• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scrafty Cup PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2v2 Tournament

My partner may not be able to get the game this week. :( So just in case, anyone searching for a partner? I may be partnerless. :( I'm gonna be practicing Raiden/Dante the whole day today. So pm or message me here if you wanna practice!

My partner may not be able to get the game this week. :( So just in case, anyone searching for a partner? I may be partnerless. :( I'm gonna be practicing Raiden/Dante the whole day today. So pm or message me here if you wanna practice!

I'll be your partner. We'll show everyone the true power of Dino!

What would our team name be? BattyDevil? ScraftyKnight? BatScraft?

well alright then. :p ScraftyKnights sounds fun. :p PSY's Dark Devils sounds legit. So whichever. haha!

Alright, awesome! Would you mind PMing me your timezone and mains? I probably won't be able to do much practice until this weekend, but every session counts. I look forward to playing with you!

Choo411, a GAF lurker, messaged me on PSN and asked if he could join the tournament. Are there any kind souls out there who'd be willing to partner with him and help him out?

TWILT

Banned
Would it be alright if I enter with a friend of mine who lurks NeoGAF? Our PSNs are TWILTHERO (me lol) and tirkaro. Team name is to be decided for now lol.

Just a quick reminder to all: registration for the tournament closes in less than 12 hours, so please find a partner if you don't have one yet!

If people would like, we can just randomly pair people on the "looking for a partner" list together, or they can choose to opt out and play with a local friend or something.

Vodh

We, the magnificent Winter Table Blanket Thingy team (myself, Vodh, PSN: Vodh, and Keiician, PSN: Niiro-Matsuki) want in!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I never signed up because.... I never got my copy in the mail! It's ok it wouldnt of been fair for me to enter anyways

Kappa

The Tournament Bracket for the Scrafty Cup is now up!

Please note that participants in brackets A-H shall defer to ScraftyDevil for any questions, concerns, and match results, whereas those competing in brackets I-P will be reporting to SmithnCo. Check the OP for bracket updates every night, and be sure to contact your team to organize your match!

Also, because of the lateness of the bracket getting up, Round 1 has been postponed until Tuesday-Wednesday. Good luck everyone, have fun, and remember: PM Smithnco or me any match videos that you are able to capture/record so they can be put on the tournament's official YouTube page!

Vysetron

Neo Member
The Tournament Bracket for the Scrafty Cup is now up!

Please note that participants in brackets A-H shall defer to ScraftyDevil for any questions, concerns, and match results, whereas those competing in brackets I-P will be reporting to SmithnCo. Check the OP for bracket updates every night, and be sure to contact your team to organize your match!

Also, because of the lateness of the bracket getting up, Round 1 has been postponed until Tuesday-Wednesday. Good luck everyone, have fun, and remember: PM Smithnco or me any match videos that you are able to capture/record so they can be put on the tournament's official YouTube page!

Excitement! Shame DigitalOp and I never managed to get practice time in together, but I'm sure if we believe hard enough everything will be fiiiiine!

KevinCow

Banned
I had complaints. I'm sorry.

Tell me who. I'll kick their asses.

Look, I've accepted defeat on the Smash front. Yes, there's the possibility for a Bob-omb to spawn as you're attacking and kill you, and yes, some stages like to randomly screw you.

But this is a completely different game with completely different rules. From what I can see, items and stage hazards were designed with competitive play in mind. They don't randomly kill you or make one player an unstoppable monster. They just slightly alter the flow of play for a short time. They don't kill, they just take some meter, and stage hazards are usually clearly indicated well ahead of time so they can be easily avoided.

This is your tournament, so your rules. But this is the second tournament for this game I've seen that hasn't even given the items and stage hazards a chance, and I don't like the precedent that this sets. I feel like the default rules should at least be tried before imposing our own rules. If they prove to negatively impact competitive play like in Smash, then I'll concede, but I think it's silly to turn them off immediately based on a completely different game by a completely different developer instead of giving them a chance first.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Tell me who. I'll kick their asses.

Look, I've accepted defeat on the Smash front. Yes, there's the possibility for a Bob-omb to spawn as you're attacking and kill you, and yes, some stages like to randomly screw you.

But this is a completely different game with completely different rules. From what I can see, items and stage hazards were designed with competitive play in mind. They don't randomly kill you or make one player an unstoppable monster. They just slightly alter the flow of play for a short time. They don't kill, they just take some meter, and stage hazards are usually clearly indicated well ahead of time so they can be easily avoided.

This is your tournament, so your rules. But this is the second tournament for this game I've seen that hasn't even given the items and stage hazards a chance, and I don't like the precedent that this sets. I feel like the default rules should at least be tried before imposing our own rules. If they prove to negatively impact competitive play like in Smash, then I'll concede, but I think it's silly to turn them off immediately based on a completely different game by a completely different developer instead of giving them a chance first.

Not participating in the tournament, but I fully agree with KevinCow. The items and stage hazards are far from overpowered and actually mix the game up a bit without outright deciding it. They make the game more fun, while still retaining the competetive fairness.

Very well. The rules shall be amended. Be sure to read the OP before starting your match, as any game that does not follow the official rules shall not count!

Noi

How will we handle stage selection in the tournament? Depending on the characters I play as, there's some stages where I'd rather not play, like the Uncharted stage.

How will we handle stage selection in the tournament? Depending on the characters I play as, there's some stages where I'd rather not play, like the Uncharted stage.

That's up to the host to decide, but I encourage "All random, all fun."

But please guys, don't intentionally screw over the other team by selecting a stage contrary to their playstyle. I'm counting on everyone to keep it clean and report any conspiracies or foul play.

DigitalOp

Banned
Excitement! Shame DigitalOp and I never managed to get practice time in together, but I'm sure if we believe hard enough everything will be fiiiiine!

We'll be alright, I have too many characters now.... TOO MANY

Hmmm TribalSponge..... our first victims?

Hazards and Items are back in? Oh hell yeah.

rocky-training-o.gif

Gunny Balboa coming in hard.

That's up to the host to decide, but I encourage "All random, all fun."

But please guys, don't intentionally screw over the other team by selecting a stage contrary to their playstyle. I'm counting on everyone to keep it clean and report any conspiracies or foul play.

I think stage should be random select every time unless all players in the match agree on a stage. That's just me tho

J-Tier

I've suddenly been swamped with work, so I'm not free until Wednesday night PST. If I end up being a no-show, or if the Pouty Pouts aren't free when I am, the Pouty Pouts can win by default. I don't mind winning my way out of loser's bracket. =)

DigitalOp

Banned
Im psyched, the day is here! Match 1 lol

Vysetron, TribalSponge:

Im at work right now, but I'll be available for play at 8 PM EST, Ill be on Neogaf as well around that time. Keep me posted

Thanks

TWILT

Banned
Drencrom (I sent you a PM) and Napalm_frank, my partner and I are pretty much available any time after 5PM EST today and tomorrow. Just send me a message on PSN (TWILTHERO) or on GAF when you guys are ready.

Top Bottom