• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

theJwac

The songwriting has its moments but mostly because of Collins' delivery. Some of the laughing/coughing noises really were too distracting. The underlying synthesizer/drums were phenomenal.

7/10

The album "Odessey and Oracle" by the Zombies should be lauded up there with Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Brief Candles would be my favorite off this overlooked 60's pop album.

Thorgal

The songwriting has its moments but mostly because of Collins' delivery. Some of the laughing/coughing noises really were too distracting. The underlying synthesizer/drums were phenomenal.

7/10

The album "Odessey and Oracle" by the Zombies should be lauded up there with Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Brief Candles would be my favorite off this overlooked 60's pop album.

Good old 60 s i give it a 8/ 10

David Lee Roth - Yankee rose

This sounds so familiar. I swear I've heard it in the end credits to a movie. 7/10

Birds of Tokyo - Lanterns

Typing as I listen.

Nice intro, quite ambient.

Cool, liking this so far. Nice little melody.

Guy starts singing. His voice is fairly inoffensive, nice lyrics.

More or less does the same thing for a while, the little climax at the end is nice.

Over all, good song. I quite like it! 7.5/10

Here's my song:

Kaya Project - Always Waiting

Again, something different. Hope you enjoy it.

jonnyp

Übermatik;56737824 said:
Typing as I listen.

Nice intro, quite ambient.

Cool, liking this so far. Nice little melody.

Guy starts singing. His voice is fairly inoffensive, nice lyrics.

More or less does the same thing for a while, the little climax at the end is nice.

Over all, good song. I quite like it! 7.5/10

Here's my song:

Kaya Project - Always Waiting

Again, something different. Hope you enjoy it.

Never heard it before, but absolutely love it! 10/10

Do you have more like this?

Anyways, here's a song I heard today and that I thought was good. Completely different genre though (starts at around 50 secs in):

http://vimeo.com/44514743#

K.Sabot

haha this was maybe one of the biggest commercial hits when growing up, had not heard this in ages! It cannot be cheesier. 10/cheddar

Anyway, I think I have not posted anything from Cocteau Twins here yet, one of my top 10 bands ever, probably.

Cocteau Twins - Blood Bitch

I've never really took the time to listen to Cocteau Twins, but I can tell that they've influenced a lot of the bands I love from what I've heard here. 10/10

Lower Dens - Rosie

Instrumental is nice, but that voice, cringe. brings it down a few notches.
6/10
긱스(Geeks) - 어때 (feat. 하림)
Just like last time, you may not be fond of K-Hip-Hop, but the instrumental is worth it (if you were to ask me).

I don't mean to sound rude, mean or anything like that but this song sounds like Korea's Hanson :D Pretty catchy and uplifting, though! 7/10

And now, something from the category of "a cover better than the original song" :

Opeth - Soldier of Fortune

Top Bottom