• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The United States Grand Prix |OT| Formula 1 Returns to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
Had McLaren not fucked up so many times he probably would've be winning.

A good argument has been made that Lewis would have been champ 2 races ago once corrected for mclaren failures, I know someone is currently backcounting all reliability failures and team cock-ups for all the top teams but it still looks like a easy win for lewis.

h3ro

Please don't hate. They the young upstart team, fighting against the evil old F1 teams.
iq0ep54IVkG70.jpg

so young. so fresh.

I don't feel like looking for stewart pics lol

Well, potential for an interesting final race. Plenty of opportunity for things to get crazy.

Congrats to Red Bull on another constructors title... even with Webber dragging them down. :D

Who is asking the questions? He sounds stoned/pissed. Let them speak ffs.

Just some old dude.

Mario Gabriele Andretti (born February 28, 1940) is a retired Italian American world champion racing driver, one of the most successful Americans in the history of the sport. He is one of only two drivers to win races in Formula One, IndyCar, World Sportscar Championship and NASCAR (the other being Dan Gurney).

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Great race, great track, hopefully this will help F1 become a bit more popular in the US, though no doubt the time zones, centered for the most part around Europe, will always be an issue.

Shaneus

Andretti taking speech tips from Vettel, it seems.

LOL @ Australian commentators, saying how good Horner has done and how well he conducts himself during post-race interviews. You know, EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE.

Yup, let's blame a backmarker again. Idiot. Didn't even mention Webber or the mechanical failure once.

Ethranes

Best parts of the broadcast in order;

1. American national anthem.
2. Guy parachuting in with an American flag.
3. Warplanes flying over with massive crowd uproar.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woo! Great race. Finally someone actually brings a challenge to Vettel while he's in first.

Were there any interesting interactions/conversations in the room before the podium? I always enjoy seeing that but SPEED had a commercial break during that part.

That fight for the win was amazing. Great job by Vettel and Hamilton. Their pace was ridiculous.

Congrats to Red Bull on the constructors title. Can't wait for Brazil!

The track looks amazing to drive and provided great action. Million times better than Indy.

Realyn

Andretti taking speech tips from Vettel, it seems.

LOL @ Australian commentators, saying how good Horner has done and how well he conducts himself during post-race interviews. You know, EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE.

Yup, let's blame a backmarker again. Idiot. Didn't even mention Webber or the mechanical failure once.
You have no clue about racing if you don't understand how much Karthikeyan held up Vettel in the esses.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Great race, great track, hopefully this will help F1 become a bit more popular in the US, though no doubt the time zones, centered for the most part around Europe, will always be an issue.

I already wake up early for European football on the weekends. I'll try to watch the final race next week if I don't have a lot of schoolwork to complete.

jey_16

Banned
I'm in new York now and the race was a non event, my hotel didn't have SPEED and all the bars had the NFL or nascar on. Ended up following the auto sports commentary

Chris R

Terrific race and result! Will be back in 2014 if not next year. Should arrive in Austin around this time tomorrow if people are still around and wanting to do stuff.

Igo

I'm in new York now and the race was a non event, my hotel didn't have SPEED and all the bars had the NFL or nascar on. Ended up following the auto sports commentary
That's a shame, but hopefully the quality on show today will build some hype for next year.

Realyn

About .6s according to the timing screen, less then what Hamilton lost earlier on due to traffic. It happens.

Allright, let me break this down for you.

If you are slightly faster it doesn't hurt that much if you are behind 1.5 or 2.0 seconds. It is however a _small_ difference if you are 0.3 or 0.9 behind the leader going into the DRS zone.

Hard concept to understand I guess ...

Business

Brilliant race by Hamilton, it's a shame most probably he won't have a fast car next year because that's what he does when he's got one.

Have to appreciate that Alonso has kept the championship open until the last race but given the points difference and specially the performance difference to RBR, Ferrari may already start praying for some massive rain next sunday if they want to have a chance.

What a race! I really enjoyed it. I hated how Kimi fell down the order, and that fucked up pit stop caused him a much higher finishing position.

Glad the championship is still alive, now next race I want Alonso to win and Vettel comes 4th at the last corner. Massa heartbreaking shit lol

Kimi's overtakes on Massa and Hulk were phenomenal! Iceman deserves a top seat

dalin80

Banned
Allright, let me break this down for you.

If you are slightly faster it doesn't hurt that much if you are behind 1.5 or 2.0 seconds. It is however a _small_ difference if you are 0.3 or 0.9 behind the leader going into the DRS zone.

Hard concept to understand I guess ...

Been watching F1 for 20 years I get the concept, the fact is it was about .6s of a second and it happens to everyone at some point, happened to hamilton earlier in the race its just part of racing. Maybe if Vettel had paced a bit better he wouldn't have hit the HRT in such a bad spot who knows? Its part of F1.

Realyn

I don't even argue that HAM would have overtook him anyway. I was just responding to some guy calling Horner an idiot, while he obv has no clue.

edit: and to the last part of your post. Please, watch the replays. He caught Karthikeyan on the entry to the esses. In your opinion he should have paced about ~2 seconds faster to catch him before? Yeah well ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom