• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

oracrest

Ha I just clicked without reading your comment, but I agree. It's catchy. Way more upbeat than the Modest Mouse I was listening to just now.

Titus Andronicus - Richard II

Saw them last night, it was fun as hell.

Pretty good, wish the recording quality was better. But what can you do.
7/10

Speeding Cars - Deaf Havana
This song really hits it home for me. The lyrics are fantastic, though not as heavy on instrumentation this time around, but the added trumpets 3/4 way through are real nice.

I like the verses more than the chorus, especially the bassline. Reminds me a little bit of Black Light Burns.

As for me, predictably listening to old favorites on days like today.
Modest Mouse - Head South

I haven't listened to Modest Mouse in a while. I used to be a pretty big fan. This was the last album of theirs I bought. I haven't given it too much of a listen, but the song is pretty good.

This album just released a couple days ago. I've been listening to it a lot. Here is a song that sort of caught my ear.
Man Man- On Oni Pond- Sparks

I haven't listened to Modest Mouse in a while. I used to be a pretty big fan. This was the last album of theirs I bought. I haven't given it too much of a listen, but the song is pretty good.

This album just released a couple days ago. I've been listening to it a lot. Here is a song that sort of caught my ear.
Man Man- On Oni Pond- Sparks

The music itself caught my ear. Didn't care for the vocals so much.

For a change of direction, here's something dark and somber.

Teargas & Plateglass - One Day Across The Valley

If you listen to the spoken words, they're lifted from the transcript of Ghosts of Rwanda, which dealt with the genocide of Tutsis in the early 90s.

oracrest

Lol, I cam back to review True Widow, which was an amazing track BTW, and you had beat me to it.

CTTS!!

9.9/10. Drew is a beast on the guitar. He and I went to college together :) They have this hilarious B-side. I think the story goes that they were going into the studio either right before, or after these rappers. they heard the instrumental track from CTTS, and asked if they could do a rap on top of it. Check out how it ends, it's funny.

Die! Die! Die! - HowYe

Lazyslob

Banned
Lol, I cam back to review True Widow, which was an amazing track BTW, and you had beat me to it.

CTTS!!

9.9/10. Drew is a beast on the guitar. He and I went to college together :) They have this hilarious B-side. I think the story goes that they were going into the studio either right before, or after these rappers. they heard the instrumental track from CTTS, and asked if they could do a rap on top of it. Check out how it ends, it's funny.

Die! Die! Die! - HowYe

Pleasantly suprised. Usually not into stuff like this, but I dig it.

6.5/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVptkIol1o

Mington

john-thomson-fast-show-jazz-image-1-996834484.jpg
/10

HORSE The Band - Birdo

Top Bottom