• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

Jake

Zero replayability? I will replay this at least once to check out different choices.

On the episode: loved it, though I don't know about me ending yet..
My favourite character Vince didn't go to the camp and if that is important for season 2, I need him there!

The goal isn't to get everyone to come with you. I mean... if that's the goal you want for yourself, and you want to play through a couple times to optimize for that, then good on you, but the game isn't going to declare you a winner or a loser for doing it. As far as "the point," we aren't saying what the point is, beyond "your choices told an interesting story," but your playthrough of season two isn't going to be objectively better or worse depending on what happens at the end of your playthrough, it will just be different.* This isn't "what the secret is" or something (I am literally just making this up as I write right now as an example to use) but just
consider that within the confines of 400 Days you don't have any metrics by which to judge if going with Tavia is a good idea or not, other than you're playing as her for a minute.

* Remember, this is the Walking Dead game we're talking about here...

Setre

Spoilers for the end of the DLC.

Everyone but Russel decided to go with Tavia. Which makes sense considering what Rus went through.

Spoilers for Shel's chapter:

What did everyone do with the guy who snuck into their camp? I killed him, to risky to let him leave. Also decided to go through with killing Stephanie as well, gotta stick to your guns.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You have to play it tonight fellow GAFfer! I'm always interested in more impressions.
As much as I'd love to, I can't. I promised a couple of coworkers that I'd play L4D2 with them tonight, sorry :/

And this is a game that I want to dedicate to exclusively, and give it the attention it deserves. So I'd rather wait another night, when I'm sure I will be able to experience it properly. I'll make sure of posting my impressions here!

CoolS

The goal isn't to get everyone to come with you. I mean... if that's the goal you want for yourself, and you want to play through a couple times to optimize for that, then good on you, but the game isn't going to declare you a winner or a loser for doing it. As far as "the point," we aren't saying what the point is, beyond "your choices told an interesting story," but your playthrough of season two isn't going to be objectively better or worse depending on what happens at the end of your playthrough, it will just be different.* This isn't "what the secret is" or something (I am literally just making this up as I write right now as an example to use) but just
consider that within the confines of 400 Days you don't have any metrics by which to judge if going with Tavia is a good idea or not, other than you're playing as her for a minute.

Thank you for saying that. I'm still going to reply it but I'll use this first savegame for season 2 now!

Oh and I just realized:
We didn't find out what's in the fucking bag, did we?

Also, why did the guys from the gas station hunt Bonnie, Leland and Dee? Edit: Ah Dee probably broke in and stole stuff from them.

Pancho

Qurupancho
So that's it? We don't get to know
how all 5 of them end up together?
Unless I'm missing something?

Kerub

Banned
Ugh, the game messed up my save file again. Can't be bothered to replay it since there's not much fun when you know what's going to happen (I want to stick my decisions). I'll just give up on this series for now until there's a fix for this crap.

CoolS

So that's it? We don't get to know
how all 5 of them end up together?
Unless I'm missing something?

No we don't.
There's about 100 days missing if I remember right though, so it's safe to assume everyone met at the gas station one way or another in the end.

Just finished it there, really enjoyed it Walking Dead was one of my favourite games of last year can't wait for season 2

End spoiler,
Only got Bonnie to go with me in the end

Pancho

Qurupancho
No we don't.
There's about 100 days missing if I remember right though, so it's safe to assume everyone met at the gas station one way or another in the end.
Well that's lame :/ I know it's DLC, but it felt like introductions more than anything, a 2nd part of each story would've been nice.

Kerub

Banned
Ugh, the game messed up my save file again. Can't be bothered to replay it since there's not much fun when you know what's going to happen (I want to stick my decisions). I'll just give up on this series for now until there's a fix for this crap.

Huh, suprisingly I found a quick and effective fix. If anybody has this problem too, here's how to solve it;

Copy the file prefs.prop from My documents/Telltale games/The walking dead to Steam/steamapps/common/the walking dead/pack/default

Anyone who bought it off the telltale store have any luck downloading the episode? Mine gets stuck at 0%.

I don't think I've ever had as much trouble with a game as I have had with Walking Dead.

Finished it. Had to start clean on PC, since I played on 360 before all this.

Vince, Danny and Russell stayed behind, for me, though I don't really know why. I had Danny get burned when he went along with Nate (ditched him at the end, though), and Danny got burned when that other guy drove off while I was trying to save the guy hit by the car. I don't really know why Vince was against it, though.

Thank you for saying that. I'm still going to reply it but I'll use this first savegame for season 2 now!

Oh and I just realized:
We didn't find out what's in the fucking bag, did we?

Also, why did the guys from the gas station hunt Bonnie, Leland and Dee? Edit: Ah Dee probably broke in and stole stuff from them.

Yup, I figured
that biker guy was referring to Dee breaking in and stealing supplies when he was talking about "the last time it happened".

Have to say, I enjoyed it. I'm gonna go through the entire full game again now that I have it on PC, see if there's any real impact. I hope I don't fucking run into that save bug.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, am I to believe (spoiler for Bonnie's chapter)
that Dee would have killed me if I hadn't hit her? Because if you fail that sequence you die. I don't feel like it makes much sense, though, considering how the sequence plays out when you kill her.

_Ryo_

. However, if you’d like to buy or if you have already purchased Walking Dead Season One from the Telltale Online Store, 400 Days is included as a thank you for your purchase.

Is this relevant to the telltale bundle that was up a few weeks ago? Either way, I plan to get it.

FluxWaveZ

So, am I to believe (spoiler for Bonnie's chapter)
that Dee would have killed me if I hadn't hit her? Because if you fail that sequence you die. I don't feel like it makes much sense, though, considering how the sequence plays out when you kill her.

That was indeed a pretty stupid fail state, unless what you implied was what was actually going to happen (which, I guess, makes a bit of sense).

Kyonashi

So I just finished it, and like most people I
didn't hit Dee with the rebar straight away and died.
Interesting if it was just a way of keeping you on a path or if they literally meant the consequence would happen.

My end game was
Vince and Bonnie left the camp. I'm torn because I want to see both Vince and Shel in Season Two, but I feel like I should stick with my first round of choices.

So I just finished it, and like most people I
didn't hit Dee with the rebar straight away and died.
Interesting if it was just a way of keeping you on a path or if they literally meant the consequence would happen.

My end game was
Vince and Bonnie left the camp. I'm torn because I want to see both Vince and Shel in Season Two, but I feel like I should stick with my first round of choices.

What choices did you make in
Vince's story
?

So I just finished this on PS3 a few hours ago. I liked it for what it was, though I will admit I wish there was a bit more to the epilogue. There's not much else I can say about it other than it was enjoyable.

My ending spoilers:
Vince, Shel, and Becca stayed at the camp while the others went with Tavia. I was honestly surprised that they split up and I'm kinda glad the story went that way. I'm assuming the choices in each character's vignette influenced the final decision.

Side note, me and a friend might have encountered a weird Stats bug on PS3. Our screens both had 50% for every choice -- even though he finished yesterday and I just a while ago. Disappointed with that, but it's not a dealbreaker.

I've got monies sitting in my PSN account, and I've got the holiday off from work tomorrow. Probably not going to be able to resist buying this.

Does it play just like the original game?

Erudite

Gah, for me (end DLC spoilers)
everyone but Shel left the camp... Really hope I still get to see her in season 2, her story was my favorite out of the 5.

Roto13

You'd think that people who played Season 1 would know this isn't a game you "win"

As my ending I got
Everyone but Vince and Russell, hopefully they still play a part in Season 2 as I quite liked all the characters.

Up to date comic and 400 Days ending spoiler:
I've got to wonder if Telltale are moving the storyline up to run parallel to the current comic arc and the camp Tavia is from is actually Hilltop (or even better, The Kingdom since Ezekiel is the best character in the books by far) rather than Woodsbury? Would be interesting if you got scenes from the comic with Rick mounting his army against Negan happening in the background to the game story.

I quite liked both the small dip back into the universe between seasons as a teaser of sorts and the split narrative that dips into each other. While for Season 2 I would prefer a single character story, I do hope we see more like this, maybe between Season 2 and 3, or even side stories during the seasons.

L00P

Just finished it. I just want season 2 in my hands already!

Gah, for me (end DLC spoilers)
everyone but Shel left the camp... Really hope I still get to see her in season 2, her story was my favorite out of the 5.
Same thing happened in my game

Baleoce

My story (took about 1 hour in total)

Vince:
Shot the rapist, ran off with the money launderer

Wyatt:
Left dude behind and drove off in the car, not sure how many other ways that could have gone. I also won the rock paper scissors match by choosing rock every time lulz

Shel:
Refused to kill her, drove off in the car

Russel:
Told the guy to go fuck himself, left

Bonnie:
Was honest. Lol I wonder what happened to him, didn't notice him at the end

As for the final group:
They all joined the woman apart from Russel

I'm kind of annoyed though, I uninstalled and had to reinstall it for this, and apparently that means it didn't remember any of my stuff that it could have used to change my experience in 400 days and eventually Season 2.

My story (took about 1 hour in total)

Vince:
Shot the rapist, ran off with the money launderer

Wyatt:
Left dude behind and drove off in the car, not sure how many other ways that could have gone. I also won the rock paper scissors match by choosing rock every time lulz

Shel:
Refused to kill her, drove off in the car

Russel:
Told the guy to go fuck himself, left

Bonnie:
Was honest. Lol I wonder what happened to him, didn't notice him at the end

As for the final group:
They all joined the woman apart from Russel

I'm kind of annoyed though, I uninstalled and had to reinstall it for this, and apparently that means it didn't remember any of my stuff that it could have used to change my experience in 400 days and eventually Season 2.

Hah, my story played out exactly the same as this. DLC was a little short but worth it. Can't wait for season 2.

JustinBB7

Man this was some good shit, I failed at rock paper scissors so I have to replay it to get 100%. Can I just replay that chapter without fucking up anything else?

abrack08

My results:

Wyatt:
Lost Rock, Paper, Scissors, got out of the car. Tried to rescue the cop, got swarmed by Walkers, saw the truck approaching, bolted

Shel:
Let the guy go back to his camp, decided not to kill Stephanie

Russell:
Didn't hide from the truck, refused to hurt the old people, told Nate to fuck himself

Bonnie:
Told the truth, kept saying "I'm sorry" and "It was an accident"

Vince:
Was honest about what I did and not a dick. Ended up shooting the possible rapist. I mean, I liked his character more, and kinda hope he was innocent, but if he's not I couldn't really justify keeping a rapist with me instead of a guy who stole a bunch of money

Epilogue:
Wyatt and Russell stayed at the camp, Shel/Becca, Bonnie, and Vince left with the lady.

I really liked this DLC. I got to know the characters enough, there were some actual tough decisions and I already care about what happens to them (though not as much as my S1 crew obviously). I wish there were more and can't wait for S2 now, I suppose that was the whole point to begin with!

Shot the statutory rape dude's foot. Made off with the money laundering guy. What other choices were there?

I dunno, I suppose
the game might count stuff like the way you reacted to the murder, if you lied about your crime or not, stuff like that. I'm not sure, though. I shot the white collar criminal in the foot and ran off, and Russel made a remark at the end referring to the rapist. Maybe that had something to do with Vince not trusting people.

My results:

I pretty much made the exact same decisions, save for
shooting the possible rapist. I liked his character more, too, and that fraud came off as a guy that really wasn't trustworthy at all.

Kyonashi

I dunno, I suppose
the game might count stuff like the way you reacted to the murder, if you lied about your crime or not, stuff like that. I'm not sure, though. I shot the white collar criminal in the foot and ran off, and Russel made a remark at the end referring to the rapist. Maybe that had something to do with Vince not trusting people.

I was fairly non-committal in my choices, said I was helping out my brother.

Kyonashi

One thing I did realise, having played Season One after all five eps were out, it's gonna be a bitch waiting for each ep of S2...

Monsieur

Banned
I thought they would at least update there graphics engine since we are approaching next gen. As much as I enjoy the story, i would like for them to take advantage of there strong sales by improving all the bugs and maybe even creating a new engine.

Baleoce

I thought they would at least update there graphics engine since we are approaching next gen. As much as I enjoy the story, i would like for them to take advantage of there strong sales by improving all the bugs and maybe even creating a new engine.

I don't really have much of a problem with the engine. The bugs do need ironing out though. I'd prefer they re-use assets and use the extra resources to focus on story/characters/decent voices.

JustinBB7

Man I just have tons more questions after finishing this. I really wonder how this will impact Season 2.

I really miss the Season 1 crew though, I wonder if telltale can make me feel the same way about this group. They're off to a good start but will it reach lee/clem level? I doubt it honestly. Just makes me think of how good S1 was...even though this DLC was excellent.

Just finished it, took about an hour and fifteen minutes or so.

I enjoyed it, it's a nice little setup for Season 2 (which I guess will be later this year?). Telltale really knows how to give you a lot of shitty, dirty decisions to make.

I found it interesting that at the end the only person who didn't follow me was
Shel, and she had the longest chapter.
Makes me wonder how that'll factor into Season 2.

halfbeast

Banned
I was afraid the writing will suffer, considering this is more or less a quick cash grab. but it's good! I liked they went with multiple short stories. there wasn't much gameplay though, but then again I take story over button mashing anyway.

unfortunately, it glitched out, because my first episode of season 1 was a ps plus deal and apparently the game didn't acknowledge it as a full purchase. so, every time I died in 400 days I had to redo ALL the stories. thankfully, they offer episode 1 for free on the store, which fixed that. but had to replay some stories 2-3 times till I figured out the problem.

so, make sure you really got the full version (at least of episode 1) before playing this!

haha, my fucking save doesn't work. Great.

Someone spoil for me what decisions carry over and how because if it's insignificant I'll just start right now.

The_Monk

As much as I'd love to, I can't. I promised a couple of coworkers that I'd play L4D2 with them tonight, sorry :/

And this is a game that I want to dedicate to exclusively, and give it the attention it deserves. So I'd rather wait another night, when I'm sure I will be able to experience it properly. I'll make sure of posting my impressions here!

Fair enough fellow GAFfer. When I played the other 5 Episodes it was all I was playing at the time. When/if I get this one, same will happen!

Panda Rin

ughh, 47 of 48 achievements. That's really bothering me. Just need to go back and win RPS.

Vince: Killed the money laundering dude. I felt like the supposed child molester was telling the truth.

Wyatt: Ended up having to go outside and I tried to drag the body back

Shel: Let the dude go, and ran off on the RV

Russell: Left Nate at the end

Bonnie: Told Leland the truth.

Bonnie and Shel decided to go. This got me hyped for Season 2. I didn't care much for Wyatt or Russell. Bonnie and Shel are the two I wanted to go. Kind of wished Vince would have gone as well. Would really like to see why he shot that guy.

Top Bottom