• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

HiResDes

Do not like. Processed into boringness. Sounds like music that would be in a background for a commercial.

A better "Magic Man".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXOO7QVHgXs

Heart - Magic Man

Love the song, but I have to hear it daily on this oldies station at work and has gotten tiresome...I'm more of a Barracuda guy myself. I could play Magic Man by Kanye West, but I'm gonna play this instead because I think it's the cat's pajamas. 8/10

http://youtu.be/iqmi8Aq1B1k

Dec

I'll do both to correct the double post thing.

9/10 Very good.

Love the song, but I have to hear it daily on this oldies station at work and has gotten tiresome...I'm more of a Barracuda guy myself. I could play Magic Man by Kanye West, but I'm gonna play this instead because I think it's the cat's pajamas. 8/10

http://youtu.be/iqmi8Aq1B1k

8/10 Relaxing.

Conway Twitty - Last Date

Dec

They have a different singer now. This is also a great version but different.

Hooverphonic With Orchestra - Mad about you

I grew up in a country without much country music. But I still enjoy it sometimes.

8/10

Yea I'm from Canada but I love country from the 50s-80s.

I like that version more I think. It's a toss up with the different vocalist, they are both great but I do like the deeper tone of the second singer. The orchestra is what makes it better for me.

Down Like Rain - Jesse Cook

mikeroth

I'm half way through it. This is pretty mind blowing. You have to listen to it loud or it doesn't work. That little change when it builds up at around 7:20 was amazing. I'm going to keep typing this as the song progresses. I'll come back...

Woah..... WOAH! The END! This is fucking brutal! Intense.

Anyways here's what's next. Title is wrong on the video but whatever.

Swirlies - In Harmony New Found Freedom

cheezcake

I'm half way through it. This is pretty mind blowing. You have to listen to it loud or it doesn't work. That little change when it builds up at around 7:20 was amazing. I'm going to keep typing this as the song progresses. I'll come back...

Anyways here's what's next. Title is wrong on the video but whatever.

Swirlies - In Harmony New Found Freedom

7/0

Really interesting music but the vocals didn't do much for me

Protest The Hero - Drumhead Trial

UrbanRats

IGNORE ME

Yeah, GY!BE are all about the build up, so you have to take your time with them, but the pay off is great.
It's not something you can listen casually and enjoy, given the length and the slow build up to a climax.

/IGNORE ME

UrbanRats

You're really into long building songs. I've been a lot more into long songs that just remain where they started. Like a lot of the new My Bloody Valentine album. Anyways, that Darkside song was ok. It didn't do a lot for me.

Destroyer - Bay Of Pigs

Indeed i do.
Something like Godspeed or Swans, a 20 minutes track that evolves throughout, is probably my go to "thing".
--
Pretty great song you posted there. 8/10.
--
Black Mountain - Tyrants

Soon we'll be posting the full album, lol.

mikeroth

Indeed i do.
Something like Godspeed or Swans, a 20 minutes track that evolves throughout, is probably my go to "thing".
--
Pretty great song you posted there. 8/10.
--
Black Mountain - Tyrants

Soon we'll be posting the full album, lol.

Oh man, have you not heard of Destroyer? Oh goody. Start listening to his music. Soon. Haha I'll give you something to check out by him though this isn't my official entry. This is the opening track of hands down my favourite album of all time. Destroyer - Rubies

The song you posted was definitely buildy. I didn't care for the sounds they made with their guitar at times and the epic drum stuff gets a little annoying to me but overall it was actually pretty good and I really liked the soft part at the ending. Cool album cover too.

Here's an EP for my entry since we like long things here Hahahaha: Pale Saints - Half-Life EP

neoism

Odyssey
from Sketchbook by Bakoda a.k.a. Evan Awake

a0761489093_2.jpg

album
40 tracks, free...amazing

Calvero

Banned
Top Bottom