• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

7/10. I like it. Violins are good. EDIT uh, i wonder, was that my highest rating yet... 7 is good from me EDIT listened some others by the same artist: Good stuff
EDIT gotta up the rating to 7.5/10
EDIT fuck, upping it to 8/10. Like it that much.

Nightwish Nemo

I love metal but I really don't enjoy this kind at all, I just don't connect with it at all.

This Friday I will be seeing Metz live, can't wait!

Metz - Wasted

NinjaBoiX

Arghhh! Noise! Feedback! Big fat riffage! Snarling vocal!

I liked it man, just up my street.

9/10

The Coral - Music At Night

It is over five minutes which is usually my cut off, but it kind of needs to be a little longer than usual. It's sounds like a journey to me, I'm not sure if you'll get the same thing, but it sounds like the credits tune for a movie or something.

VARIA

Arghhh! Noise! Feedback! Big fat riffage! Snarling vocal!

I liked it man, just up my street.

9/10

The Coral - Music At Night

It is over five minutes which is usually my cut off, but it kind of needs to be a little longer than usual. It's sounds like a journey to me, I'm not sure if you'll get the same thing, but it sounds like the credits tune for a movie or something.

I really dug this. I can see what you mean by the music for credits comment. Has a very retro vibe that reminded me of The Animals. 9/10. Will definitely be looking into more of their stuff.

Here's mine:
M.Ward - Me & My Shadow

I really dug this. I can see what you mean by the music for credits comment. Has a very retro vibe that reminded me of The Animals. 9/10. Will definitely be looking into more of their stuff.

Here's mine:
M.Ward - Me & My Shadow

Not digging the vocals, would have much preferred it as an instrumental. Really liking the excessive feedback in the mini solo towards the end. Pretty cool and moody, though. 7/10.

My turn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQLeDhqUiAQ&list=PL75FE74B84557E077

Not digging the vocals, would have much preferred it as an instrumental. Really liking the excessive feedback in the mini solo towards the end. Pretty cool and moody, though. 7/10.

My turn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQLeDhqUiAQ&list=PL75FE74B84557E077

7/10

The vocals could be a little better, but I like the overall tone of the song, especially the guitar riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZTpLvsYYHw

I know their not a very obscure band, but I've been on a Killers stint lately.

dig the instrumentals, the vocals are really not my type of thing :S

deafheaven - dream house

Nice, I really liked their previous album and I want to listen to this one but it's not yet on Spotify. Reminds me of envy a bit on the vocals, seems like this one has a sort of positive tone to it...

I'll follow up with a black metal band I discovered recently and that blew my mind when I saw them at Roadburn, possibly my favourite black metal band at the moment

Fell Voices

Billen

Banned
Nice, I really liked their previous album and I want to listen to this one but it's not yet on Spotify. Reminds me of envy a bit on the vocals, seems like this one has a sort of positive tone to it...

I'll follow up with a black metal band I discovered recently and that blew my mind when I saw them at Roadburn, possibly my favourite black metal band at the moment

Fell Voices

I listen to everything ranging from minimalistic eletronic music to old death metal. Howewver, black metal has never quite caught me.

So I was quite suprised at how much I enjoyed this. Extremely beautiful, melodic, peaceful. Thank you for sharing, I'll be sure to check them out further. Still listening to the song actually. :D

And now for something completely different:
Anal Cunt - I Respect Your Feelings As A Woman.

NinjaBoiX

Edit: Bel Marduk for DP-Contact: epic! Really good. I haven't enjoyed them as much since I first heard Homework. It sounds like a real statement of intent. Also, when did they start using live drums! I love it.

9/10

Well I wasn't expecting that. I'm not a fan of AC, but that didn't even sound like them. I got that it was a parody, but it wasn't very funny. I dunno, without the intended humour, it's just a bland ballad sang really poorly.

I just didn't get it, sorry!

1/10

Kojak - Habité Par 2 Mondes

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Milchjon

Interesting idea for a track. Definitely didn't hate it. 7/10

Union Of Knives - Taste For Harmony

Didn't work for me because German copyright is stupid. So I'll go with this:

I thought this was going to be pretty bad, but right away it caught me off guard. I didn't like the vocals when i first heard them, but I got used to it. Overall it was pretty good.

7/10

Lassigue Bendthaus - Jealous Guy

Not really my style at all. Vocals are not my cup of tea. Rest is nice. 7/10

Hot Chip - Look At Where We Are (Major Lazer vs Junior Blender Remix)

Top Bottom