• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Salty Spitoon [Mafia] |OT| How tough are you?

SalvaPot

eKAUD.jpg

Aaaah. It is a lovely day on Bikini Bottom. The oysters singing. The fishes floating around.

Huh? What is this? There is huge line outside The Salty Spitoon! It seems the new owner, DIO BRANDO, is only allowing the baddest of the baddest inside!

Not only that, but seems today is FREE T-SHIRT Day! This won’t do! You have to get inside no matter what.

dN3jEG7.jpg

"Welcome to The DIO Salty Spitton, How much a dick are you?"
"How much of a dick I am? HOW MUCH OF A DICK I AM? I once lynched a innocent player on Day 1!"
"Yeah, so?"
"It was his first game."
"WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I LIKE YOUR STYLE, RIGHT THIS WAY PLEASE."

The GAF member got in, DIO looked back at the rest of the shady looking lot waiting in line.

"Well, SCUM, there is only space for one more Bad Dude to get in! I am a generous man, so I´ll let you trash sort it out. I´ll get in and suck the blood of a few maidens, and when I come back there has to be only one of you here. If not, then..."

DIO, with a sneaky smirk, returns inside the Bar.

Everyone in the line, now eager to fight, started flexing its muscles, looking at each other MENACINGLY.

Menacing+can+someone+clarify+one+thing+for+me+is_7e77ac_5174375.png

There can only be one.

Player list! Remember, names are for flavor only, go nuts x).
1) Sorian (Light Yagami)
2) LaunchpadMcQ (Adolf Hiptler)
3) Hyperactivity (Lago)
4) Makai (Makai)
5) CzarTim (John Wick)
6) *Splinter (Albert Wesker)
7) Kristoffer (Richard Dawkins)
8) kingkitty (Plankton)
9) Fireblend (Waluigi)
10) Cornburrito (Manfred von Karma)

Sample role PM
Welcome to The Salty Spitoon [Mafia]

You are -_________-, All-Around Tough Guy!

Are you a BAD ENOUGH DUDE to kill someone else just to get a Free T-shirt.

You are aligned with no one. You win when only you remain alive in the game.

So is everyone else! All the problems in life you have solved by killing your enemies, why stop now? You can kill another player each night. You also have a vote on the day.

PM me the command Eliminate: <player1> to get rid of a murderous rival.

Remember, every single player has a different priority when killing, and you will have to figure out when your priority stands.

Also, you might or might not have a special ability, maybe your kill is special? Maybe your vote is? Only I (And the Spectator thread) knows.

PM with any questions. Have fun!

SalvaPot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Rules |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Rules for this game
1. The Game starts with a Night Phase, and talk during the Night not only is allowed, iS encouraged.
2. The fun of the game is figuring out the Priority of your kill, try to use the information of every flip to figure out where you stand and get others lynched.
3. Every single player has a night kill and a vote and win when only they remain.
4. In this setup, only two players have a special passive ability for balancing purposes. No one knows what this are except for me and the spectator thread.
5. Day and Night cycle last 24 hours each.

Fundamental
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least once per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. Each Day Phase will last 1 day. Day Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 24 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
13. Each Night phase will last 1 day. Night Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 24 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
14. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
15. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.
16. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death
17. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: SalvaPot, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: SalvaPot, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
19. Players may use highlight]VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
20. Misspelt votes will be accepted within reason; if the game-runner is unsure they will notify you and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.
21. Once an option has received a strict majority (more than half) of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
22. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
23. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread
24. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread will be created.
25. On death, a player can either opt to join the replacement list, or receive a link to the Dead Thread. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the Dead Thread cannot act as replacements.
26. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other
27. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative. Do not use it.
28. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
29. Do not use the email tags to hide extra content in your posts.
30. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor.
31. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
32. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
33. Completed GAF games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.
34. Please refrain from discussing the source material for the theme too openly. Discussion is allowed, by tag major spoilers appropriately. The game will not rely too heavily on the source material and roles are not necessarily indicative of their counterparts in the source material.

Sorian

Banned
Ok guys, I'm just going to role claim now. I'm Light Yagami, also known as Kira and I can fuck up one of you dunces each night.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

I'm just testing if my vote ends the day.

Hmm

VOTE: Makai
OVERRIDE: Makai
Closing Argument: Makai
DOUBLEVOTE: Makai
BECKY: Makai
SHOOT: Makai
KILL: Makai
FSM: Makai

BUT THERE'S SNOW OUTSIDE

POISON: Makai
SNIPE: Makai
ELECT: Makai
ASSASSINATE: Makai

Btw Makai, just in case you're the last man standing, I just entered a string of commands that makes sure you die in that situation and the game ends in a draw

GG Too bad so sad

disneytumblr_lvvx0iZ7X21qm6oc3o1_500.gif

SalvaPot

Ok, all Role PM´s are out, Game will start as soon as all players have posted.

Also, be warned, WE WILL START THE GAME IN A NIGHT PHASE, AND EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO TALK DURING THE NIGHT.

That is right! Night talk! Woooo!

Sorian

Banned

Also, be warned, WE WILL START THE GAME IN A NIGHT PHASE, AND EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO TALK DURING THE NIGHT.

It is certainly a night phase because I'm going to bed :D

Cya all tomorrow.

Night talk

Nothing but bluffing who you shot as everyone shoots at the last possible moment

Makai

You guys were begging for some sort of catharsis so I signed up knowing full well I would die today. I just hope some of you realize how many of you will be targeting me tonight. Most of you should target someone else. The name of the game is eiminating people others wouldn't think to, lest your kills overlap and be wasted. My target for today will be someone none of you would expect (hopefully).

Fireblend

Banned
Can I vote for CornBurrito/Splinter yet?

Real talk: It's time to sleep for me so see you guys tomorrow.

Seriously tho you two are going down.

SalvaPot

Night 1 Begins!

The door of The Salty Spitoon shut with a hard PAFF. You could still hear faint noises of people inside, having fun with their new 100% Cotton T-Shirts.

A sudden wind pressure raised up. In a second, a sea of poor souls fainted all around the outside of the Bar. A crowd of hundreds, now lied down, unconscious.

Only 10 devils stood the power of the pressure, unfazed, even bored, and when the wind was gone they all looked each other in the eyes. They reacted.

Mexican-standoff-courtesy-1.jpg

Its on.

t1443241800z4.png

(Remember, PM me who you want to kill, Night talk is allowed)

CzarTim

ok, Hyper since you have ties to corn, splinter, and I, I'd be okay with you joining the DR alliance if others agree. We mop up the others and go from there, agreed?

Makai

If we're serious about the DR alliance, which I am, we should take out some Cthulu players.

Lynch Sorian?

Top Bottom