• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UFC 129 Thread of 55,000 people chanting "GSP! GSP!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

alr1ghtstart said:
NATIONALIST!

I never really understood rooting for people from your country, unless it's something like the olympics.

this sentence doesnt make any sense to me, lol

polyh3dron said:
As others have said, UFC.tv all the way. You can go there right now and check out a trial of how it'll look on your machine and the features of it by streaming round 1 of Edgar vs. Maynard 2.
Does anyone else get a clickjacking attempt warning when the sign in pop up appears?

I'd imagine Aldo's fight will be around 10:45 local (-5 GMT)
And St Pierre will be around 11:30 local

Depends how fast the other fights are

And now its time to go eat and ride the rocket downtown :D

GSP GSP GSP

I may post when I get to the Skydome, but once the PPV starts, hell naw

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Aldo is going to murder Hominick, he looked terrible at the weigh-in. I'd love to see Shields submit GSP, but don't see it happening.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BigJonsson said:
I'd imagine Aldo's fight will be around 10:45 local (-5 GMT)
And St Pierre will be around 11:30 local

Depends how fast the other fights are

And now its time to go eat and ride the rocket downtown :D

GSP GSP GSP

I may post when I get to the Skydome, but once the PPV starts, hell naw
oh there will be plenty of time for posting during the ME

/yaco

ShaneB

Prelims start on Facebook in just over 2 hours. Going to be a long night of great fights, can't wait! Damn I wish I was heading down there for a live show (with decent seats)

So I just got home from the fan expo. Met Cain Velasquez who looked like he was gonna ass rape me in the picture I took with him. Got his autograph. The best person was Anthony Pettis though, he was really into the pictures and autographing, stood up in front of the table to do it all, took pics of the crowd even.

By the time I got up to Shogun in the longest line every he stopped signing shit and only did pictures, don't blame him though, horrible line management ruined it, he ended up being there like 2-3 hours over time. Silva and a bunch f others were there but didn't get a chance for them all, crazy lines!

All in all good times.

Fifty

I'm glad I went to the expo yesterday, rather than today. The crowds seemed much bigger today, and the fighters were probably more burned out from signing yesterday and partying last night and impatient to get out of there and go to the stadium today.

Fifty said:
I'm glad I went to the expo yesterday, rather than today. The crowds seemed much bigger today, and the fighters were probably more burned out from signing yesterday and partying last night and impatient to get out of there and go to the stadium today.
yeah the crowd was RIDICULOUS. Lines were massive to get things done, by the time you got one thing you missed out on 2 other things unless you planned on spending the whole day there, which was too hard.

Still better than nothing though.

Can we all be honest about something? If Shields goes for a take down and gets stuffed, how many of us will just be like "yep, he is fucked."

DKehoe

CaptYamato said:
Can we all be honest about something? If Shields goes for a take down and gets stuffed, how many of us will just be like "yep, he is fucked."
In some ways his lack of stand up may actually help him. As long as he has the conditioning to do so he is probably going to be going for takedowns almost constantly and may end up succeeding. A guy with a better (but still not good) level of stand up may quit takedown attempts after they don't work the first few times and figure he is going to have to stand and trade with GSP. Shields has to know the only way he can win is on the ground so has to be entirely focused on getting it there.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
He is going to have to work his ass off for any take down he gets. He'll be gassed midway through round 2. His cardio has always been shit.

desa

They are sure damn gonna be clinching a lot. I (want to) see Shields catching him in a standing submission.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Nah brah because on UFC Primetime Phil Davis took Shields down and Shields just flipped him over.
ExTBo.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Despite heavy motion blur you can still tell Pettis' eyebrows are sharp and fucking immaculate.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Holy shit that soon? its like 7:50am in Aus. Gonna rush to the shop for snacks.
hahah yup that's why i posted the reminder

hope they go to YT eventually facebook blows and their streaming video is a joke (still happy to be getting the prelims though :p)

Does the stream still say "please stand by" for everyone else?

Oh and astro, the video is actually hosted by UFC.com, not Facebook. If you put it in fullscreen and give it a minute it improves a whole lot.. I have my MacBook pro hooked up to my 52" HDTV and the stream looks pretty good.

SyNapSe

polyh3dron said:

Oh and astro, the video is actually hosted by UFC.com, not Facebook.

It does for me. Hopefully just a bit behind

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
polyh3dron said:

Oh and astro, the video is actually hosted by UFC.com, not Facebook. If you put it in fullscreen and give it a minute it improves a whole lot.. I have my MacBook pro hooked up to my 52" HDTV and the stream looks pretty good.
ah, thanks for the heads up.

working now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom