• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

AcridMeat

Banned
Holy crap I haven't heard the name Xploding Plastix in years! Wow that takes me back I need to see if the stuff I had by them was ever transferred over to this computer.

I give it an XP/PX (I like it). Was that a kazoo or just electronic tone that sounds like it?

I'll offer two vastly different genres depending on who wants to rate what.

Emeralds - Candy Shoppe
ambient/electronic

Fat History Month - Free As A Cat
awesome

UrbanRats

Holy crap I haven't heard the name Xploding Plastix in years! Wow that takes me back I need to see if the stuff I had by them was ever transferred over to this computer.

I give it an XP/PX (I like it). Was that a kazoo or just electronic tone that sounds like it?

I'll offer two vastly different genres depending on who wants to rate what.

Emeralds - Candy Shoppe
ambient/electronic

Fat History Month - Free As A Cat
awesome

Nice (Emeralds') song.

Allow me to continue on a similar mood:

Air - Talisman.

Interesting, I dig it.

Art Brut - Emily Kane

It seems like hm this is okay, yeah this is okay, then OHH MANN YEAAAAH!
Not my style but with that being said... 6/10. Decent enough to me.

8/10 not my preferred Franklin.

Deerhunter - THM
Also not really my style. 5/10
6/10 solid cover,

Porcupine Tree - The Creator Has A Master Tape

I love Steven Wilson.
10/10 my friend.

Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing

NinjaBoiX

Really cool, I enjoyed that. Would listen again! Just enough restraint from the screamo BS. (still kind of mental!)

8/10

David Holmes - I Heard Wonders

I'm pretty sure this could be the third time I've posted this, but I just love it man. It's so euphoric and energetic! Perfect summer record, especially when driving. Glorious.

So sorry if you've heard it before.

Congratulations if you haven't.

;)

Really cool, I enjoyed that. Would listen again! Just enough restraint from the screamo BS. (still kind of mental!)

8/10

David Holmes - I Heard Wonders

I'm pretty sure this could be the third time I've posted this, but I just love it man. It's so euphoric and energetic! Perfect summer record, especially when driving. Glorious.

So sorry if you've heard it before.

Congratulations if you haven't.

;)
great track, i heard it before :)
8/10

2raumwohnung - Wir werden sehen - Paul Kalkbrenner Remix

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
The Irish stuff in the first verse is cringey, Irish counties and names pronounced with an American twang sounds so wrong (I'm Irish, btw)

Flow is ok, lyrics were decent, beat was nothing special but it holds well together.

6/10

The Samuel Jackson Five - Electric Crayons

This is actually pretty good, reminds me of The KBC-Trippin in some way. lyrics i liked, music in the start was a little off for me, then in the few seconds it kicked in.
other then that i liked it.
8/10

I Can't stop listening to this song :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRGimw-kaE

squidyj

This is amazing. It's just my kind of tune, and I like the video too it's very 90s. Thanks for posting this.
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye

It's pretty good but... it's not really my thing. very singer/songwriter guy with a guitar sort of thing if you know what I mean, which isn't a direct knock against it's quality but if you want to get my interest in that area you had better be absolutely grade a amazing and phenomenal and any other superlative. 6.5/10

oh wow, super late
Gotta love Can.
--
Can - The Thief

definitely like it. 8/10

Agraph - One And Three Lights

from the album A Day, Phases

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
squidyj [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-90zgM4yUQM" said:
Agraph - One And Three Lights[/URL]

from the album A Day, Phases

Has a relaxing progressive phrasing with interesting soft hitting syncopated beats and silky electronic flair. Good for listening while working on something else but a more active listener may grow tired or impatient with its limited progression and repeated phrasing.

Here's some progression for ya
Steven Wilson - Luminol

yess black mountain <3
ever since the spec ops ost I'm completely hooked. urban haz good taste
Has a relaxing progressive phrasing with interesting soft hitting syncopated beats and silky electronic flair. Good for listening while working on something else but a more active listener may grow tired or impatient with its limited progression and repeated phrasing.

Here's some progression for ya
Steven Wilson - Luminol
oh this is really cool. and unexpected too. best word to describe this right now.

polvo - fast canoe

vikki

That was good. Also, more hiphop bands should play instruments. 8/10

Some Ariel Pink now, really love his last 2 albums.

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Butt-House Blondies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id4jF-6bHnw

That song was bittersweet for me. I feel like that type of music it is an acquired taste so to give a bad grade wouldn't be doing it justice. I also thought i was hearing some sex noises at the end of the song. There were still some things I liked in the song so 6/10 for me.

Terry Black - Moondust

Top Bottom