• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The song Space Oddity is being removed from Alan Wake (2010)

nkarafo

Yeah that's right. Let the publishers have access to your whole library. Let them change your games.

Digital stores for the win.

Krathoon

Ok. I just got a notification of the update for Alan Wake today on gog.

Is there a way to delete the update off the update list so it is not sitting there forever?

Does this affect the original Xbox 360 version that is backwards compatible on One/Series X and S?
It most certainly will, since it is identical to the version sold on the store. Backwards compatible games don't use the data on the disc, it's just a license for the digital version.

The question is: will the 360 disc on a 360 get updated. I presume not since the 360 store is offline, so no copies are being sold in any form.

The easy way to do this right is to just delist it. People who already have it, have it.

Relist it again with the update as a different SKU.

Really shit way to do this and change people's game they already have. Totally unacceptable.

Exactly this is fucking BULLSHIT. I HATE this industry so fucking much lately.

Why are we still not protected from BULLSHIT like this in 2024? I always bring it back to Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are the ones most to blame because it's THEIR PLATFORMS and they should be trying to protect the people who are on their platforms.

BTW- why is Remedy always at the center of these little controversies stemming from them trying to get a leg up where they can financially, even though it's at the expense of their customers? They are really shitty company ...they were involved with:
Control Ultimate edition being a FULL priced game instead of a free or paid upgrade for existing owners; Epic Store exvlusivity for AW2; NO physical editions for AW2 nonsense and now this!

This is scummy like all their business decisions. Make a new skew dont fuck your fans over!

kevboard

Control Ultimate edition being a FULL priced game instead of a free or paid upgrade for existing owners

that was indeed absolutely fucked up. on console it was basically a paid 60fps patch, and a useless 30fps mode that noone would use (a mode that should have had the option to unlock FPS on Xbox btw... complete waste of a port)

it should have been free for the fact alone that the only somewhat playable last gen version was the One X version, and even that one was absolutely blowing up that CPU

Last edited:

marjo

Funny how this kind of thing never seems to happen with movies. I can go out and get a new copy of any movie made in the 80s, and it will come with the exact same soundtrack it originally released with. Why is the video game industry so different?

Funny how this kind of thing never seems to happen with movies. I can go out and get a new copy of any movie made in the 80s, and it will come with the exact same soundtrack it originally released with. Why is the video game industry so different?

That's a great question. There's one thing I can honestly say about the games industry after being a gamer for 35 years and that is the industry is rotten and corrupt to the core especially the last 10 years or so. It has gotten REALLY bad the stuff these companies routinely get away with, to the point that (esp on consoles) gamers have become so used tp being treated like shit that nobody bats an eye.

In fact you get most gamers calling us "entitled" for even getting angry and complaining when these scum sucking companies pull their latest stunt. Destiny 2 saw Bungie de-listing over $150 of content less than TWO YEARS after it was even released! Gamers response to this? "You signed the Terms of Service/EULA agreement you entitled piece of shit!". Can't make this shit up but it's the truth and the norm.

Top Bottom