• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

Dec

I liked this more than I expected. very fun and energetic. would listen again

something different.

harvey milk - anvil will fall (note: you really need to listen to the whole thing in order to really capture it)

7/10

Indeed different, I took quite a bit of listening to determine if I liked it or not. I certainly like the parts without the distortion a lot more than the parts with. There is a variety throughout that I appreciate.

A long one, but one of my favourites.
Michael Kiske - Do I Remember a Life?

7/10

Indeed different, I took quite a bit of listening to determine if I liked it or not. I certainly like the parts without the distortion a lot more than the parts with. There is a variety throughout that I appreciate.

Heavy metal ballads are definitely not my thing, sorry :/

Here's something completely different

Today is the Day - Honor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeC78VntHDY

One of my favorite metal tracks ever

Liked it, vocals felt a bit soft but that's probably just because of what I've been listening to this morning but I like the instrumentals. Speaking of,

Rum to Whiskey - Murder City Devils

tumblr_m37l2kbHzI1qihztbo1_400.gif

C4Lukins

My man!

Like the piano in it. Something about that era with piano and acoustic guitar that gives a special feeling.

Was listening to a compilation I have from Stereo MC's, had to look up the full version of this song as a result.

The Mike Theodore Orchestra - Moon Trek

6/10.

I admire the music itself, just not my thing.

This is a performance I picked up on recently that I really admire.

Crystal Castles Untrust Us performed by a lot of kids at music school. I know nothing about the song or band but this is a great performance.

I wish I went to this school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7a2u9v0V0c

AcridMeat

Banned
6/10.

I admire the music itself, just not my thing.

This is a performance I picked up on recently that I really admire.

Crystal Castles Untrust Us performed by a lot of kids at music school. I know nothing about the song or band but this is a great performance.

I wish I went to this school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7a2u9v0V0c
This is absolutely awesome. Untrust Us is a great song already, but hearing it performed like this is just unreal. The panning over the kids hitting their chests is kind of crazy, like they're chanting to a great leader. Thanks a ton for the link.

Reminds me of this version of Alberto Balsam with steel drums.

Speaking of steel drums, the happiest cover of Joy Division in the world.

Joy Division - Transmission (traveling steel drum band)

alazz

This is absolutely awesome. Untrust Us is a great song already, but hearing it performed like this is just unreal. The panning over the kids hitting their chests is kind of crazy, like they're chanting to a great leader. Thanks a ton for the link.

Reminds me of this version of Alberto Balsam with steel drums.

Speaking of steel drums, the happiest cover of Joy Division in the world.

Joy Division - Transmission (traveling steel drum band)
7/10 Solid, fun piece. Very happy.
I never listened to much Joy Division (mostly because I never bought any of their stuff) but I'd read that a written description of their sound was what inspired The Overload by Talking Heads, who'd never heard a song by them. Kinda neat.

Stéphane Grappelli - Tears

7/10

Damn great song, Instant Clarity is a really underrated album that never really gets the love that it deserves. (Also a Kiske/Helloween fan here if you can't tell by my username)

Didn't do much for me until the 2:12 mark when the guitar came, but then it left at 3:02 as did my interest in the song.

Samhain - Human Pony Girl

6/10

The song has a good atmosphere, and is written well. I'm honestly just not too much a fan of the style or vocals, really.

Black Sabbath - Computer God

This song is worryingly still relevant despite being over 20 years old.

Hieberrr

Uhm, yea I just really don't like this style of classic rock, especially Sabbath. Alas, 4/10 for being alright enough to listen to (and shreddage).

Hands Like Houses - Developments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTTuh8jWsAM
I... surprisingly, don't mind it. The vocalist sounds really... iono, Linkin Park-ish or like any other vocalist in this genre (imo). 6.6/10. Loved the instruments and pretty much everything asides from the vocals.

Robin Thicke - Pressure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XuRd2lX4ZM
Listen to at least half of the song.

AcridMeat

Banned
6/10 - Average song, nothing good but nothing bad.

Autechre - Dropp

I wanna see what people think of this.
Autechre is great!
I used to be a fan of power metal. Now I can't really enjoy it as much. The song itself isn't that bad but: 6/10

Atmosphere - You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRbx5pTGVik
I dug the bassline a lot. Will need to look up more.

I'm pretty sure I posted The Antlers before, or someone else did, so I spent some time picking out one I know wasn't posted.

The Antlers - Atrophy (live)

My song is kinda modern and young-ish so I don't know how well received it will be. Anyway:

Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work.
6/10

Nothing personal. I listened to it twice to give it a fair shake, but it strikes me as superficially optimistic. Nothing overtly offensive, but a bit trite. Maybe I'm just a cynical bastard. Sorry.

And with that ham handed analysis I guess I shouldn't expect kid gloves from the following poster, but here goes:

Secret Chiefs 3 - Welcome to the Theatron Animatronique

Top Bottom