• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Robot Wars Z2 |OT| The Last Bastion of Sprite Animation (56k watch out)

My Japanese is shit, but I think it says that after Zechs leaves (or enters?) the battlefield you need to eliminates all enemies in 3 turns.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Pureauthor said:
My Japanese is shit, but I think it says that after Zechs leaves (or enters?) the battlefield you need to eliminates all enemies in 3 turns.

And that would be the only possible thing he hasn't tried yet.

Friend has already tried:
1) Kill him in 3 turns
2) Kill everyone except him in 3 turns
3) Kill the units with him then him in 3 turns

I'm going to assume its after he gets defeated, defeat all enemies...

RiderKairuu said:
Where can I get this game the cheapest? I know I'll be paying alot either way since it's import.

Where do you live? I like using NCSX.

xero273

maybe amiami.

ncsx regular edition = $80
amiami regular edition = 6,060 yen which is around 70 USD.

not sure how much shipping is at amiami, but i think ncsx cheapest shipping is around $4

Bebpo

Banned
Depends on where you are and how fast you want it.

EMS 2-3 day shipping from amiami is 2000yen, so you're looking at about $90 total. Ncsx priority mail 2-3 day mail is $6.

Then again ncsx might be sold out of the first batch, dunno. They tend to be pre-sold out of most games as the first batch or two is pre-orders only. So amiami or play-asia would be the better choice since they have it in stock now.

Shouta

Pureauthor said:

Pretty sure it says kill all enemies within 3 turns after Zechs and his reinforcements appear.

I had a few problems with getting the Skill Point (kill all enemies within three turns of the Mazinger enemies showing up) for the first Trider G7 stage but after poking it a bit more, I got it. It's one of those annoying points to get on your first try because the positioning is totally fubared and the turn counter is a bit of a mess.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Shouta said:
Pretty sure it says kill all enemies within 3 turns after Zechs and his reinforcements appear.

The problem with that is that the Skill Point requirement isnt revealed until you kill all the current enemies on the map, which at that point, Zechs and lots of reinforcements arrive. More reinforcements come if you either kill a certain amount of units, or if you take out Zechs.

And if it's really just a "kill everyone in 3 turns", why even bother mentioning Zechs?

Ehhh... I'm not even there (don't even have game). Its for the idiot friend who's starting to tick me off by the mere fact he has the game before me. >_<;

I ordered my Special Box through NCSX but guessing it has not shipped yet. After watching numerous Youtube videos all I can say is that I'm super psyched!

xero273

Sseklebeast said:
I ordered my Special Box through NCSX but guessing it has not shipped yet. After watching numerous Youtube videos all I can say is that I'm super psyched!

ncsx doesn't get their imports in until Thursday. So expect them to ship it out today if there are no delays.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, GL mech is useless as hell.

Trider is awesome though and he should be in your party ALWAYS. No seriously, that PP bonus is worth it.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
The mecha gods have heard my cries!
If all goes well, might have it tomorrow. Saturday at the latest.

Ookami-kun said:
Man, GL mech is useless as hell.

Trider is awesome though and he should be in your party ALWAYS. No seriously, that PP bonus is worth it.

When I tried it out yesterday, Gurren Lagann was pretty decent for a Super. Nice damage output, and I think on the save I used, Kamina was the first one to get Hot Blood, and both he and Simon both had accuracy boost seishins. Giga Drill Breaker was sweeeeet.

Trider was okay, but the hit rate was so-so when it was anything that wasn't a Super. I don't recall seeing any accuracy boosting seishins for the pilot. Accuracy boosting parts and some pumping of PP ito the stats should fix that though...

Shouta

Man, the Sora Iro Days remix is so garbage. I mean, I wasn't a fan of it in the first place but man, it's total crap compared to the Shin Mazinger, 00, and Daiguard OP remixes.

Shouta

Oh god, Ryoma and Kamina
together are great, staring each other down and about to rip each other's throats out. Kamina getting called a monkey is priceless too.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Okay... so he's tried kill everyone in 3 turns after Zechs appears, but its not getting the point.
He also tried kill everyone THEN Zechs in 3 turns, that didnt work either.

He's tried every possible thing at this point. I have no idea what he's doing wrong.

UPDATE: Japanese wiki FINALLY put the skill pt up for Stage 20 (wasnt there last night). I ran it through google translate and it does appear that its kill everyone in 3 turns.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that my idiot friend is being more of a idiot than usual, and he's probably not counting the turns correctly.

Boss Doggie

HaRyu said:
Trider was okay, but the hit rate was so-so when it was anything that wasn't a Super. I don't recall seeing any accuracy boosting seishins for the pilot. Accuracy boosting parts and some pumping of PP ito the stats should fix that though...

He has the double gain thing for himself, but mainly keep him since having him in the party automatically means the PP bonus is obtained after each round.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Mmm... does anyone know if the saves are locked to a PSP?

I might be able to borrow a copy until mine arrives.

xero273

HaRyu said:
Mmm... does anyone know if the saves are locked to a PSP?

I might be able to borrow a copy until mine arrives.

pretty sure saves are not locked to a psp since there are no trophies or achievement to get like the ps3s.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
xero273 said:
pretty sure saves are not locked to a psp since there are no trophies or achievement to get like the ps3s.

There are games that have saves locked to the PSP. Dead or Alive Paradise was one of them.
Don't judge me! I was only playing it for the interesting gameplay!

xero273

HaRyu said:
There are games that have saves locked to the PSP. Dead or Alive Paradise was one of them.
Don't judge me! I was only playing it for the interesting gameplay!

ah never knew that.

Sure, the gameplay...

/points finger at haryu and laughs!!!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
xero273 said:
ah never knew that.

Sure, the gameplay...

/points finger at haryu and laughs!!!

HEY!
I DON'T PLAY GAMES FOR BOUNCING BOOBIES!
WHY DO YOU THINK I PLAY SUPER ROBOT.... wait...

I feel so dirty.

Shouta

So for anyone that is going to play the game, I HIGHLY implore you to use Daiguard's Drill Arm against an air enemy because it is AWESOME!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Shouta said:
So for anyone that is going to play the game, I HIGHLY implore you to use Daiguard's Drill Arm against an air enemy because it is AWESOME!

Using the eye beam for Mazinger Z on an aerial enemy is pretty sweet too. ^O^

Shouta

Using Gurren Lagann isn't too bad in this game. You only need to upgrade GL for both Gurren and Lagann to get them and if you separate and attack with Gurren, you can form GL again for another attack. Eats EN up like crazy but not bad!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Internet bro-fist to anyone besides me who has seen every single robot series listed to be in this game.

>=D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
squall23 said:
^
Your dedication surpasses mine. I'm still looking for a few more episodes of Zambot 3 and Trider G7.

Yet, I remaining unsatisfied! Need more hot blooded robot action!

Shouta

Haha, so I'm at the route split in the mid-teens (like stage 16) and I went with
Macross Frontier group that includes Daiguard, Mazinger, Trider, Gurren Lagann and Godmars. The first scene right after the route split is this group on the Frontier watching "Do you remember love?" as a primer for their world. Of course all the members are watching it like hardcore otaku. And Oh God, Bobby and Leeron together!

Boss Doggie

Shouta said:
Haha, so I'm at the route split in the mid-teens (like stage 16) and I went with
Macross Frontier group that includes Daiguard, Mazinger, Trider, Gurren Lagann and Godmars. The first scene right after the route split is this group on the Frontier watching "Do you remember love?" as a primer for their world. Of course all the members are watching it like hardcore otaku. And Oh God, Bobby and Leeron together!

You will hate the barriered dimension beasts though. Thankfully you have a bunch of SRs who can dish out damage to bypass that, but still, the sudden increase in enemy evasion sucks.

Oh and
in the mission where you get Knot Punisher for Daiguard, save it until doing the finishing blow to the boss on that stage

Shouta

Daiguard is pretty awesome despite the lower stats in this. I don't have the Knot Punisher yet but it has 4 freaking P moves and two of them pierce through barriers, which really helps against these things.

And man, Mazinger is crazy powerful in this, The Proton Beam is ridiculous and that's probably not the last attack it gets. Shame it guzzles EN like an SUV so I had to put E-Save on Koji, heh.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Minor story spoiler when the SRW Z/ZEUTH characters start appearing:

Zambot 3 and its 3 pilots first to appear. They're definitely confused, wondering why certain characters (mainly, any series that have gotten alts for Z2, aka Eureka 7, Mazinger, Getter), have no idea who the Zambot 3 kids are. Same plot point/joke is repeated when next stage, when the Overman King Gainer and Xybungle crew show up.

Also, Setsuko's name is dropped by the Zambot 3 kids (aka, the original Real Robot pilot from SRW Z).

GRAHHH. I NEED GAME.
Just need to hold out till tonight.

Boss Doggie

Shouta said:
And man, Mazinger is crazy powerful in this, The Proton Beam is ridiculous and that's probably not the last attack it gets. Shame it guzzles EN like an SUV so I had to put E-Save on Koji, heh.

He actually has a built-in EN recovery, albeit only small. When he gets Ace rank (or was it full mech upgrade?) it becomes medium.

Shouta

Ookami-kun said:
He actually has a built-in EN recovery, albeit only small. When he gets Ace rank (or was it full mech upgrade?) it becomes medium.

It's not enough! The Proton Beam takes 56 EN even after E-save and Mazinger has like 250 EN, I can only fire a few shots before I gotta refill, woof. On the other hand, I put a Radar on it to increase the Mazinger's firing range, so Koji is sniping people with it now! Can't say I ever imagined that would be happening, Mazinger fighting at 8 spaces away.

Boss Doggie

Shouta said:
It's not enough! The Proton Beam takes 56 EN even after E-save and Mazinger has like 250 EN, I can only fire a few shots before I gotta refill, woof. On the other hand, I put a Radar on it to increase the Mazinger's firing range, so Koji is sniping people with it now! Can't say I ever imagined that would be happening, Mazinger fighting at 8 spaces away.

Have EN refillers ready and make them learn Move Resupply ability. Daiguard and Mazinger Z work wonders.

This is the first game where Proton Beam is one of his stronger attacks eh?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Ookami-kun said:
Have EN refillers ready and make them learn Move Resupply ability. Daiguard and Mazinger Z work wonders.

This is the first game where Proton Beam is one of his stronger attacks eh?

Yeah, but that's only because its that strong in the Shin Mazinger anime. Can't wait to see the giant rocket punch attack. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

squall23

HaRyu said:
Yeah, but that's only because its that strong in the Shin Mazinger anime. Can't wait to see the giant rocket punch attack. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
That you won't like what I have to say next.
God Scrander isn't in this game. In fact, pretty much every series besides Getter don't get their upgrade. They weren't kidding when they said this is only part 1.

Top Bottom