• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Salty Spitoon [Mafia] |OT| How tough are you?

CzarTim

Voting will be all about alliances here. You can betray in the night time, but you're just hurting yourself in the day time.

I understand organizing this will put a target on my back, but I'm taking the risk.

The Salty Spitoon.

Aptly named. I'm going to sleep, you idiots figure out what you want to do.

Fake tough guy ALERT.

See guys, launch can't even play in a non-Mafia style. And if we don't leave someone that's not in the alliance alive, then the point of the alliance, day time, will be gone by tomorrow

Okay, I'll join the alliance.

That's five players. If we all announce right now who we're going to
target, it'll be just us in the morning (give or take precedence).

But we actually have better chances, probabilistically, if 6 of us are in such an alliance and two of us target already targeted players. That almost guarantees a better than 50% death rate for those selected.

So we are announcing right now who is in the alliance, first come first serve, until we hit 6, then we each announce who we're targetting.

Myself, Makai, King Kitty, HyperActivity, and CzarTim are in. One last person needs to join.

Makai

I gotta say, I feel like this portrait of me is unfair. I'm unusually honest for a Mafia player. I role-claimed Mafia in Star Wars! :U

I never explicitly lied in Danganronpa - just withheld information. It wouldn't make sense for anyone to betray our alliance this early, anyway,

kingkitty

But we actually have better chances, probabilistically, if 6 of us are in such an alliance and two of us target already targeted players. That almost guarantees a better than 50% death rate for those selected.

So we are announcing right now who is in the alliance, first come first serve, until we hit 6, then we each announce who we're targetting.

Myself, Makai, King Kitty, HyperActivity, and CzarTim are in. One last person needs to join.

If I were in a DR alliance, I'd be taking advantage of the anonymity of votes and picking off my allies one by one.

so you're not gonna do this right?

I gotta say, I feel like this portrait of me is unfair. I'm unusually honest for a Mafia player. I role-claimed Mafia in Star Wars! :U

I never explicitly lied in Danganronpa - just withheld information. It wouldn't make sense for anyone to betray our alliance this early, anyway,

Who is saying you're a traitor?

Nobody is saying that whaaatsooeevvverrr

Splinter & Corn GET IN HERE

kingkitty

alright, on one hand

Kristoffer gives me good gut vibes

on the other hand he detailed exactly how he would misuse our alliance

i'm going to vote nay, but y'all are free to disagree

Makai

alright, on one hand

I'm don't have a real problem with Kris, but I cannot disagree with your critique at all. He literally said he would betray us.

alright, on one hand

Game theory. Anyone who is in the alliance is actually better off cooperating. It's infallible.

Too quick

What about a kitty non-agression pack

Kris, kk, and I

What do you guys think?

3 people isn't enough. When the time comes to organize kills, I am going to vote along with the DR alliance, and they'll take advantage of that and not kill me. To not take advantage of that is pure idiocy.

CzarTim

I'm okay with not killing Kris tonight. But if there are too few no-kill targets tonight, we'll end up wasting time and we'll be more vulnerable to betrayal on n0.

SalvaPot

latest

t1443241800z4.png

I'm okay with not killing Kris tonight. But if there are too few no-kill targets tonight, we'll end up wasting time and we'll be more vulnerable to betrayal on n0.
Do you mean too few, or too many? The goal should be to isolate 3-4 people and gang up on them. All 6 or 7 of us will be isolated and the remaining 4 have a high likelihood of dying.

If an alliance consisted of five people, then all five would have to shoot the other five. This would guarantee five deaths tonight, HOWEVER 50% of those deaths would be on the alliance's side because of the total ordering of priorities and thus having an alliance of 5 people is isomorphic to everyone choosing a person at random (without replacement).

Read another way, having a 5 person alliance is actually the most efficient way to get yourself killed besides not being in an alliance.

CzarTim

Do you mean too few, or too many? The goal should be to isolate 3-4 people and gang up on them. All 6 or 7 of us will be isolated and the remaining 4 have a high likelihood of dying.
Yes! This is great!

So, tonight we focus our kills on Launch, Sorian, and Fire.

Kris if you're willing to go along with this plan, I'm okay with you joining us.

Assuming no betrayal, we will only lose at max 3 people in the alliance. Likely less given priority. This will give everyone in the alliance the greatest chance of surviving the night.

I sent my kill in for Sorian (sorry, dude)

*Splinter

I'm here, I'd could go for scumbag Kris for trying to steal my seat in the alliance, but your plan works too. I'll get Firebland?

CzarTim

Mak and King kill Launch
Kris and I kill Sorian
Splint and Hyper kill Fire

Corn you can roll a die and kill one of the three as a back up.

Top Bottom