• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The US PSP Launch

suikodan

TTP said:
PHOTO and MUSIC

(In the PSP folder)

Yay! It worked, thanks!

I don't think I'll be able to see pictures on the PSP if I take a MS Pro Duo from a Sony Digicam and put it into the PSP because of the folder architecture, right?

suikodan said:
(In the PSP folder)

Yay! It worked, thanks!

I don't think I'll be able to see pictures on the PSP if I take a MS Pro Duo from a Sony Digicam and put it into the PSP because of the folder architecture, right?

It'll still work, diff folder root, but Sony desined the PSP to be able to work with their Cybershots directly.

demi

Hi guys it's me, your friendly neighborhood demi.

I'm not fucking reading through 30 pages, so can anyone answer this already answered question again?

Are firmware upgrades written to the actual system or placed on the memory stick?

Amir0x

Banned
Well, leaving to get the PSP. It's snowing like hell outside, there's already 8 inches or more and 611 is a crawl. Wish me luck. Hope I don't die.

VIVA LA PSP!

demi said:
Hi guys it's me, your friendly neighborhood demi.

I'm not fucking reading through 30 pages, so can anyone answer this already answered question again?

Are firmware upgrades written to the actual system or placed on the memory stick?

Placed on the mem stick first. You install it from there, where the PSP updates teh firmware. After that you can delete the original file and the update is still there (since the firmware has been updated).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Any quick way to recreate the jpeg bug? Trying with the new update.

BTW, the video play after recovery from sleep mode rocks, but you are still taken to the XMB interface after the recovery and need to run the video again (but then it starts from where u left it)

And, is my memory tricking me or the file icons have two circular arrows around them that weren't there before?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Another thing about the firware update.

- Support to retain the screen mode setting for video data saved on the mem stick

this applies to the photo viewr too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Pedigree Chum said:
Placed on the mem stick first. You install it from there, where the PSP updates teh firmware. After that you can delete the original file and the update is still there (since the firmware has been updated).

Damn, sweet. I thought you would have to keep the file on the memory stick. I guess I'll keep the 32 MB memory stick till the Wipeout Pure DLC hits online

JPRaup

Banned
I just encoded latest episode of 24 (clocked in at around 200 MB, it was the best quality) and i cant wait for this damn thing, if one of my stores doesnt have the 512 MB stick, hell will break loose

Sysgen

DarienA said:
My damn EB isn't opening until it's regular time 10 tomorrow... I'll be long to work by then... dammit... no PSP love for me til after work. Feel my pain. :(

eh? Why don't you just work from home ... like me :D

SonnyBoy

Will I be able to rip my current DVD collection to my memory stick for use on my PSP? The only thing stopping me from buying one are the ridicously high UMD movie prices.

Jason

Damn Sony and their sexy, sexy hardware. Hopefully mine arrives sometime next week. :D

images

Ironclad

SonnyBoy said:
Will I be able to rip my current DVD collection to my memory stick for use on my PSP? The only thing stopping me from buying one are the ridicously high UMD movie prices.
Yes, there are utilities that can rip the movie off of the DVD, and then convert it to a file that is recognizable by the PSP.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just out of curiosity. Did anyone else's EBGames.com preorder ship on the 23rd? And if so, did it go via UPS? And if so, is your UPS tracking number actually pulling up any results yet at www.ups.com? Cuz mine isn't.

Rhage

Anyone know if EB will take unopened games without a receipt in exchange for store credit? and I mean full price, not the worthless preowned price. have an unopened game i'd like to exchange for a PSP game.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mejilan said:
Just out of curiosity. Did anyone else's EBGames.com preorder ship on the 23rd? And if so, did it go via UPS? And if so, is your UPS tracking number actually pulling up any results yet at www.ups.com? Cuz mine isn't.
Courier shipments (UPS, FedEx and DHL) almost never show up until after midnight/morning after they're shipped. Kind of defeats the purpose when it's next day air, but oh well.

Mejilan

Yeah, I know that sometimes they won't update until the next day. Just bugs me that it's been like 13 hours since it shipped, and still nothing.

I shipped it overnight, so I BETTER get it tomorrow.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mejilan said:
I shipped it overnight, so I BETTER get it tomorrow.
If I were you, I'd probably be sitting in the lobby of my building waiting for the delivery. I've never received any launch hardware in the mail; I'd be paranoid they wouldn't buzz me and just leave or something (in my area, everything requires a signature).

EGM92

Marconelly said:
I think I've read that all those update executables are using some encryption that has never been cracked so far. So fat chance, unfortunatelly.

No matter how good an encryption is, there is ALWAYS a exploit/backdoor/failsafe it's only time before someone reverse engineers it.

Mejilan

vatstep said:
If I were you, I'd probably be sitting in the lobby of my building waiting for the delivery. I've never received any launch hardware in the mail; I'd be paranoid they wouldn't buzz me and just leave or something (in my area, everything requires a signature).

I'll be at work. However, I have a doorman in my building who accepts my packages for me. JUST IN CASE, however, I've already spoken to my morning/afternoon doorman, so he knows to accept it. Additionally, I shot off an email to UPS authorizing them to leave it with my doorman. Hahahah. EBGames' disclaimer stating that packages over $400 in worth may require a signature before being delivered made me nervous. :)

Mejilan

SonnyBoy said:
Its good that you contacted UPS, we'd have that bad boy heading back to its center and you'd be going to pick her up. :)

Is an email enough? I sent that email about 9 hours ago. Or should I call them first thing tomorrow? I included my tracking number, shipping address, first name, etc, in the email. Did it via the website, with the fields you fill in yourself, etc.

Ironclad

SonnyBoy said:
About how many movies can I put on a 1GB stick?
It depends on the video and sound quality and the length of the movies. I can fit get the entire Indiana Jones Trilogy off of my DVD's with above average quality and it still doesn't exceed 700 MB's.

SonnyBoy

Mejilan said:
Is an email enough? I sent that email about 9 hours ago. Or should I call them first thing tomorrow? I included my tracking number, shipping address, first name, etc, in the email. Did it via the website, with the fields you fill in yourself, etc.

Call the customer counter directly. That way they can notify the driver of anything you need. Just to be sure.

SonnyBoy

Ironclad_Ninja said:
It depends on the video and sound quality and the length of the movies. I can fit get the entire Indiana Jones Trilogy off of my DVD's with above average quality and it still doesn't exceed 700 MB's.

Sweet, then I may get a PSP afterall. I'll just get a 1GB stick, pick a few movies for a trip and I'll be good to go.

Welp, I pre-ordered from Bestbuy.com and my PSP was shipped out today (the 23rd). According to the UPS tracker online it's being shipped out from Ohio at 8:30 pm eastern. You think it'll be here (Los Angeles area) by the time I go to work at 9:00 am western?

Shazapp

I got mine. There were about 6 or 7 people at the GameStop where I had mine reserved. I picked up Metal Gear Acid and Lumines too. I was the third in line.

I got a good one. No dead pixels, no dust under the screen and no constant-on pixels. Yay, me!

Mrbob

Just grabbed mine from Walmart.

In and out in 5 minutes. They got like 80 units in and I was the 3rd one to get one and I showed up at 12:10! Good luck ebayers! :lol

suikodan said:
psp1nb.jpg

Why waiting for midnight when some stores are selling it now?

Got the Gretzky pack and it cost a little bit more expected but what can I say? It's too cool!

And the video I've encoded with iPSP worked on the first try!
OH SNAP!!!

CARDBOARD SLEEVE

Gretzky bundle buyers = owned

aoi tsuki

Just got back from Walmart myself. They had 29 in the case, with something like 12 more in the back. Only one had been sold since midnight. The clerk made the comment that it was as thin as a credit card. :lol

i snapped a quick pic with my PDA and walked out before i allowed myself to realize what i was walking away from. i want the EB warranty, so i'll wait for eight hours and twenty-nine minutes longer, when EB is open.

Top Bottom