• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The US PSP Launch

Defensor said:
http://www.aone-soft.com/rmconverter.htm

Convert RealMedia(*.RM, *.RMVB) file to various format file
Split, cut or trim a large RealMedia(*.RM, *.RMVB) file to smaller clips
Join or merge RealMedia(*.RM,*.RMVB) files to a large one
Multi-task batch execute function
Supports RM, RMVB formats to AVI(DivX,XviD, MPEG-4.....)
Supports RM, RMVB formats to VCD,SVCD,DVD(PAL,NTSC)
Supports RM, RMVB formats to MPEG1, MPEG2 1
Supports RM, RMVB formats to Windows Media Format (WMV/ASF)
Support large video file, even large then 2GB
Very fast and without any quality loss.
Very User-friendly interface
Very easy to use

Try this free program. Just split the .ram into One AVI file and drag that into pspvideo9.

Right on! That works beautifully and it's damn simple too. Thanks a lot! :)

Shompola said:
yes I have connected the psp to a computer thru usb. no problem. usb voltage is indeed universal.

ok i trust you here, if my PSP gets fried i will forever hold a grudge against you Shompola :lol just kidding ;)

ok it the PSP did not go up in flames when i attached the USB so now to my other problem

how do i transfer the pics on my computer in to the PSP memory stick?

i enter USB mode on my PSP and the PC tells me its a USB port activated.
an E drive appears in "My Computer"

if i press it i find a folder called PSP
inside of the folder there is a lumines save file thats it

now if i drag the pictures i want from my photo folder on my computer in to the PSP folder they are there, if i go out of the USB mode of the PSP and enter photo mode there are no saved pics on my stick it tells me.

if i go in to USB mode again, the computer tells me the same thing, you have new hardwear attached to the USB and then a list of programs comes up, one of them says: transfer pics, files to the computer.
if i choose that one i can see a lumines pic and the pics that i added before.
so that means that the photos where transfered to the stick right?

but why cant i see them/find them when i enter photo mode on my PSP ??

Suerte

To those with dead pixels, the pope shares your pain!

popePSP.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
robertsan21 said:
ok it the PSP did not go up in flames when i attached the USB so now to my other problem

how do i transfer the pics on my computer in to the PSP memory stick?

i enter USB mode on my PSP and the PC tells me its a USB port activated.
an E drive appears in "My Computer"

if i press it i find a folder called PSP
inside of the folder there is a lumines save file thats it

now if i drag the pictures i want from my photo folder on my computer in to the PSP folder they are there, if i go out of the USB mode of the PSP and enter photo mode there are no saved pics on my stick it tells me.

if i go in to USB mode again, the computer tells me the same thing, you have new hardwear attached to the USB and then a list of programs comes up, one of them says: transfer pics, files to the computer.
if i choose that one i can see a lumines pic and the pics that i added before.
so that means that the photos where transfered to the stick right?

I think you have to create a specific folder called "Photo" or "Photos" and then put your jpeg files in that. The PSP will only recognise different types of files if they're in a specific directory structure, which unfortunately isn't created for you. I'm not exactly sure on the structure, though, it's in one of the threads round here..

gofreak said:
I think you have to create a specific folder called "Photo" or "Photos" and then put your jpeg files in that. The PSP will only recognise different types of files if they're in a specific directory structure, which unfortunately isn't created for you. I'm not exactly sure on the structure, though, it's in one of the threads round here..

shit one of the threads in here....thats quite a task to find it...hmm well let me try and creat a photo folder

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
robertsan21 said:
It sounds like your memory stick isn't formatted for PSP. You need to do that first (I'm surprised that Lumines didn't prompt you to do it). This will erase your memory stick, so back-up that Lumines save file to your computer if you want to keep it. Go into system settings on the PSP, and format your memory stick there. Now, when you connect it to your PC, inside the PSP folder, there should also be folders for GAME, MUSIC, PHOTO, and SAVE. Put your pictures in the PHOTO folder. Keep in mind that they have to be .JPG (not .JPEG).

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
robertsan21 said:
shit one of the threads in here....thats quite a task to find it...hmm well let me try and creat a photo folder

or, alternately, you could take 2 minutes of your time to read the fucking manual which explains how to do that.

You shouldn't have to create the folders yourself though. Like vatstep said, you need to format your memory card. Go to PSP Connect and they'll run down what you need to do.

EDIT: I suppose PSP connect is for video rather than photos but at least it's good for the set up file.

vatstep said:
It sounds like your memory stick isn't formatted for PSP. You need to do that first (I'm surprised that Lumines didn't prompt you to do it). This will erase your memory stick, so back-up that Lumines save file to your computer if you want to keep it. Go into system settings on the PSP, and format your memory stick there. Now, when you connect it to your PC, inside the PSP folder, there should also be folders for GAME, MUSIC, PHOTO, and SAVE. Put your pictures in the PHOTO folder. Keep in mind that they have to be .JPG (not .JPEG).

i have to creat the folders myself.
so i name them photo,music,save and game

so far the photo is working perfectly, i Copy and Paste a pic of me and it is in JPEG format and it worked, i did not have to change the file in to a JPG.

when i look at the pic on the PSP it says it is JPG, but i never changed it myself from JPEG to JPG.
i guess it does that automaticly

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Hey, I just noticed that when I turn on my PSP the menu screen is still lime green. I thought it was supposed to change colors today. What gives?

Check to make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Hey, I just noticed that when I turn on my PSP the menu screen is still lime green. I thought it was supposed to change colors today. What gives?

mine is PINK :)

Nerevar:

i am at work i dont have the manual with me:(

It has the correct date and time.

Right after I posted that my menu was still green I played a quick game of Lumines and when I quit I noticed that the menu is now pink. Weird. :/

Edit: Thanks Ignatz Mouse!

lets say i have a pic that i want to have as a background picture, how do i do that?

i looked everywhere in the menus but i cant find any settings for it..is it possible?

BuddyC

robertsan21 said:
lets say i have a pic that i want to have as a background picture, how do i do that?

i looked everywhere in the menus but i cant find any settings for it..is it possible?
no.

Nerevar said:
>:-(

What the hell are you doing playing your PSP at work? Get back to work sonny!

:lol :lol

yeah well my boss is playing with it at the moment :)

he is amazed by it, he told me he is going to get one for himself now :D

oh and thanks Buddy C

to bad it does not offer that, would be cool to have your own background

Sysgen

OMG my psp is fuckin pink. WTF! yea I know but still. Is this a SONY April fools thing? Can't wait to show everyone my PINK psp on Saturday.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Adding the non-user selectable color to the UI is in a way genius.

From those 12 colors there's going to be at least one that any given owner will not like. When that happens, It's easy to picture him/her thinking "ah damn, just two more weeks until my PSP is all great looking again". I think any manufacturer would love people thinking this way about their product, like it's a friend of theirs of sorts, with a bit of a quirky personally, and not just some simple object.

Then you'd have those that will 'cheat' and turn the calendar back to a certain month over and over again. But I think any single color will become boring eventually and they will give up on doing that :p

Marconelly said:
Adding the non-user selectable color to the UI is in a way genius.

From those 12 colors there's going to be at least one that any given owner will not like. When that happens, It's easy to picture him/her thinking "ah damn, just two more weeks until my PSP is all great looking again". I think any manufacturer would love people thinking this way about their product, like it's a friend of theirs of sorts, with a bit of a quirky personally, and not just some simple object.

Then you'd have those that will 'cheat' and turn the calendar back to a certain month over and over again. But I think any single color will become boring eventually and they will give up on doing that :p

yeah i agree with you on that, it is genius in a way.

i wish my PSP can stay pink, i love the color.
i have not seen the other colors yet though...maybe i should change month just to check them all out....na i leave it.

newsguy said:
LOL, I thought you were serious for a second. On a more serious note, the gay crowd is digging the PSP this month.

You don't actually have gay friends do you? :lol

If you did you'd know that Pink is not a gay color. Its a Paris Hilton color.

And she is the anti-gay that was prophesized.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
robertsan21 said:
i have not seen the other colors yet though...maybe i should change month just to check them all out....na i leave it.
Brown is the worst one. I otherwise like the color, just not as part of a user interface..

vatstep said:
Brown is the worst one. I otherwise like the color, just not as part of a user interface..
brown is the color of the thing you c.... oh well you know what i mean, i will keep my PSP PINK forever

Rhage

krypt0nian said:

And do you know that Pink has been a GIRL color since the dawn of time? It's not a Paris Hilton color, jebus christ.

Rhage said:
And do you know that Pink has been a GIRL color since the dawn of time? It's not a Paris Hilton color, jebus christ.

And do you know that being gay is not being feminine dumbass?

When did newsguy bring up girls? STFU.

Shompola

Banned
ok ok RR is probably my favorite game on PSP right now and my 2nd favorite game behind RE4 this year. RR is so damn good but my first impressions of it were kinda negative. And the music is pretty damn good aswell. I like disco ball most. Has anyone ripped the RR soundtrack yet and put it on a public website?

shpankey

not an idiot
Shompola said:
ok ok RR is probably my favorite game on PSP right now and my 2nd favorite game behind RE4 this year. RR is so damn good but my first impressions of it were kinda negative. And the music is pretty damn good aswell. I like disco ball most. Has anyone ripped the RR soundtrack yet and put it on a public website?
I agree. Ridge Racer on PSP is just insanely awesome! And like you said, other than Gamecube's masterpiece: Resident Evil 4, it's the best game so far this year IMO. Although to be fair I haven't played GoW yet, but it's on it's way from Gamefly. But no matter what, RR on PSP is definately one of the best arcade racers ever imo.

newsguy

krypt0nian said:

Hmm, I work with a large amount of gay men, and many of them wear pink (on television no less). Ties, shirts, you name it. They say it's "Salmon" though so you may be right :lol

Mrbob

I don't want to start a new thread, but for you tech heads I have a question about the power of the PSP.

The PSP is referred to as having the power of a PS2 in your hands, but is the system actually more powerful than a PS2 when fully utilized???

It has a faster processor (333 mhz vs 295 mhz), same amount of RAM, more hardware features than the PS2, and its max resolution is smaller. So would it be fair to say that in a couple years the PSP could be able to trump the best looking PS2 games of today (MGS3, God of War)???

Mrbob said:
I don't want to start a new thread, but for you tech heads I have a question about the power of the PSP.

The PSP is referred to as having the power of a PS2 in your hands, but is the system actually more powerful than a PS2 when fully utilized???

It has a faster processor (333 mhz vs 295 mhz), same amount of RAM, more hardware features than the PS2, and its max resolution is smaller. So would it be fair to say that in a couple years the PSP could be able to trump the best looking PS2 games of today (MGS3, God of War)???

Battery life will be a limitation though, same with disc access speeds.

Mrbob

Yes but shouldn't that all improve with time?

Better techniques, stronger batteries, etc.

The only part that worries me about the PSP is that developers can't stream games off the UMD right now. Then bigger games are going to have to be broken down into chunks and load each zone.

shpankey

not an idiot
Mrbob said:
Yes but shouldn't that all improve with time?

Better techniques, stronger batteries, etc.
i heard that they are coming out with a better battery soon that has about 30% more juice. so yeah, they will get better batteries. sony was smart to not make the battery not permanent in the system.

when those new batteries come out, i'm in for two of em. add those with the one i have now, and batteries won't be a prob for me.

Little help here:

Is Twisted Metal Head On a Co-op game? All other versions of it have had co-op, but I have a nasty feeling this one is only deathmatch.

Any way to play custom soundtracks during games? Since you can dl music into the PSP, it shouldn't be that hard to use those tracks for soundtracks, right? I don't think any launch titles have done it yet, but I'm not certain. But the potential is there, right?

Anyone put a DVD on their MSD yet? I think it'd be pretty awesome to have Aqua Teen Hunger Force episodes in my PSP. Think about it, the'yre only like 15 minutes long. It'd be perfect for a work lunchbreak. :D

Uno Ill Nino said:
Little help here:

Is Twisted Metal Head On a Co-op game? All other versions of it have had co-op, but I have a nasty feeling this one is only deathmatch.

Any way to play custom soundtracks during games? Since you can dl music into the PSP, it shouldn't be that hard to use those tracks for soundtracks, right? I don't think any launch titles have done it yet, but I'm not certain. But the potential is there, right?

Anyone put a DVD on their MSD yet? I think it'd be pretty awesome to have Aqua Teen Hunger Force episodes in my PSP. Think about it, the'yre only like 15 minutes long. It'd be perfect for a work lunchbreak. :D

Not sure about co-op in ad-hoc mode, but it does have co-op online. yes, co-op online, and it's awesome.

Shompola

Banned
Hmm after a race was over in RR and it loaded back to the menu screen the UMD drive started to make fast weird tick tick tick noises for a brief moment to the point that the entire PSP was shaking in my hands.. It loaded just fine to the menu screen though and I tried another race afterwards without any problems. This happened to anyone before?

Shompola said:
Hmm after a race was over in RR and it loaded back to the menu screen the UMD drive started to make fast weird tick tick tick noises for a brief moment to the point that the entire PSP was shaking in my hands.. It loaded just fine to the menu screen though and I tried another race afterwards without any problems. This happened to anyone before?

It was the activation of the secret rumble feature, Sony has it disabled right now cause of battery life concerns.

Shompola

Banned
hehe maybe.

Maybe the UMD was misaligned or something and the laser had a hard time reading hense tick tick tick grinding sound... ohh well played another 1h of RR and no problem.

Top Bottom