• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
L0st Id3ntity said:
Damn I never thought about that.

lol to be fair I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time thinking of creative uses for my Dropbox, I love the bloody thing. If you install Dropbox folder-sync it's also your one stop shop for cloud-saving.

jim-jam bongs said:
lol to be fair I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time thinking of creative uses for my Dropbox, I love the bloody thing. If you install Dropbox folder-sync it's also your one stop shop for cloud-saving.
9s5eep.jpg

Kyaw

Snuggler said:
End of ch. 2, I saw it on the Iorveth side

dethmold was such a dick

Yup.

Apparently you get some really good loot on Roche's side
for killing Dethmold.

Also the OST for this game is amazing!
Listening through it now, the non battle ones are definitely better. So soothing and nice.

Snuggler said:
End of ch. 2, I saw it on the Iorveth side

dethmold was such a dick

Thanks I didn't see it at all with Roche.

And yes Dethmold is a jerk to say the least.

Kyaw said:
Yup.

Apparently you get some really good loot on Roche's side
for killing Dethmold.

Also the OST for this game is amazing!
Listening through it now, the non battle ones are definitely better. So soothing and nice.

Chapter 3 Roche side spoilers :

After he is killed you loot a key from his body to open a nearby safe and get a sweet steel sword and some other crafting stuff from memory.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lostconfused said:
The only dick in the whole game is Loredo. Everyone else is just various shades of grey.

You can't forget this guy:

jcjes.png

major dick

Plus, the "people, the mutant is persuing me!" guy....the dickest of them all.

Snuggler said:

major dick

Plus, the "people, the mutant is persuing me!" guy....the dickest of them all.
Honestly I don't remember anything about the ambassador that bothered me. What did he do?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Snuggler said:

http://i.imgur.com/jcjes.png

major dick

Plus, the "people, the mutant is persuing me!" guy....the dickest of them all.[/QUOTE]

Well he's a Nilfguardian, they're all assholes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lostconfused said:
Honestly I don't remember anything about the ambassador that bothered me. What did he do?

He was just a prick in general, but he (ch.3 Iorveth)
tried to have me executed by his guards, took Triss captive, and murdered a pretty sorceress 'just because'. I remember him being an ass in the prologue as well.

Geoff9920

Need Chapter 1 help:
I'm about to go meet Letho in the elvin ruins, but there's a couple sidequests I'd like to finish up first just in case this ends chapter 1. However, I need the grapshot(?) for the Nekkar Contract and I haven't spoken with Cedric since the beginning to chapter 1. There was one mission where I was told I could talk to Cedric to find an ingredient or given the option to find the ingredient for the mongoose potion on my own. As I had already found the ingredient I needed, I created the potion without looking for Cedric and continued playing. Now I need to talk to the guy so I can buy the grapeshot diagram, but he's no where to be found. Any ideas as to where I can find him?

Shahadan

Geoff9920 said:
Need Chapter 1 help:
I'm about to go meet Letho in the elvin ruins, but there's a couple sidequests I'd like to finish up first just in case this ends chapter 1. However, I need the grapshot(?) for the Nekkar Contract and I haven't spoken with Cedric since the beginning to chapter 1. There was one mission where I was told I could talk to Cedric to find an ingredient or given the option to find the ingredient for the mongoose potion on my own. As I had already found the ingredient I needed, I created the potion without looking for Cedric and continued playing. Now I need to talk to the guy so I can buy the grapeshot diagram, but he's no where to be found. Any ideas as to where I can find him?

Cedric is in the village outside Floatsam's walls either in his house or on the tree platform depending of the hour. He crafts items also, so use your map to find him if you have trouble.

Snuggler said:
He was just a prick in general, but he (ch.3 Iorveth)
tried to have me executed by his guards, took Triss captive, and murdered a pretty sorceress 'just because'. I remember him being an ass in the prologue as well.
Ok well that's not how it played out for me.
Because really it was Letho that kidnapped Triss. After which she gets captured by a nilfgard spy in Vergen. In the end he gets killed by his own side when Geralt takes him hostage.

Also he helps Geralt escape from the prison and is fairly civil in every conversation they have.

Van Buren

Lostconfused said:

Apart from his political involvement in all the events that take place, he keeps tabs on Geralt and decides that Geralt is to die due to his unpredictable nature being a possible liability to the Empire. Unfortunately for him, he was unaware of the Emperor having authorized his own death should the situation arise.

Van Buren said:
Apart from his political involvement in all the events that take place, he keeps tabs on Geralt and decides that Geralt is to die due to his unpredictable nature being a possible liability to the Empire. Unfortunately for him, he was unaware of the Emperor having authorized his own death should the situation arise.
Psssh. You can't hold that against anybody. Dandelion and Zoltan are probably the only characters that wouldn't try to kill Geralt.

zlatko

Banned
Riposte said:
You got something against Black ones?

I have a strong suspicion that the emperor of Nilfgaard is somehow related to the Wild Hunt. Like when those comic flash back scenes show a leader to the Wild Hunt being an elf, I bet it would make for some craziness if he was the emperor.

Crunched said:
Man the bloom in W2 is awful. Turn it off and you get beauty like this:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558657320216666193/CDB46CD2A6DEBBEC8DFFBD04B710CE3B665167F4/[IMG]

With bloom enabled, all your sun shafts turn into big white blobs. And Geralt is constantly glowing like he's radioactive or something.[/QUOTE]
Yep, said it earlier in the thread as well. Should be in the OP, I think. :p Can't get this kind of stuff with bloom on: [url]http://i52.tinypic.com/2n9c11e.jpg[/url].

It can also drown out the texture quality.
Example (Chapter 1 boss spoilers):
Bloom on:
[url]http://i53.tinypic.com/30ufwo2.jpg[/url]
Bloom off:
[url]http://i53.tinypic.com/f29frp.jpg[/url]

Kyaw

jim-jam bongs said:
Put them in the Public directory, then right click the file and select "copy public link" from the Dropbox menu.

How do i get the public directory/folder?

I've installed Dropbox and its no where to be seen in the dropbox folder.

Lostconfused said:
Nah. She is a mage, given a good enough reason she probably wouldn't even think about it.

But they love each other! :3

Shit's gonna get messy when we get to meet Yennefer in Witcher 3. She probably has worse amnesia than Geralt or something.

Van Buren

There's one thing which has been bugging me in ACT II (Roche)
Did anyone have Geralt say that Ves was lying ? That seemed to be a dangling thread, or am I misunderstanding the context under which he says that ?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jim-jam bongs said:
I'm still not entirely convinced of that personally.

I think if she knew I ploughed every single whore at the brothels, she might have a good reason to

hopefully witchers are immune to disease if you know what I mean

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Snuggler said:
I think if I she knew I ploughed every single whore at the brothels, she might have a good reason to

They are, actually!

Snuggler said:
I think if I she knew I ploughed every single whore at the brothels, she might have a good reason to

He'd have to be, if he wasn't I'm guessing his cock would have dropped right off after ploughing those vampire hoes in TW1.

sflufan

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
woohoo..went out to get it..and got a faulty first disc... fml

It's not the DVD that's faulty, it's your (and everyone else's) DVD drive.

Put in a request with CDP's tech support with a picture of your DVD key and they'll get back to you with a code to download the game from GOG.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
zlatko said:
I'm glad this is the case. I am so excited for this games DLC and expansions. Even if the DLC wasn't free... I'd pay every red cent for more. I'll be pumping through my 2nd play through of this soon after I complete LA Noire. :)

I played L.A. Noire for two hours, but quickly went back to The Witcher 2. I liked what I saw and am excited to go back, but I have to finish my second playthrough of TW2 first.

Geoff9920

Shahadan said:
Cedric is in the village outside Floatsam's walls either in his house or on the tree platform depending of the hour. He crafts items also, so use your map to find him if you have trouble.
Thanks! I must have been through that area a dozen times or so, not sure how I missed him. :p

sflufan

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
I like the box...and thanks about the info dude

Be sure to mention that you're getting the "CRC data error" when you try to install the game and that you've updated your DVD firmware, etc. but that nothing has worked.

zlatko

Banned
Zefah said:
I played L.A. Noire for two hours, but quickly went back to The Witcher 2. I liked what I saw and am excited to go back, but I have to finish my second playthrough of TW2 first.

I have 44 hours of TW2 under my belt and my first game completion done. I'm 14/21 cases of LA Noire done... had to take a break due to fatigue/boredom. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom