• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scrafty Cup PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2v2 Tournament

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Scrafty Cup!

ibio9ukf7PsmUw.png

Rules:
Games will be played with two teams of two players. The game mode will be five-life Stock mode, and for the purpose of this tournament all items and stage hazards will be turned on. Once entry has closed on Sunday, November 25th, matchups will be chosen at random. The bracket is double elimination, so even if you're knocked out of the first round, you'll have a chance to win the consolation championships. Games will be played in a Best of 3 format, and photo proof of a team's victory (scoreboard) must be sent to one of the judges (participants in brackets A-H shall defer to ScraftyDevil for any questions, concerns, and match results, whereas those competing in brackets I-P will be reporting to SmithnCo) before said victory becomes official. Doctoring or editing of photos is strictly illegal, and will be punishable by disqualification. The time and date of your match must be agreed upon with your teammate and your opponent beforehand so that the judge is aware of when the match will take place. The championship winners shall be awarded with a cool thing, and the runners-up shall be awarded a pat on the back and a slightly less-cool thing.

Regarding disconnections, although I hope that all of you competing in this prestigious tournament are too good for ragequitting, we shall unfortunately have to assume the worst if such a situation occurs, and award the round to the team that did not disconnect. We wholeheartedly encourage 1-2 scrimmage or practice rounds (the exact number MUST be agreed on by both teams so that there is no confusion) prior to the actual match in order to gauge the potential amount of lag and network trouble.

Each round of the tournament will take place over 3 days, allowing teams ample time to contact their opponents and decide when their match shall take place. If for whatever reason, be it scheduling conflicts or crippling network issues, a team can find absolutely no time in which to play their match, they must contact one of the judges and explain the issue, at which point their opponents will be swapped with another team which has not completed their match yet (with the other team's consent, of course). Round deadlines will NOT be extended under any circumstances (if a deadline is missed, a team will be chosen at random to proceed), so we encourage you to send the judges (both of them) a list of any days during which your team will definitely not be able to compete.

Round 1: Tuesday, November 27th-Thursday, November 29th
Round 2: TBA (to be based on number of entrants)

We ask that entrants please submit both their PSN IDs and their GAF usernames for easy archiving and communication purposes.

Official Tournament Bracket (Updated daily)

2 vs 2 Teams
Devil Knights - ScraftyDevil (emeraldphoenix7) and batmandarkknight (Macky_Tung)
Time-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete (Man-is-Obsolete) and TimeEffect
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom (Drencrom) and Napalm_frank (NapalmFrank)
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24(maxbahamut24) and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Broronto - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (TaggSte) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber (Novuscaine) and RazOmari (Knot-Locks)
Itchypads - Mik_Pad (mik_pad) and Kouichi (Kooichi-kun)
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79 (Figboy)
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus (GoncaloPacheco) and B.O.O.M (rathne)
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero (Gunstarheroes777) and KalBalboa (FoomMan)
TribalSponge - Sponge (SpongeTheSquid) and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi (Noisama) and The Grim Heaper (TheGrimHeaper)
Psyborg- PSY・S (SuP3RiViAIN) and cyborg009
DigiTron - DigitalOp and Vysetron (Chuftbot)
Unclenching Kings - Snapshot King (SnapshotKing) and uncleniccius (uncleniccius)
Team Tricky-Sama - Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama (FFVIIguy)
Parappin' Believers - Tsunamo (JayTooCool) and FMTownsMarteh (NoR4U_)
InFamous Rising - Spindasher (Mrp7792-X) and Spindasher's Brother (JetsRap94).
The Mauve Avengers- TheDarkStark and krpiper
DREWTONX - Dreweyes and TONX
Madden Crew - FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov) and Rorschach (Carcomar)
Pouty Pouts - Somnia (Somina) and mrbob (MrBob2k7)
Slayers - n3ss (psn: n33ss) and A_Rival (psn: A_Rival)
Lurkers - Choo411 and SuperHaterade64 (PSN message only)
Devil May Nyah~ - TWILT (TWILTHERO) and tirkaro
Winter Table Blanket Thingy - Vodh (Vodh) and Keiician (Niiro-Matsuki)
Sharingan Wolf - baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi) and SaberWolf00
GianCo - giancarlo123x and friend

One last thing: the official YouTube channel for the PSASBR GAF Scrafty Cup can be found here. If competitors have some way of recording their matches, they can send them to ScraftyDevil to be uploaded on the channel.

Avatar and other bets are encouraged. May the best team win, and we wish you luck on the glorious field of BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lord Phol

Awesome! Prepare to get your booties kicked scandinavia-german style! >:D
Good job with everything Scrafty!

Edit: Also you can take me off the looking for partner list :p

Since it doesn't seem like Desmond is going to be able to get the game in time for the tournament, I'm taking us off of the 2v2 Teams list :(

Hopefully I can team up with CC to become Team Corporate Scrafty!

rwqhz.png

pantsmith

Can I sign up as "looking for partner" in case anyone else needs a last minute partner? Would prefer to enter with one of my close friends, but he doesn't have a Gaf account (just lurks)

psn is pantsmith, in case thats needed.

Tsunamo

Looking forward to it, gonna be alot of fun! :D
It's a shame the game doesn't have anyway to record matches, would have made it alot easier than needing video capturing equipment.
I'll add some of you beforehand on PSN so it's easier to organize matches when the time comes.

Gadirok

Can I go under looking for a partner too? I'd prefer if it was someone as equally skilled as me (new players/haven't played fighters in a few years).

Gadirok

I play around 7pm EST. Might be on a little later though since I need to still get home, pick up my copy, complain about preorder codes, make some room on my 4gb, then transfer the crossbuy version onto the vita.

softie

Looking forward to the tourney and hoping for a lot of fun with you guys. :)

Would be great, if participants could state if they're gonna play on Vita or PS3 during tournament/the next round. Therefore it could be made clear if Vita parties can be setup to discuss stuff beforehand or if other communications channels should be used.

Top Bottom