• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The WaterField Case for Nintendo Switch - Production Updates

maks

still no shots of it being work like a messenger bag?

really want to see if this thing looks too feminine when worn

Maybe no one here bought those straps. If you check the previous page you can see that i emailed Waterfield asking for comparison pics of the pouch to cityslicker. They sent me pics within a couple hours. Try messaging them.

Glassboy

still no shots of it being work like a messenger bag?

really want to see if this thing looks too feminine when worn
Send me your email and I can give you a few pics of the blue city slicker with a heavy strap. I'm not sure how to do images on here ha ha

Kovacs

Just ordered the waxed canvas pouch. Size wise it's just what I was looking for and I wasn't too keen on the leather Cityslicker cases although I did like the design. That said I did pause at the checkout for a good 15 minutes internally debating the $29 shipping fee.

In end, I figured that this thing will probably last years and is such a good match style wise for my Millican canvas bag that I just said sod it and in a couple of months I'll have forgotten about the cost. Now I have to cross my fingers and hope it makes it across the pond before I go away over Easter when it will really come in handy.

Unless I'm mistaken the Switch case doesn't include space for the wall charger. That makes these really crap, at least for me. But maybe I overlooked something?

j-wood

I assume you bought the padded gear puch for your Switch. Could you take a couple pictures and post them here?

Negative, I actually bought the pouch for the vita awhile back.

I will say, it would easily fit the switch without the joycons attached, and then you could put those in another pocket. I'll try it out and let you know.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Got the waxed canvas pouch the other day, but just got home from the airport. Like always, the build quality and materials are fantastic. Really great, especially for $50. Literally no reason to buy any other case that's $30 or more, IMO.

That said, it's a little... big. I feel like it could be a solid inch shorter in width, and at least half an inch in height. The Switch wiggles around a fair bit inside. I'm not worried at all - it's secure and safe. But I liked this because it kept a small footprint; so I'm not a huge fan of the wasted space and it needing more room in my messenger bag.

ajim

Just got my Switch Pouch in today! Wow, shipping was fast. And this thing is amazing, well with the money!
Wow it's beautiful. I want the black one I think but need to see photos of it from others like yourself.

I don't even have a switch yet but man I want the case moreso haha

CorianderV

Neo Member
A couple of people in this thread have mentioned owning the Muzetto messenger bag. I've already got a Cityslicker case on the way, and am considering ordering either a medium or large Muzetto as well. Does the Cityslicker fit easily inside the Muzetto? Thanks in advance.

Hindl

Unless I'm mistaken the Switch case doesn't include space for the wall charger. That makes these really crap, at least for me. But maybe I overlooked something?

Anyone who has the CitySlicker case that can talk about this? Does the wall charger fit in the back pocket? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger but I'd like to be able to carry the wall charger around

Lexxism

See for yourself.

WZag970.jpg

Anyone who has the CitySlicker case that can talk about this? Does the wall charger fit in the back pocket? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger but I'd like to be able to carry the wall charger around

Owensboro

I just want to make sure before I buy. To those who got their city slicker, the power adapter definitely fits on the back pocket?

That pouch looks a lot roomier than I thought. Can you also fit two extra Joy-Cons in that thing along with the power brick? Would that stretch out the mesh too much or make the pouch a "too weird" shape?

God, am I really almost about to spend another $80 on this stupid console?!?
....YES!

Black CitySlicker with the Nintendo charger:

32783899664_64eb8f484c.jpg

33470116102_c882a16b49.jpg

Inside with Switch, JoyCons, JoyCon straps (in plastic) and the Pro controller USB C cable in the back pouch:

33585850986_41635defb8.jpg

The charger fits, but I think it's awkward. I normally just keep the Pro controller cable in there. I haven't used the cartridge sleeves yet, but otherwise everything fits in great. The lack of a carry handle bothers me so I connected the optional wrist loop to both sides.

I'm still waiting for my Switch Pouch to ship, which was supposed to be today. Did any of you who have already received their pouches get a shipping email from WaterField.

SiDCrAzY

I'm still waiting for my Switch Pouch to ship, which was supposed to be today. Did any of you who have already received their pouches get a shipping email from WaterField.

I got one for my City Slicker, I also got a Out for Delivery email and a Delivery Confirmation email from them.

Lexxism

That pouch looks a lot roomier than I thought. Can you also fit two extra Joy-Cons in that thing along with the power brick? Would that stretch out the mesh too much or make the pouch a "too weird" shape?

God, am I really almost about to spend another $80 on this stupid console?!?
....YES!
I remember watching a video regarding this case where he placed the extra 2 joycons inside the main pocket. There are two small pockets on it and it was placed at the back of switch. I'll try to look for the video.

Edit: Found it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YmFqSJsElR8

Mbrill82

I'm hoping I can find a nice high quality USB-C charger with a small form factor to better fit in my Waterfield case I have coming. Any ideas? I want a charger thats capable of charging the Switch while I play. Theres a few well reviewed ones on Amazon.

I'm gonna get a Samsung S8 as soon as it releases, I'm hoping that has a charger that meets my needs, that would be a nice bonus.

Lexxism

I'm hoping I can find a nice high quality USB-C charger with a small form factor to better fit in my Waterfield case I have coming. Any ideas? I want a charger thats capable of charging the Switch while I play. Theres a few well reviewed ones on Amazon.

I'm gonna get a Samsung S8 as soon as it releases, I'm hoping that has a charger that meets my needs, that would be a nice bonus.
Are you talking about power bank? It says on their product info that anker power core+ will fit at the back pocket.

maks

Sold my Zelda SE case and bought a Switch Pouch. Tough decision between pouch and cityslicker. I figure i will mostly keep it protected inside other bags so i should keep it in as slim a profile as possible.

Voror

Huh finally sprung for the City Slicker a d got a notice it was on its way but when I check tracking it's been in pre-shipment since the 21st. Is that weird at all?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I took some pictures of my cowboy brown leather switch case, including packaging, so others know exactly what to expect. I opted for the basic $2 USPS shipping. The pouch seems to be exactly what I was expecting.

ZFq9PfQ.jpg

N7Jvvo5.jpg

nmZBj74.jpg

3EzXzti.jpg

ZEO9Egi.jpg

nnvMiG8.jpg

P3N2yTj.jpg

ajim

I took some pictures of my cowboy brown leather switch case, including packaging, so others know exactly what to expect. I opted for the basic $2 USPS shipping. The pouch seems to be exactly what I was expecting.

ZFq9PfQ.jpg

N7Jvvo5.jpg

nmZBj74.jpg

3EzXzti.jpg

ZEO9Egi.jpg

nnvMiG8.jpg

P3N2yTj.jpg

Beautiful thanks.

Does anyone have any pics of their own ones too to share? I dont know which colour to choose :(

j-wood

Got my red cityslicker in last night.

Man this thing is great. No regrets.

My only issue is that I feel like i'm stretching things too tight by putting the powerbrick in the back pocket. I mean it fits but I reallllly have to stretch to get that zipper to close.

Dimentios

I could use something like shipito.com to redirect it, but I would only save a couple bucks.
Damn, dunno what I should do. I really want that thing. So sexy.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
This thread makes me actually want a muzetto instead 😂 But shipping and customs to U.K. Is pretty nuts. Do you guys know of any similar quality bags/satchels? DM me if it's too off topic!

I like the pouch but again too expensive for something that doesn't look like it'll protect my switch better than the hori hardcase.

8ZX3Swa.jpg

490Q4Pk.jpg

i finally got to take pictures. wow. sorry for the terrible lighting in the pictures

what's nice is that now i can fit in the joycon wrist-straps. i also like the magnetic buttons that close the case.

i also like how this thing smells like Louis Vuitton

chronomac

I ordered a Switch Pouch (in the waxed canvas) a couple weeks ago, just in time for some travel (which I'm still doing). I liked it quite a bit. Kinda wish the side pocket was a touch bigger but I love the fabric inside and it looks fantastic.

Unfortunately for me, my girlfriend surprised me last week by buying me a Cityslicker for our anniversary. She didn't know about the Pouch when she got it and I'd rather keep the Cityslicker, for a couple obvious reasons. Instead of just sending the Pouch back to SF I'd like to sell it to someone here, for a discount. Anyone want it? I'll give you free shipping and a $5 discount (so $45 instead of $50). PayPal preferred.

If this is frowned upon I'll take it to the BST thread but I thought it'd be more appropriate here.

I finally received my Switch pouch yesterday and, holy shit, I love it. Perfect size for casual travel like weekend trips an long car rides. I'm now tempted to order the City Slicker down the line...

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I ordered on the 19th of March and got my order delivered today. They even upgraded my shipping from first class to priority mail. Cityslickers in black for my New 3DS and Switch. With the switch version, It fits earbuds, small microfiber cloth, usb-c cable and a Jackery Titan S.

Kovacs

Two questions:
Did anyone else order before a next production cut-off but not be included in that run?
Anyone had one delivered to the UK and what was the shipping time like?

When I ordered my pouch on 21/3 the site said order now for the 31/3 run. But they site is now saying that the 31/3 run is all shipped and my order is still at the original 'we've received your order' status. I'm hoping then that I'll be in the 7/4 run, but I'm away from next Wednesday for a week so may still not see it for some time.

trebbble

Just ordered mine today. I was really happy with my 3DS version after a couple of years of use, so I expect even better from this one!

GeoMantle

Neo Member
Got mine in the first shipment but have barely used it. I just never take my Switch out of the dock and never plan to. It's a home console only for me really. If anyone's interested, send me a PM. I got the Grizzly Leather color and one of the black straps. $80 shipped in continental USA. Thx!

My waxed canvas pouch just shipped today. Can't wait for it to arrive! Great company, too. Really personal communication and I love that they're made in the US.

seady

The texture in the Grizzly Leather seems to be different from the other color? I like it looks to have a rougher texture to it. While the others seem to be smooth leather?

Look at this bad boy.

Got it today from my girlfriend to our anniversary. From San Francisco to Germany. What an amazing high quality premium case.

B28M0ky.jpg

YuOw5St.jpg

embGwyx.jpg

xIEI0Af.jpg

K2RmHRz.jpg

ElNino

Look at this bad boy.

Got it today from my girlfriend to our anniversary. From San Francisco to Germany. What an amazing high quality premium case.
Looks very similar to the Vita case I have from them, which has been a very high quality case. Mine is still in perfect shape, despite being handled by my kids over the last few years.

When I pickup a Switch, I'll definitely pickup one of these as well.

Top Bottom