• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

Toots

Gold Member

I want to see a documentary about the real estate agent working this street !

Not sure why they don't shoot this guy on sight?
Because he was blasting guns n roses and not nwa

French dudes, the one holding the camera says "What are you doing here ? You're lost ?" second answers "you can grind on here", first one "Easy" then some crap i don't get (something about beinig ready to film i think), camera guy says "Whenever" then skateboard guy counts to three but not in french and drops.

What is interesting is that he drops from the Viaduc de Millau, a record breaking marvel a technology :

- A mega structure bridge constructed several hundred meters above ground, without any life loss throughout the 3 years construction period (First stone laid on: 14 December 2001, Official inauguration on: 14 December 2004).
- The highest pylons in the world: pylons P2 and P3, 244.96 metres (803 ft 8 in) and 221.05 metres (725 ft 3 in) in height respectively, broke the French record previously held by the Tulle and Verrières viaducts (141 metres or 463 feet), and the world record previously held by the Kochertal Viaduct (Germany), which is 181 metres (594 ft) at its highest;
- The highest bridge tower in the world: the mast atop pylon P2 peaks at 336.4 metres (1,104 ft);
- The highest road bridge deck in Europe, 270 metres (890 ft) above the Tarn at its highest point; it is nearly twice as tall as the previous tallest vehicular bridges in Europe, the Europabrücke in Austria and the Italia Viaduct in Italy.

Look a this beauty :messenger_smiling_hearts:
ViaducdeMillau.jpg

To me, I think it's what our minds would perceive visual information as if we didn't have a social framework.

I think we can look at a piano in the corner of a room and see them as distinct features because we've been taught a mental construct of what is a "piano", a "room" and its "corner". Without constructs, we might perceive them all as fluid without distinction.

AI seems to represent visuals like that, the difference being that it's doing it with multiple pianos, multiple corners, multiple rooms.
I'm a bit drunk and not quite intelligent enough to explain this properly at the best of times but.. when you look into how we perceive the world around us a lot of it is learning that Piano, Room and Corner are distinct things. Without that knowledge it's all just waves and a jumble of information fed into our minds through our eyes.

For a more informative and sober account of this, please refer to The Brain with David Eagleman.

Top Bottom