• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The WaterField Case for Nintendo Switch - Production Updates

brau

Mine came in today. It's really nice and the leather feels amazing. And the Switch fits along with the joycons as well with just enough room for the analog sticks if people were worried about that.
image.jpg

It was worth the price, it just oozes well made quality.
Also got my tempered glass screen protectors and the application went smoothly.
If anybody wants more pics of the inside and what not, I'll take some and post them in this thread after work tonight.

I have this same color ready for checkout. I think i'll go through with it and get it, since it won't send until next month anyways. What tempered glass did you get?

Meffer

I have this same color ready for checkout. I think i'll go through with it and get it, since it won't send until next month anyways. What tempered glass did you get?
amFilm Tempered Glass. It's really good and the installation is the easiest out of all the screen protectors I've seen.

CazTGG

Cancelled my PDP case pre-order and got a Grizzly variation of the Cityslicker with a leather shoulder strap since Amazon seems to be unable to get the one I planned on getting.

Awesome to see them really going all in on the Switch. The quality of all their bags is amazing - I love their stuff.

For people balking at the price, well... you have to consider that it is handmade here in the US. Also, they really stand behind their warranty (I had a bag replaced by them YEARS after I bought it).

I'm going to get a CitySlicker at some point, but the pouch looks awesome too.

Does anybody know if the Padded Gear Pouch can fit the Switch with Joycons attached?

No way from the looks of it. It's not wide enough.

Yes, it does. Take a look at the video.

No way from the looks of it. It's not wide enough.
I sent them an Email and their response was as follows:

"Hi Christian,

Thanks for checking in. The Switch with Joycons but it’s a snug fit. When inserting you need to do so at a hard angle, once you do it once or twice you get the hang of it.

Anything else we can do for you, just let me know."

So this basically gives you a 4th option to chose from.

Kudo

These look really nice, definitely would get the Pro Case if it were inside my budget.
That Blue Cityslicker too..

Looking forward to more pictures.

This isn't NEARLY as big as it's being made out to be. It's about the same length as one of those cheap PDP cases and only sightly(and I mean sightly) thicker. I bought one of the crap cases to hold me over, and this is a trillion times better. It should be, given the price, but the whole purse talk as if it's some huge piece of luggage is bullshit, unless all of the other cheap switch cases are bullshit as well. Comparison pic to show thickness, as it's already pretty much the same length.

Excuse the shitty pic (camera is busted) and dirty table.

bobawesome

Mine came in today. It's really nice and the leather feels amazing. And the Switch fits along with the joycons as well with just enough room for the analog sticks if people were worried about that.
image.jpg

It was worth the price, it just oozes well made quality.
Also got my tempered glass screen protectors and the application went smoothly.
If anybody wants more pics of the inside and what not, I'll take some and post them in this thread after work tonight.

This isn't NEARLY as big as it's being made out to be. It's about the same length as one of those cheap PDP cases and only sightly(and I mean sightly) thicker. I bought one of the crap cases to hold me over, and this is a trillion times better. It should be, given the price, but the whole purse talk as if it's some huge piece of luggage is bullshit, unless all of the other cheap switch cases are bullshit as well. Comparison pic to show thickness, as it's already pretty much the same length.

Excuse the shitty pic (camera is busted) and dirty table.

I should return my Hori hard pouch and get a WaterField case.

I-Should-Buy-A-Boat-Cat.jpg

Lexxism

I just want to make sure before I buy. To those who got their city slicker, the power adapter definitely fits on the back pocket?

I received my City Slicker case on Monday. The case looks great and has a nice feel. The case is bigger then I expected for a case that was originally pitched as the minimalist design. It would fit easily in a backpack but would be a tight fit in my laptop bag. It is understandable that it is so big due to the padding and the desire to give the joycons room to breathe.

When sliding the Switch into the case, it has a snug fit, but not one that felt like it was exerting pressure on the Switch. I also really like that it sits deeply in the padded area of the case. When I closed the flap, the Switch top was the only thing visible. The magnets are a great touch for a closing mechanism. I don't like putting my electronics by zippers. The magnets create a nice seal.

The case does have plenty of room for other accessories but I doubt I will pack much in the case besides some games and headphones. I don't want anything to press up against the Switch.

Lastly, my overall experience with Waterfield was a mixed experience. The product is great but the customer service was poor. I needed to change my shipping address and I contacted them twice about it and they never fixed it. Each time customer support promised me the change would be made. It ended up shipping to the old address which required me to go out of my way to pick it up.

SiDCrAzY

My case just shipped!

It wasn't scheduled until the April 7th run, so glad I'm getting it early. My Switch has been unprotected for too long.

Weils

Neo Member
Received my Switch Cityslicker case yesterday in Tardis Blue. Got to say it's a huge improvement over the 3DS XL case I got together with it, those magnets for securing the case doesn't exert too much pressure on the console. I still love them both though. :) Both feel equally premium. I'm also glad Waterfield releases the real minimalist pouch for more choices. And finally my Switch, games and accessories will arrive today! Yay!

I'm so torn...my $15 PDP case is kind of ass, but I'd spend 1/3 of the system cost for the Waterfield case that I'd want.

Everything that Waterfield makes is above and beyond in quality. I don't know if that matters but the 3ds case and vita case I have seen first hand and messed with and they are completely worth it. At the end of the day you are paying for something that is actually going to outlast the hardware you bought it for.

maks

The dimensions for the pouch and cityslicker are the same. Maybe theyre not that different in size afterall. Is that right?

Switch Pouch: 10.5" Length x "1.5" Width x 5" Height; 7.5 oz.

Switch CitySlicker: 10.5" Length x "1.5" Width x 5" Height; 7.5 oz.

I would like something less bulky than the Zelda SE case i currently have. Anyone happen to have comparison pics of the Zelda case to the Cityslicker?

chronomac

Ordered a waxed canvas pouch this morning. One of their customer service reps told me, via chat, that the first production run was ending today so they could get them out next week. So order one soon if you want it around the 24th.

I got the grizzly-brown CitySlicker. It looks just like the pictures and video, but with a differently patterned distress of course.

maks

I reached out to waterfield and they sent me some helpful comparison shots of the Pouch to the Cityslicker. I'm hoping to slide it into my laptop bag a couple times a week. It seems like the pouch works best for me.

D6AMIA6N

I ordered the padded gear pouch in waxed canvas today after assurances from WaterField that the Switch will fit. I don't intend to carry my Switch around often, so I went with something with a wider application. I'll let you guys know as soon as it arrives! Thanks all for the recommendations on WaterField!

I ordered the padded gear pouch in waxed canvas today after assurances from WaterField that the Switch will fit. I don't intend to carry my Switch around often, so I went with something with a wider application. I'll let you guys know as soon as it arrives! Thanks all for the recommendations on WaterField!

Please post pictures once you have it on hand. I like the look a lot more than the new pouch.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone want to post a pick of the case as a messenger bag?

im really curious to see if it looks like a clutch or can pass as a masculine bag

Busaiku

I'm still undecided on this, but I guess my main question now is if it can comfortably fit in a larger bank (like the 20000 mAh Anker one).
Or would it be too much?

Top Bottom