Excellent thread title.

Trump mimicking Nixon's law and order/southern strategy path probably would have worked if this was even a decade ago, but I don't think it can work now due to demographics. Makes an interesting parallel to the 60s though - if the 2010s are the new 60s with the shift in social attitudes, civil rights and social awareness movements, more left wing youth, etc. then naturally Trump comes to bring the countermeasure, but this time the results should be different.

Touchdown

Banned
Stocked the pantry with snacks..and now we wait... I'm ready

7dbef40c8d.gif

Anyway they will dump trump before Thursday, are we really stuck with him? I think Hillary is easily beatable if we can get anyone that can speak a cohesive sentence. (Asking other GOP Gaf)

No chance. Trump has the largest share of supporters based on his crushing victory in the primary (no one else was close). He represents the GOP in values almost by definition. And replacing him would just lead to his people burning the party down on the way out (so I'd like to see it as a Democrat, but it's not going to happen).

Anyway they will dump trump before Thursday, are we really stuck with him? I think Hillary is easily beatable if we can get anyone that can speak a cohesive sentence. (Asking other GOP Gaf)

You're stuck with him. The stop Trump people couldn't get organized. They failed at the platform committee to get the conscience clause through. There's no one running an alternative campaign against him. There's no white knight waiting in the wings. It's Trump or Trump.

Futureman

Mike Pence eats at Chilis? wtf. I barely make shit at my job and would never go to a Chilis.

no living GOP President is going to the convention? Has that ever happened?

wonder what the chances are of someone going off on Trump at the convention?

Pryce

It's so annoying talking heads on tv saying how the GOP needs to broaden their base yet then say how Donald Trump is the man to do it.

Don't they look at the polls and stats? Just because you say something doesn't make it a fact.

Arkeband

Banned
Mike Pence eats at Chilis? wtf. I barely make shit at my job and would never go to a Chilis.

no living GOP President is going to the convention? Has that ever happened?

wonder what the chances are of someone going off on Trump at the convention?

There was talk of a walk-out, but the people actually speaking have no balls so they'll do their best to support Trump and not anger the RINO hunters in the audience, what with their open-carry rifles in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom