• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sly Collection |OT| Fly Cooper: Band of Deeds

gdt

Loved Sly 1 HD. Played maybe an hour of Sly 2. I really have to dig back in when the holidays are over.

lljride

Desmond said:
Went back to 3 after a few months. Just at the Guru (he sucks)

I wanna Platinum this, how hard are the challenges?

A lot of them are annoying and frustrating, but they aren't really that hard for the most part. The one good thing I can say is that it's always quick to restart the challenge if you fail, which I did, often. But if I can get 100% on this game anybody can.

Guru's challenge was one of the worst, I think it took me 30+ tries just from fighting with his stupid ass controls.

Tizoc

Desmond said:
Went back to 3 after a few months. Just at the Guru (he sucks)

I wanna Platinum this, how hard are the challenges?
Eh it takes time but you'll platinum it eventually.

Loudninja

The Sly Collection Heads to PSN Tuesday
The Sly series is such a PS2 classic; they are still as much fun to play today as the day they came out. And in their new, remastered form, all three titles feature Trophies, wide screen HD running at a smooth frame rate (60 frames per second!) and they are all playable in stereoscopic 3D. You can purchase the Sly Collection for $29.99 or you can buy the individual titles for $9.99 each. Speaking from personal experience, Once you play one, I know you will want to play them all!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/23/the-sly-collection-heads-to-psn-tuesday/

Amory

Man sly 2 DRAGS. This game is really, really overstaying its welcome. I'm gonna need a good long while to build up interest in sly 3.

Edgeward

3 goes by a lot faster because there is way less emphasis on collectibles and the abundance of mini-games. And less switching out and traveling long distances as Sly's shitty friends.

Seda

3 goes by a lot faster because there is way less emphasis on collectibles and the abundance of mini-games. And less switching out and traveling long distances as Sly's shitty friends.

Felt like more minigames in 3 than in 2 to me.

Bollocks

Ok this seems like a dumb question but what am I supposed to do here?
HwXQI.jpg

I think you are supposed to run on that wheel and speed up and then grab one of those hooks above but I can never get it up to speed, I either get off the wheel accidentally or I'm unable to grab the hooks.

It really pisses me off to the extend that I stopped playing when I bought it on release day ._.
I popped it in today and I still can't clear it

The trick is not to run to the end of the wheel. Position yourself in the middle of it and run and try to stay there. Then when the speed gauge is at its maximum, run forward, jump and latch on to the hook. If you are crafty and quick enough, you can use the momentum from the swing to jump to the platforms above.

I had bought the Sly Collection last year and beat all 3 games + the mini games. I never got the plat for Sly 3 due to the insane challenges, so today I bought this off of PSN. I try to use my save file for Sly 3 that I had off the disc based release and its not being recognized at all with the PSN version of the game. Is that how this works, I thought my save file should work?

Cornbread78

I had bought the Sly Collection last year and beat all 3 games + the mini games. I never got the plat for Sly 3 due to the insane challenges, so today I bought this off of PSN. I try to use my save file for Sly 3 that I had off the disc based release and its not being recognized at all with the PSN version of the game. Is that how this works, I thought my save file should work?

Not always, the save files are pretty touchy. For instince I started playing the MW3 campaing on my Slim while I was waiting for my fatty to come back and I copied teh save file to a thumbdrive and put it on my fatty to continue, but it would not recognize the save file.... My MP data would load, but not Campaign or Spec Ops.... friggen sucks!

Not always, the save files are pretty touchy. For instince I started playing the MW3 campaing on my Slim while I was waiting for my fatty to come back and I copied teh save file to a thumbdrive and put it on my fatty to continue, but it would not recognize the save file.... My MP data would load, but not Campaign or Spec Ops.... friggen sucks!

This really stinks, I don't feel like playing through Sly 3 again.....just want to finish up these challenges to get the darn plat. LOL!

Odoul

I've been playing the original Sly 2 on the PS3.

The intro and first level really drags. I was ready to put it down. In fact I had walked away for a good two months. It picks up alot though at the Contessa level. The environments stop running together and there is a lot more platforming. I just bean the Jean Bison level and that with the Contessa were probably my favorite.

Some of the Bentley minigames are quite shit though.

One thing I do like is the manuals. Through the three games the Thievius Raccoonus goes from mint to used to ragged. Nice little extra bit of care.

Moving on to other games when I beat then eventually 3.

I've been playing the original Sly 2 on the PS3.

The intro and first level really drags. I was ready to put it down. In fact I had walked away for a good two months. It picks up alot though at the Contessa level. The environments stop running together and there is a lot more platforming. I just bean the Jean Bison level and that with the Contessa were probably my favorite.

Some of the Bentley minigames are quite shit though.

One thing I do like is the manuals. Through the three games the Thievius Raccoonus goes from mint to used to ragged. Nice little extra bit of care.

Moving on to other games when I beat then eventually 3.

I felt like the first game was really well done and then the second one was still enjoyable. Sly 3 for some reason just wasn't on the same level as the first two.

falconzss

I already asked this question a while ago in another thread but here I go again.

Can somebody tell me if the version on the German PSN has an english audio option?

Top Bottom