• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arozay

New nvidia drivers.

"The Release 275 beta driver v275.27 can cause significant performance drop in The Witcher 2. This issue has been resolved in v275.33 drivers. Please read this FAQ for more information on this issue."

Sheet, I played through with those and it seemed fine.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, shit, shit, shit, I can't believe this. My hard drive just had it and I couldn't back my Witcher 2 save file (all 200 saves!) and got nothing to continue my game :(

Can someone be kind enough to send me a save file, just at the beginning of Chapter 3 with these choices if possible
With Roche all the way, done all side quests before hand, and let Roche kill Henselt
I'd much appreciate it!

Aeana

Question about a part during Iorveth's act 2 path...

When you're apprehended at the camp after going through the mist after Triss and Henselt and you fight the sorceror guy, where are the weapons that were taken from me? I looked all around the camp and didn't find them. Do I just have to reload and unequip myself first?

Fredescu

I experienced the responsiveness bug for the first time. I was fighting two rotfiends and right clicking for strong style and nothing happened. Left clicking worked fine. It was weird. Luckily doesn't seem to happen that often, but I guess that means it will be a difficult bug to track down.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Zaro said:
New nvidia drivers.

"The Release 275 beta driver v275.27 can cause significant performance drop in The Witcher 2. This issue has been resolved in v275.33 drivers. Please read this FAQ for more information on this issue."

They're probably referring to game performance if you kept the 3D Drivers.

Aeana said:

When you're apprehended at the camp after going through the mist after Triss and Henselt and you fight the sorceror guy, where are the weapons that were taken from me? I looked all around the camp and didn't find them. Do I just have to reload and unequip myself first?

Checked your inventory?

That or there should be a chest nearby.

1stStrike

Banned
ZombieFred said:
Shit, shit, shit, shit, I can't believe this. My hard drive just had it and I couldn't back my Witcher 2 save file (all 200 saves!) and got nothing to continue my game :(

Can someone be kind enough to send me a save file, just at the beginning of Chapter 3 with these choices if possible
With Roche all the way, done all side quests before hand, and let Roche kill Henselt
I'd much appreciate it!

No guarantee, but I think this may it. If not, it's pretty close.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cruevml4wybpxl2/AutoSave_0340.sav

Arozay

ZombieFred said:

I'd much appreciate it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?d81ua0di7gbdk80

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Salaadin said:
Its dropped on Amazon and Gamestop now. I hope this isnt due to poor sales :(

They always do it with popular games stripping away developers from cash and gaining more consumers. I made a thread about it and people loled at me, because THEY KNEW IT OF COURSE.

Also if the game doesn't sell in US that's not a problem for The Witcher.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Aeana said:

No, they're there somewhere.

Seregil

Does anyone know if (Spoiler for Roche Path Act II)
Helping Iorveth in the siege of Vergen have any effect? It makes it seem like it is a choice of going after Sile or helping Iorveth but I've played the end of the act making both choices and it didn't seem to make a difference. However, I've only played Act III with helping Iorveth. Does something happen there if you don't help him?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
After playing up to the first boss using KB/M at 1680x1050, I decided to see how the game played on my 720p TV with a 360 controller and better speakers. Wow. This is the way the game is meant to be experienced. I find the tradeoff of 720p resolution totally worth being able to play this on a big TV, and the game actually seems to be designed around a controller.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out a way to loot only certain items from a corpse using the controller. Is there a way to do this?

Van Buren

FlyinJ said:
Unfortunately, I can't figure out a way to loot only certain items from a corpse using the controller. Is there a way to do this?

Unfortunately, there isn't. If you don't mind altering game balance, grab the 0-weight inventory mod and loot away.

Seregil said:
Helping Iorveth in the siege of Vergen have any effect? It makes it seem like it is a choice of going after Sile or helping Iorveth but I've played the end of the act making both choices and it didn't seem to make a difference. However, I've only played Act III with helping Iorveth. Does something happen there if you don't help him?

I've done it both ways and it doesn't seem to have any affect either way from what I can tell...

Xilium

Seregil said:
I don't think it was meant to be an either/or choice and I'm assuming it's ramifications wont be realized until TW3.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished my Hard playthrough. What an amazing game, really. I went with Roche this time, and despite the weaker environment in Chapter 2, I think I enjoyed the story a lot more.

I've played just about nothing else since this came out on May 17th (my birthday, too, yay!); it completely consumed me. I had L.A. Noire and Fable 3 PC waiting, but even after I beat the game once on Normal, I immediately started up my Hard game. This is easily my game of the year so far. I doubt anything else will come along to dethrone it in the next six months, either.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Witcher 2 is easily my game of the year. I rarely play games more than once, and I'm actually MORE excited to play through my second playthrough than my first.

Divius

Just finished my 1st playthrough, I found the ending a bit underwhelming but the game itself was amazing. I'm still contemplating if I want to play it again and try the different choices..

End spoiler questions:

I killed
the dragon, what happens if you don't
?
I killed
Letho, what happens if you don't
?

&Divius said:
Just finished my 1st playthrough, I found the ending a bit underwhelming but the game itself was amazing. I'm still contemplating if I want to play it again and try the different choices..

End spoiler questions:

I killed
?
I killed
?

You're a witcher.

Kyaw

&Divius said:

End spoiler questions:

I killed
?
I killed
?

The dragon doesn't die [duh] You will have different choices/viewpoints if you went with Iorveth's path.

Letho just walks away, nothing much here.

raphier

Banned
Zaro said:
New nvidia drivers.

I get twice times more pop-ups with these drivers than before.

Zomba13

&Divius said:

End spoiler questions:

I killed
?
I killed
?
So far just different dialouge at the end.

Anyone wished more Witcher 1 characters showed up? Like, not so many it felt forced, but like Siegfried (if he was still alive. Can he die?) or Kalkstien (spelling?). Though maybe Kalkstien wouldn't really have a place showing up if he's still faffing about with the mages tower. I just like him and wanted to see him again with nice graphics.
I mean Zdenek (or whatever the fighting champ was called) showed up again.

Tokubetsu

Zomba13 said:
So far just different dialouge at the end.

Anyone wished more Witcher 1 characters showed up? Like, not so many it felt forced, but like Siegfried (if he was still alive. Can he die?) or Kalkstien (spelling?). Though maybe Kalkstien wouldn't really have a place showing up if he's still faffing about with the mages tower. I just like him and wanted to see him again with nice graphics.
I mean Zdenek (or whatever the fighting champ was called) showed up again.

Racist. Can't believe you went with the Order.
You kill Siegfried if you go scoieteal

Solo

toasty_T said:
For some reason I find the repetitive lines hilarious rather than grating.

As do I. In fact, I think its kinda of awesome how quotable/memorable it is. This is like "get out of here, Stalker!" x 10.

Salaadin

Solo said:
As do I. In fact, I think its kinda of awesome how quotable/memorable it is. This is like "get out of here, Stalker!" x 10.
I love the kids in act 1 too. "I'm a witcher! Hi-ya" and "why does he carry two swords? Does he tend to lose them?"

I was surprised to find there is a considerable number of quests to do in Ch3, from some the impressions I imagined it was going to be one long corridor :lol.

I spent 2-3 hours looking around and doing side quests, have not done any main quest here yet.

Any other way than dice to make money in this chapter? I can't rematch this douche in arm wrstling.

Kyaw

L0st Id3ntity said:
I was surprised to find there is a considerable number of quests to do in Ch3, from some the impressions I imagined it was going to be one long corridor :lol.

I spent 2-3 hours looking around and doing side quests, have not done any main quest here yet.

Any other way than dice to make money in this chapter? I can't rematch this douche in arm wrstling.

That's because he's using steroids.
You can buy the steroid potion from the smaller dude and win.

Salaadin

Kyaw said:
I was able to rematch that guy.
I lost the first match with him and then called him our on his roid use. I forget how I answered but I was then able to wrestle him again without steroids and win. I'm not sure if they let you keep wrestling him after that though.

Zomba13

Kyaw said:
Or
Lose to him once, accuse him of cheating, provoke him, beat him up, then challenge him again and he won't cheat and will in fact be the easiest arm wrestle of the game.

Kyaw

Zomba13 said:
Or
Lose to him once, accuse him of cheating, provoke him, beat him up, then challenge him again and he won't cheat and will in fact be the easiest arm wrestle of the game.

Or that...

Roche's bridge fall was epic.
Need Roche spin off or Iorveth spin off. So badly.

Maybe Triss spin off too. Saskia spin off! Seltkirk spin off!

><

Salaadin

Kyaw said:
Or that...

Roche's bridge fall was epic.
Need Roche spin off or Iorveth spin off. So badly.

Maybe Triss spin off too. Saskia spin off! Seltkirk spin off!

><
Iorveth and Roche spin offs would be good DLC. I'd like to see more of their back stories.

Tokubetsu

Solo said:
Ioverth and Roche: Good Cop, Bro Cop

Haha yep. Roche is that firend that you always wonder why you're still friends because he seems to just drag you into shit and make matters worse rather than help them. But he's your bro so you stick it out.

Salaadin

Tokubetsu said:
Haha yep. Roche is that firend that you always wonder why you're still friends because he seems to just drag you into shit and make matters worse rather than help them. But he's your bro so you stick it out.

LOL, Im not sure that Id want a friend like Roche.

DLC backstory showing his first meeting with Iorveth would be awesome. Theres a lot of history between those two. Ves backstory would be nice too.

Ultimately, Id rather they expand on the ending of this game though. Im eager to find out what happens AFTER the ending here. Hopefully CDPR touches on this at their conference today.

Is there any way to get the troll dlc working without an internet connection? I have the data but this time around the game is asking me to register the game which I can't do.

Darklord

Banned
Zaro said:
New nvidia drivers.

I thought the beta drivers helped The Witcher 2's performance?

Salaadin

Darklord said:
I thought the beta drivers helped The Witcher 2's performance?
They were supposed to. I know several people who reported increases with those drivers...unless that was a placebo thing and there was no increase at all...or another factor causing the increase (like the removal of the 3D vision drivers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom