• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

Meh... not really my style. It was well put together but just nothing new. There wasn't any gut behind it for me. Sorry.

Here is probably my favourite person on Earth. I wish more people were as sensible as him. Thank you Ian.
The Evens - Cut From The Cloth

While I wasn't too much a fan of the vocalist or the style, I have to admit that the band's talented and that it was a really well written song. 6/10

The Winery Dogs - Elevate

Roubjon

While I wasn't too much a fan of the vocalist or the style, I have to admit that the band's talented and that it was a really well written song. 6/10

The Winery Dogs - Elevate

Not the biggest fan of the genre, but I definitely liked that riff they played in between most of the places where they were singing, as well as the entire part where they are just playing without vocals. I thought it was good for what it was. 6/10

Try this out guys: Parlours - Slowly Form Earth. Unintentionally hilarious music video.

PirateKing

Not the biggest fan of the genre, but I definitely liked that riff they played in between most of the places where they were singing, as well as the entire part where they are just playing without vocals. I thought it was good for what it was. 6/10

Try this out guys: Parlours - Slowly Form Earth. Unintentionally hilarious music video.

Not bad. I like it actually. It's pretty chill to listen to. Makes me want to learn piano even more. 8/10

Now for something different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9IZ1JFbPCc

EDIT: Damn my Internet took ages to post this comment....

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm sorry, I really didn't like that either, so I guess it works out. 4/10

Black Country Communion - Song of Yesterday

Sorry for posting BCC again, but this is one of my favorite songs by the band, just an incredible blues rock track.
Woah this is pretty fantastic. Love the guitar work. The solos are hitting the spoooot. 8/10

Meh... not really my style. It was well put together but just nothing new. There wasn't any gut behind it for me. Sorry.
Hey man, thanks for the impressions. That's too bad, really put a lot into that. You can't please everyone I guess.

Manami Matsumae - One Shot One Kill

mikeroth

Hey man, thanks for the impressions. That's too bad, really put a lot into that. You can't please everyone I guess.

Manami Matsumae - One Shot One Kill

Yeah, about your song, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like it. I know a lot of people would. I'm just weird. I'm kind of a musical douche... It's hard to please me. Keep at it though. People will like your stuff.

As for the song you just posted, That was fun. Haha I liked it. Early video game music like that is always fun. Don't think I'd listen to it on my free time, but I enjoyed it. 7/10

White Elephant - Four Songs: Hello Blue Eyes, Hills, Film, Meter

Roubjon

Yeah, about your song, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like it. I know a lot of people would. I'm just weird. I'm kind of a musical douche... It's hard to please me. Keep at it though. People will like your stuff.

As for the song you just posted, That was fun. Haha I liked it. Early video game music like that is always fun. Don't think I'd listen to it on my free time, but I enjoyed it. 7/10

White Elephant - Four Songs: Hello Blue Eyes, Hills, Film, Meter

Vocals really make it or break it for me, and I wasn't a huge fan of them here. I liked the beginning of their second song though, it was chill. 5/10

Pogo - Muppet Mash

Herne

I got you.

Ah, classical. Nice change of pace. Good stuff. 8/10

Thank you :)

Well, that was enjoyable :)

Im so happy that Old Man Gloom have been confirmed to be playing at Roadburn. Here are 4 songs in one video from their album meditations in b.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZLFp3yhpFQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hmm... can't say I liked this one. It was mostly just noise to me. Sorry, man. 3/10.

Guano Apes - Living In A Lie

mikeroth

Vocals really make it or break it for me, and I wasn't a huge fan of them here. I liked the beginning of their second song though, it was chill. 5/10

I guess no one will ever like his voice but me. I wish we were still playing together. Thanks for the feedback. Been a while since I watched that.

8/10. I like the vocals and guitar here, good song.

The Mountain Goats - 1 John 4:16

I never really got into the mountain goats on my own but I had a really good friend who loved them and we would drive around listening to them. Man that brought back memories. 10/10

Here's my post:
The Magnetic North - Hi Life
I feel like I should try to spread this band around because this album is really good and they are super talented.

AcridMeat

Banned

ЯAW

Banned
Wow, blow your hair back stuff! I loved it, loads of energy, chunky melodies and decent beats. The breakdown at 2:00 is quality. Added to favourites. ;)

9/10

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Tamacun (live)

Just quoted to say one of my favourite Foals tracks. That really slow burn build up is such a tease!

Gabriela for life <3 10/10. I have to say Tamacun isn't my favorite song from them but they are always amazing when they play live.
Their whole Eurockéennes set is also must hear.

Jeremiah Jae & Oliver The 2nd - Purple Moonshine Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx00yeURyf4

AcridMeat

Banned
Pretty nice vibe and his voice was cool.

7/10

Hard to get too excited by as laid back as it was.

Ironically, the very same could be said about my next choice, but it just gets me. The combination of her mournful voice and the nodding melancholic groove, it's really smooth:

Handsome Boy Modeling School ft. Cat Power - I've Been Thinking
Haven't listened to this album in a while, and yes it's grooving. That simple guitar sample is awesome.

Here's a somewhat similar track. Love this group.

Little Dragon - Stormy Weather

mikeroth

Not really my type of music but was surprisingly good. 7/10

Animals As Leaders - David

That was really good. 9/10 I was expecting it to go into some kind of hardcore screamo thing and I'm really happy it didn't I liked that a lot.

This is sort of in the same vein. I could have posted a link to a better quality studio version of this song but I love this video and his dance moves in the beginning are so great.

Owls - Anyone Can Have A Good Time

Edit: Oh wow oops. I'm really sorry Cisce. I love Yes and Fragile in particular is a goddamn masterpiece. 11/10 I think we just posted at the same time and I didn't see yours.

AcridMeat

Banned
That was really good. 9/10 I was expecting it to go into some kind of hardcore screamo thing and I'm really happy it didn't I liked that a lot.

This is sort of in the same vein. I could have posted a link to a better quality studio version of this song but I love this video and his dance moves in the beginning are so great.

Owls - Anyone Can Have A Good Time
The recording made it difficult to really judge a band I've not listened to much of. I think I like their sound. I definitely like the last couple minutes.

Agent Orange - Everything Turns Grey

edit: Props for Animals As Leaders and Yes.

Dec

The recording made it difficult to really judge a band I've not listened to much of. I think I like their sound. I definitely like the last couple minutes.

Agent Orange - Everything Turns Grey

edit: Props for Animals As Leaders and Yes.

7/10

Terry Reid - The Frame

Fun fact: He was the first choice for Led Zeppelin's vocalist. He wanted to further his solo career and denied, recommending Robert Plant instead.

Yardbirds guitarist Jimmy Page became interested in Reid's work, and when The Yardbirds disbanded, Page wanted Reid to fill the vocalist spot for his proposed new group, the New Yardbirds, which was to become Led Zeppelin. Reid had already committed to go on the road with Cream (as an opening act on the 1968 US Tour). So he suggested to Page that he consider a young Birmingham based singer, Robert Plant, instead, having previously seen Plant's Band of Joy as a support act at one of his concerts. Reid later was offered a position as a member of Deep Purple when they decided to replace singer Rod Evans; Ian Gillan was given the position instead.

Dec

Didn't think I'd enjoy the song after the first 30 seconds or so but by the end I was a fan. Definitely has an early 70's funk feel to it and it's a solid song. Listening to Seed of Memory right now and I like it much better.

CHVRCHES - Recover

Certainly. I don't think that's anywhere near his best song. Seed of Memory is a fantastic album.

Terry Reid - Faith to Arise

And bonus: a 2012 live performance of To Be Treated Rite. Probably his most popular song since it was in the best scene of The Devil's Rejects.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not sure how much actual conversation of the music posted is welcomed. In order to not mess this up:

I like that song, she's a bit squeaky, but still pretty good, the music is great. 8/10

I thought you said Tara Reid so someone needs to rate Tara Reid:

Tara Reid - Karaoke Total Eclipse of the Heart

insta.gif

1/10 because at least she tried.

Next Esben and the Witch - Marching Song

Dec

insta.gif

1/10 because at least she tried.

Next Esben and the Witch - Marching Song

Sounds great. Video is a bit crazy haha.

"[Hansi] was out walking his dog and he saw a little boy get killed on a bicycle -- hit by a car. Well, it happened again, like a week later -- same spot, same place in his neighborhood in a place where something like that would never happen." In summary, the Fiddler makes a mistake and takes this little boy's life too soon. Thusly, he promised the boy he'll create this paradise for him. The girl in this scenario would have been this little boy's future wife, so the deal is that the Fiddle makes a heaven for this pair as part of the bargain.

Fiddler on the Green

Top Bottom