• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sly Collection PS VITA |OT| A Stealth Release

Kimppis

I got a Vita yesterday and I just pre-ordered Sly Trilogy. Sly 2 on the go? Mother of god...

Fantastic games. Sly 2 is my favourite too, no contest. I just love the "open-world" aspect. The games are EXTREMELY charming and very underrated indeed. I only played Sly 1 years later and it felt too... traditional. Still a solid game, but the worst in the series.

Here in Europe, they actually translated and even dubbed these games into every possible European language, from the second one onwards, my native Finnish included. That's why they are extremely popular in Scandinavia. I think Sly 2 to Thieves in Time competed with the most popular AAA-franchises. However, "nobody" played Sly 1 here. It all started from Sly 2.

I'm new to the Vita... So cross-buy means that even trophies sync between the PS3 and Vita versions?

I know this might seem outlandish, but I'd actually love to see a Sly game come out for PS4, but instead of cartoon aesthetics, to instead go for a SUPER realistic looking approach.

If not that, I'd love to see visuals on par with the stylized Sly Cooper movie. The cartoon look is fun and all, but playing a Sly game that looks like this would be totally hnnnnnnngggg:

That said, I'm playing through Thieves in Time on my Vita right now and am really enjoying it.
You're a madman.

Kimppis

Nope. PSN version only.

Is the physical Vita version cross-buy enabled? Or can I atleast sync/transfer the trophies between the two versions? I have the PS3 (physical) version already, but I haven't played it much, so my plan is to transfer the saves/trophies to Vita, sell my PS3 copy and finally download it for my PS3.

Drago

Are the trophies shared with the PS3 game or are the Vita trophies separate (but still the same as the PS3 list)?

Almyn

Are the trophies shared with the PS3 game or are the Vita trophies separate (but still the same as the PS3 list)?

Seemingly separate, but they're not syncing properly so no way to tell for definite. It has the same trophy list as the ps3.

Omikaru

Is the physical Vita version cross-buy enabled? Or can I atleast sync/transfer the trophies between the two versions? I have the PS3 (physical) version already, but I haven't played it much, so my plan is to transfer the saves/trophies to Vita, sell my PS3 copy and finally download it for my PS3.

I don't believe it's cross-save. Don't quote me on that, but no one here has talked about transferring their saves so I expect that's the case.

And as far as the physical version goes, no idea. Sly 1 & 2 are on the Vita cartridge, so I don't think you will get cross-buy versions of those. However, Sly 3 is a digital download code in the box, so there is a possibility that that version will net you the PS3 copy too. Again, don't quote me on it as I don't have the physical edition. Best to wait until people have actually picked up a copy before you assume anything.

Kimppis

I don't believe it's cross-save. Don't quote me on that, but no one here has talked about transferring their saves so I expect that's the case.

And as far as the physical version goes, no idea. Sly 1 & 2 are on the Vita cartridge, so I don't think you will get cross-buy versions of those. However, Sly 3 is a digital download code in the box, so there is a possibility that that version will net you the PS3 copy too. Again, don't quote me on it as I don't have the physical edition. Best to wait until people have actually picked up a copy before you assume anything.

Thanks. Well, even if the collection doesn't have cross-buy and/or save, it's not that big of a deal. I'm not that far into it on the PS3, so in the "worst case scenario" I'll sell the PS3 copy anyway and just play it on my Vita. In any case, I hope that R&C will be cross-buy... (It's likely that those games won't be any different from Sly, though.)

abrack08

I know this might seem outlandish, but I'd actually love to see a Sly game come out for PS4, but instead of cartoon aesthetics, to instead go for a SUPER realistic looking approach.

If not that, I'd love to see visuals on par with the stylized Sly Cooper movie. The cartoon look is fun and all, but playing a Sly game that looks like this would be totally hnnnnnnngggg:

That said, I'm playing through Thieves in Time on my Vita right now and am really enjoying it.

Hmm... a realistic thievius raccoonus

Raccoon-Steals-Cat-Food.gif

I could get behind this

KalBalboa

Banned
A lot of these Vita collections would probably garner a bit more money if they'd be willing to split them faster.

FFX/X-2
God of War 1/2
Sly 1/2/3 (assuming)
Jak 1/2/3

Drago

Hoping for cross buy in US like with God of War.
already downloaded the full game trials if they mess that up again

Gonna buy the retail cart next month I'm guessing, kinda short on funds atm.

Nothing on the box indicates there is any sort of cross-buy. I guess that makes some sense since Thevius Racoonus is the only "old" Sly game on PSN.

Vita has its own trophy list.

Many thanks! BL2 shared trophies, and I was hoping Sly wasn't the same way. Cheers!

iosefe

I assume this is because i have the trials

also, the third game is at unavailable status, even thought i got the trial, so it seems they got smart this time. you can't DL the trial from the list either

UberTag

No cross-buy even though I own the PS3 collection digitally? Lame.
SCEA's new stance to cross-buy is "what's that?"
They believe (astutely) that Vita owners will buy anything that's good so why not get folks to pay twice for this collection?

SCEA's new stance to cross-buy is "what's that?"
They believe (astutely) that Vita owners will buy anything that's good so why not get folks to pay twice for this collection?

Because they didn't do that with God of War Collection, and barring that small mishap that took place when it released, I don't see why they shouldn't do it again.

RK128

....No cross buy with this, but they had it with the God of War Collection a few weeks back...

NICE job Sony, its currently not likely we played these games before or anything and prefer NOT to pay for them again :l.

If they are good ports, then that is awesome and for people who have never played the first two games are in for a treat; some of the finest platformers from the PS2 :D. But for those who own the digital versions of the games....we should get them for free (or at the very least a small discount; 15 bucks is a very fair price to pay for the Vita Collection if one owns the PS3 one...).

Either way, I suppose Sony did this in response to the God of War glitch...but then they should have known about that to begin with, considering they RUN PSN :l.

Considering Sanzaru made this collection, I will not be surprised if it turns out great; they did awesome work porting Sly 4 onto the Vita :D.

UberTag

God of War collection was cross buy only a few weeks ago.

Fez was cross buy across PS3, PS4, and Vita. Cell Damage too. All within the last two months.

So what are you talking about?
I said "new stance". As in starting today. God of War came out before today. ;)

RK128

What I am a bit urked about is that we have to get the complete collection in order to get the games....why can't we just get the sepeartely?

I would be more than happy to put 10 bucks down to only get Sly 1....

Still, considering this is a collection and one based on an old one (this collection came to PS3 a year before Thieves in Time), so...maybe it will land on PS+? I think the Jak Collection did (for EU only....but my point still stands :l), so maybe that will be the case for Sly latter on?

I am thinking that they didn't have cross-buy with Sly Collection due to it being a good port? Maybe Sony thought the GOW Collection was sub-par (which it was....those cut scenes man :() so they thought it would be better to have that be cross-buy (they would have done the same for Jak, but I guess they thought it was just to bad to give away?).

Either way, its nice to see this land on Vita; not the Vita is home to all the Sly Cooper games (and they are great ports to; all four games look great on Vita running at Native Res and have mostly stable frame rate of 30 (even though Sly 4 chugs a bit during the third and fifth world)).

Top Bottom