• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ultimate GAFfer Sports Fan List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Google

Boogie said:
Why doesn't anything intelligent come out of this poster?

No offence, but why cant we list our European sports here? Im sure there are quite a few forumites who might strike up some little cliques...

Giard

NHL - Montreal Canadiens for me. I'm not exactly a fan, but they're my home team from my favorite sport, and love to watch them play. Couldn't care less if they lose or win though.

Boogie

Google said:
No offence, but why cant we list our European sports here? Im sure there are quite a few forumites who might strike up some little cliques...

Nobody's stopping you.

edit: Even though Meier's edited in a jab at my MMA pimping! Damn you! :lol

I can't believe that my name wouldn't come up in the list of Yankees fans. I have failed you, Wellington. :-(

Anyway:

MLB: Yankees
NBA: Knicks
NFL: Jets
NHL: Rangers

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Lazy said:
NBA: craptors... i mean raptors

tsk tsk, believe in Bargnani
bargn33.jpg

Playoffs here we come.

Google

Boogie said:
Nobody's stopping you.

edit: Even though Meier's edited in a jab at my MMA pimping! Damn you! :lol

Football : Leeds United

Rugby : London Irish

Cricket : Somerset County

Hockey : Vancouver Canucks and the Vancouver Giants

NFL : Seattle Seahawks

woodchuck

threeball said:
You need a section as well for teams people hate. I hate:

MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA Football: Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Baylor Bears
NCAA Basketball: Duke University, Kansas University, UConn Huskies, Gonzaga Bulldogs

You disgust me.

anyways,

NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NCAA Football: Texas Longhorns
NCAA Basketball: Texas Longhorns
and if I had to pick a team to support in the Premiership, it's Arsenal

Nameless

For the record I live in Columbia SC, so up until the Panthers came we didn't have any home teams..So with the exception of the Niners(long story) these teams became my favorite teams due to players I liked when I was a little kid..and they just stuck as my teams..Not to mention my College alama-mata had a 2A b-ball team but no football team.

NFL: Niners
MLB:Indians
NBA:Bulls(Bulls>>>everyone but people may see me cheer the lakers at times because Kobe is easily my 2nd favorite NBA player ever + my dad is a long time Laker fan..).
NCAAF:FSU
NCAAB:UNC
NHL: Blackhawks/Kings if I had to pick, but I don't keep up with hockey like I used to.

Google

Nameless said:
For the record I live in Columbia SC, so up until the Panthers came we didn't have any home teams..So with the exception of the Niners(long story) these teams became my favorite teams due to players I liked when I was a little kid..and they just stuck as my teams..Not to mention my College alama-mata had a 2A b-ball team but no football team.

NFL: Niners
MLB:Indians
NBA:Bulls(Bulls>>>everyone but people may see me cheer the lakers at times because Kobe is easily my 2nd favorite NBA player ever + my dad is a long time Laker fan..).
NCAAF:FSU
NCAAB:UNC
NHL: Blackhawks/Kings if I had to pick, but I don't keep up with hockey like I used to.

You forgot your Cricket team.

ianswoody

MLB: Chicago Cubs
NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NHL: Colorado Avalanche
College: The University of Nebraska Cornhuskers

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
MLB- Detroit Tigers (though I lost my fan membership card at least 5 years ago)
NFL- Detroit Lions
NHL- Detroit Redwings (NOT a bandwagon whore unlike most Wings fans)
NBA- Detroit Pistons (NOT a badwagon fan... I hate pistons bandwagon jumpers more than anything in LIFE)

College:
Football- Central Michigan, Michigan State, University of Michigan (This is only to say that I love all three, but when they play each other this is the order of rooting I take)
Basketball- Mich State, Michigan

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
NFL- Oakland Raiders
MLB- New York Yankees (though I'm not a real fan, but I absolutely hate the Red Sox which puts me over with the Yankees crowd)

-College football: Vols (I would love to say Ole Miss since its my school, but I cannot let myself pick two college teams. Also, when the two teams play each other, I alway always root for UT. But I feel guilty about it.)

-Pro football: Colts

-Pro basketball: Celtics

I'm only really hardcore about baseball. When I need to talk about it, I post on a baseball specific board, so I don't really participate in the GAF sports threads.

Favorite Teams:

MLB: Mets. Since I was 8-9 yoa (26 yoa now). Have been a huge fan of them through the good times (very few in my baseball aware lifetime) and bad.

NFL: Jets. Only started following them the last 5+ years, which is when I started to care about football enough to follow a team casually. It helped that father started to get into football and the Jets around that time. As a kid I liked Joe Montana when my father would turn on the Super Bowl, even though I didn't care about the sport.

NBA: Bulls, who I got into as a kid due to Jordan, but...
I was a big basketball fan through my early teens, but I don't care too much about the sport anymore (5+ years), so I'm not really a fan of any team. The only reason I still know anything about the NBA is due to my dad being a big basketball and Knick fan. It's been a nice talking point for us for a while now, which is nice.

Bauer Action Hour said:
I'm only really hardcore about baseball. When I need to talk about it, I post on a baseball specific board, so I don't really participate in the GAF sports threads.
Awww, come on man. We need more Mets fans in the baseball thread. Everybody else is rooting against them.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
CajoleJuice said:
Awww, come on man. We need more Mets fans in the baseball thread. Everybody else is rooting against them.

Damn straight.

All of mine were already in the original post except the Bears, which Lonestart mentioned already.

Colts, Pacers, Reds

But I am a HUGE fan of Tom Brady, the classiest man of all sports. Soley because of Tom Brady, I am a borderline Pats fan, save for Rodney Harrison.

I'd trade Peyton for Tom in a heartbeat.

Karakand

Awesome thread. Anyways, here we go!

MLB: Anaheim Angels, (Whoops, old habits die hard, Los Angeles Angels)
NHL: Anaheim Ducks
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NCAA: UCLA Bruins (already got that thanks to Cyan)
NFL: Oakland Raiders

Cyan said:
I can give you a few of the good college football fans off the top of my head:

Thanks, buddy! :)

-jinx- said:
College sports: UCLA (alma mater)
Eggo said:
College - UCLA... GOOoooooo Bruins!

BROTHERS, CAN I GET AN 8-CLAP??????

Osorio

MLS: Red Bull New York
NHL: New Jersey Devils

I don't follow any other American sports leagues. Do the USA Rugby Eagles count?

GCQuinton

NFL: Carolina Panthers
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
NCAA: UNC Tar Heels (football and basketball), NC Central Eagles (current DII top 10 FB team, moving up to DI next season, former football player, alma mater)

AirBrian

MLB
Chicago Cubs

NBA
Chicago Bulls
Dallas Mavericks

NFL
Chicago Bears

College Sports
The University of Texas
UNC

NHL
Dallas Stars

Tamanon

Banned
Oh and put me down for the Jacksonville Suns for Minor League Baseball! :p

BASEBALLS NEVER BEEN HOTTER THAN THE JACKSONVILLE SUNS!

Meier

tralfazz said:
NBA - Magic
NFL - Eagles
MLB - Phillies
NCAA - Gators

tralfazz! Was trying to remember my fellow Magic fan with Dwight in their avatar. :D Shame about the Gators though...

Kangu

Banned
NFL: Denver Broncos: More than a decade of sustained regular season excellence!
NHL: Colorado Avalanche: ****ing underachievers
NBA: Houston Rockets: Yao! TMac! Bonzi! Battier! Earth, Wind and Fire! And Water!
MLB: Mmm, whoever has a mexican player in the playoffs.

kingofrod

NFL: Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts
MLB: Cincinnati Reds
NBA: Detroit (or whatever team Tayshaun moves to...)
College: U of Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom