• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

This must have been on 360? I was on Xbox Live and used voice chat in every game on the original Xbox back in 2002-2004 and I don’t recall any negative interactions. It was so amazing that every online game just had voice chat seemingly by default. And people were fun and nice.

It certainly made PS2 with its patchy broadband support look archaic. That and Xbox’s native surround sound for every game compared to PS2 maybe having Dolby Pro Logic in cutscenes.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
This must have been on 360? I was on Xbox Live and used voice chat in every game on the original Xbox back in 2002-2004 and I don’t recall any negative interactions. It was so amazing that every online game just had voice chat seemingly by default. And people were fun and nice.

It certainly made PS2 with its patchy broadband support look archaic. That and Xbox’s native surround sound for every game compared to PS2 maybe having Dolby Pro Logic in cutscenes.
360 was a violent place.

The OG Xbox was such a good experience. Much like the Internet. When it went broader than need culture it became toxic and so much worse.

I actually didn't even mind the 'toxicity' on pc because it was more in game chat and some of those burns were hilarious.

T-0800

Ill Allow It GIF

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

True story: 2009, maybe early 2010. My best friend came to visit. He brought his Xbox 360 for some reason. He's a huge gamer.

Anyway, middle of the night I wake up and can't sleep. Decide to hook up his 360 and connect it to the internet. At the time I only had a Gamecube, so no online play that I was aware of.

I fire up some CoD or other FPS, can't recall. I connect to a game, put on a mic, and say hello. The very first thing anyone says to me is "good evening you faggot". Followed by a stream of other people also questioning my manhood.

Xbox Live! in a nutshell.

Kamina

Golden Boy
True story: 2009, maybe early 2010. My best friend came to visit. He brought his Xbox 360 for some reason. He's a huge gamer.

Anyway, middle of the night I wake up and can't sleep. Decide to hook up his 360 and connect it to the internet. At the time I only had a Gamecube, so no online play that I was aware of.

I fire up some CoD or other FPS, can't recall. I connect to a game, put on a mic, and say hello. The very first thing anyone says to me is "good evening you faggot". Followed by a stream of other people also questioning my manhood.

Xbox Live! in a nutshell.
And you should have replied with something like “i see this is the gay-lobby i was looking for” or something like that

Toots

Gold Member
Is it a class, if so for what?
That's exactly what the dude posting it on twitter asks :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It's obviously a class to learn how to fuck for women so insecure and devoid of life essence that fucking doesn't come naturally for them (they might be the only animals on earth having this problem...)

That's exactly what the dude posting it on twitter asks :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It's obviously a class to learn how to fuck for women so insecure and devoid of life essence that fucking doesn't come naturally for them (they might be the only animals on earth having this problem...)
Most women do. You should try meeting them. :D

Top Bottom