• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The WaterField Case for Nintendo Switch - Production Updates

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I'm still undecided on this, but I guess my main question now is if it can comfortably fit in a larger bank (like the 20000 mAh Anker one).
Or would it be too much?

On the product page, the Anker PowerCore+ 20100 fits in the back pocket.

I just ordered one myself in black for both the Switch and the New 3DS. I already had prior experience for the original 3DS XL and it still holds up after three years. Absolute quality.

Lexxism

That switchpouch is very nice, does anyone have a pic of it in waxed canvas?
Switch-GP-Canvas-front_1024x1024.jpg

Switch-GP-Non-Leather-Colors_1024x1024.jpg
They have it on their site.

Vitacat

I wouldn't use any pouch style case with a zipper running around the opening like that. Significantly increases likelihood of scratches.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My waxed canvas zipper pouch delivers on Mon (tom). I leave for a 4-day, six-flight trip at 10am :-(

This isn't NEARLY as big as it's being made out to be. It's about the same length as one of those cheap PDP cases and only sightly(and I mean sightly) thicker. I bought one of the crap cases to hold me over, and this is a trillion times better. It should be, given the price, but the whole purse talk as if it's some huge piece of luggage is bullshit, unless all of the other cheap switch cases are bullshit as well. Comparison pic to show thickness, as it's already pretty much the same length.

Excuse the shitty pic (camera is busted) and dirty table.

I don't know why you're so angry. The complaints are legitimate. My wife has clutches that are the same size and the flap over the front design makes it look like a clutch purse. I own one of their cases for my Vita and might get the pouch for my switch but I find the cityslicker looks too much like a clutch for me.

Damn these look nice - got my eye on one of the switch pouches. The city slicker looks great, but I'm outside the US so they're a bit too expensive after currency conversion and shipping.

Will definitely be looking out for impressions once they start coming in.

phanphare

Banned
edit: my Switch Pouch is out for delivery! that was quick. shipped from cali with usps on friday and I'm in NC. usually takes longer with usps. will update with pics when I get home.

These are nice and all but i really don't think they would be of much protection except from scratches, right?

the city slicker looks like it do a decent job, the Switch part is padded

Vitacat

These are nice and all but i really don't think they would be of much protection except from scratches, right?

That zipper around the opening is a scratch waiting to happen every time the Switch is removed or placed in the pouch. Exactly why I also don't use camera bags made like that.

phanphare

Banned
well my pouch was out for delivery this morning and I got my mail today and it didn't show up. it's still out for delivery on the tracking so either my usps lady will double back and deliver it or I'll just get it tomorrow.

Hattori

Banned
well my pouch was out for delivery this morning and I got my mail today and it didn't show up. it's still out for delivery on the tracking so either my usps lady will double back and deliver it or I'll just get it tomorrow.
weird but I'm in the same boat, this almost never happens with my packages

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

weird but I'm in the same boat, this almost never happens with my packages

Same thing here. Waxed canvas pouch. Was supposed to be delivered today. Currently "Expected Delivery" is today - but no updates on the tracking since it left CA.

Dammit I was waiting to see what the pro version of this looked like as I wanted to be at least be able to carry an extra sizable battery bank for this in the pouch as well as possible a separate game case (and city slicker looks too tight for that and everything else it's supposed to hold). I was expecting maybe something like the city slicker but an extra couple of pouches and a few inches wider. Instead it's this huge laptop bag like monstrosity that looks terrible and more than twice as big. No thanks, I'll pass.

edit: Was hoping for something more like...

Now to find a discreet case that doesn't have Nintendo Switch plastered all over it elsewhere :(.

WOW...that looks amazing.How much protection does it offer?

It's about as much protection as the official black case. It's a soft material on the inside to protect from scratches, and it seems like it could survive a decent drop, but it's not the same type of protection as the City Slicker.

This is a nice, slim option for someone like myself that has a larger bag and want to throw it into a side pocket.

Weevilone

I'm in, went with the Grizzly leather in City Slicker. Both my 3DS and Vita cases are same style in black, which was dumb. I was afraid my fugly joycon colors would clash with the blue or red but I wanted something different.

And the pouch looks like a shaving kit or something. I'll take my man purse, thank you.

akashhhhh

Wanted to share some photos of the blue cityslicker. I have zero complaints with it, and my expectations were pretty high. Also wanted to illustrate something I had been hoping for: It can also fit a regular n3DS alongside Switch. It offers both great protection, doesn't look bulky, and closes easily. It also fit my 3DS XL. I don't have a n3DS XL to try. The 3DS sits inside the separate little pouch inside so it doesn't rub up against anything. The slight sheen to the blue is from some leather conditioner I like and it will dry off.

kmkbk7lw.jpg

69fmwote.jpg

tpmgt3kx.jpg

kubus

Everytime I see this thread bumped, I cry a little inside.

So much stuff I want from this site, like the Bolt backpack and the Surface Pro 4 sleeve and now the Switch backpack.

Then I go to checkout...

Shipping $67.00
Duties and Taxes $81.00

...and I close the tab again.

jacobeid

Banned

So much stuff I want from this site, like the Bolt backpack and the Surface Pro 4 sleeve and now the Switch backpack.

Then I go to checkout...

Shipping $67.00
Duties and Taxes $81.00

Damn, I'm sorry. That seriously sucks.

Reminds me of the time that my uncle went to Singapore for a week (he had some art history work to do there too) to have suits made because it was cheaper to fly and stay in Singapore for a week than to have them made in Manhattan lol.

kubus

Damn, I'm sorry. That seriously sucks.

Reminds me of the time that my uncle went to Singapore for a week (he had some art history work to do there too) to have suits made because it was cheaper to fly and stay in Singapore for a week than to have them made in Manhattan lol.
Thanks :(. And wow, that's crazy :p. Though I can relate, haha.

I think that the next time a friend or relative is going to the US, I'm gonna ask them if it's ok to ship them some Waterfield stuff. I believe domestic shipping is pretty cheap so if they can just take it back with them to my country, I would save so much money.

I wish they would open a European distribution center or something, but I don't think that's in the cards :/.

Weils

Neo Member
Wanted to share some photos of the blue cityslicker. I have zero complaints with it, and my expectations were pretty high. Also wanted to illustrate something I had been hoping for: It can also fit a regular n3DS alongside Switch. It offers both great protection, doesn't look bulky, and closes easily. It also fit my 3DS XL. I don't have a n3DS XL to try. The 3DS sits inside the separate little pouch inside so it doesn't rub up against anything. The slight sheen to the blue is from some leather conditioner I like and it will dry off.

I have the 3DS XL and even though I could insert it in the rear pocket along with the Switch, the bulk is too large to have the flap reach the magnetic clasp.

Weils

Neo Member

Then I go to checkout...

Shipping $67.00
Duties and Taxes $81.00

Wow that sucks. :p Some of the duty fees and taxes are so exorbitant. One day, I'm going to get that Bolt backpack.

akashhhhh

I have the 3DS XL and even though I could insert it in the rear pocket along with the Switch, the bulk is too large to have the flap reach the magnetic clasp.

Hmm. Not having this issue with the XL. I presume measurements differ slightly with anything handcut. In any case, it works really well with the regular n3DS and I am very happy about that.

RaidenZR

I got my KeysFactory pouch today but I am at work and won't be home until super late. I'll post pics and impressions if I can later. So far it seems kinda thin on the inside yet serviceable....But it does have a hard exterior.

Hattori

Banned
Switch Pouch finally came in, this thing is nice -- real nice. I tempted just grab the city slicker as well as a backpack from them...rip wallet

Weevilone

Switch Pouch finally came in, this thing is nice -- real nice. I tempted just grab the city slicker as well as a backpack from them...rip wallet

It's a slippery slope. I have iPad cases in multiple sizes, a Muzetto bag, cases for all my portable consoles of late. And I still have a wishlist.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
still no shots of it being work like a messenger bag?

really want to see if this thing looks too feminine when worn

I got my KeysFactory pouch today but I am at work and won't be home until super late. I'll post pics and impressions if I can later. So far it seems kinda thin on the inside yet serviceable....But it does have a hard exterior.
Would love to hear some impressions!

j-wood

Yeah, this company is such a slippery slope lol. I bought the padded gear pouch, and next thing I knew I'm buying multiple bags from them.

It's expensive, but it can't be echoed enough that you truly get what you pay for with this company.

Yeah, this company is such a slippery slope lol. I bought the padded gear pouch, and next thing I knew I'm buying multiple bags from them.

It's expensive, but it can't be echoed enough that you truly get what you pay for with this company.

I assume you bought the padded gear puch for your Switch. Could you take a couple pictures and post them here?

Top Bottom