• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Buren

Meier said:
Amazon has it for $40 for DVD and DD. Any chance Steam will put it on sale too?
New Vegas is still going at full price, and Witcher 2 has been near the top of the bestseller list, so it's unlikely. At this point, I'd recommend other versions solely due to not having to deal with the 9 GB steam updates.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I tried Insane mode on Monday and died at the Prologue. If anyone is serious about it, honestly, really consider it. It's fucking brutal and really feels shitty when you die and wish you could reload a save and all it says is "Save is locked at this difficulty".

And yes, it was the Dragon's fire that killed me.
I made it to the Draug. Wasn't pleased.

subversus said:
Sorry, but I loled. QTE ftw.

Actually what happened was I turned away for a second, not realizing that it would go right into the gameplay (I was checking something on my other computer) and I looked back and had died.

Still, shitty place to die.

TBH I wasn't even sure how I managed to beat damage Draug. Basically had
Quen up and would tap him with light after his charges
. I think
Quen
did all the damage...

Van Buren

I preferred Roche's path for two reasons - the bridge scene and the Dethmold scene.

Seriously though, Roche's path felt far more "gray" since Geralt was stuck helping people of questionable morals.

Van Buren said:
I'm blaming the voice for dying there. It was just mesmerizing.

Such an awesome scene, that whole fight. His booming voice, the spectral armies fighting it out around you, the battlefield in flames... amazing. One of the most genuinely epic things I've ever experienced in a game.

Gully State said:
TBH I wasn't even sure how I managed to beat damage Draug. Basically had
Quen up and would tap him with light after his charges
. I think
Quen
did all the damage...

Like most bosses
he's extremely easy to take out with improved dodge. Dodge and roll around so you come to a halt behind him, then work the taint.

Salaadin

For Draug
I just kept my distance and laid Yrden between us. Hed get caught, Id go crazy. I think I had to catch him 3 times and he was dead

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Salaadin said:
I cant quite place why but I will say that it feel more "right" than Roches path.

Why ? WHY ? The dwarves are glorious.

And I dunno being a mutant and a victim of racism in TW1, I'd say siding with the Elves/Dwarves is definitely the right thing to do.

the bridge scene

You mean the one in Vergen ?

Salaadin

Yurt said:
Why ? WHY ? The dwarves are glorious.

And I dunno being a mutant and a victim of racism in TW1, I'd say siding with the Elves/Dwarves is definitely the right thing to do.

Just hit a nice convo with them at the inn and it seems like every other sentence is hilarious. The way they interact with eachother...oh man. Funniest race in the game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Salaadin said:
Just hit a nice convo with them at the inn and it seems like every other sentence is hilarious. The way they interact with eachother...oh man. Funniest race in the game.

My favorite line was
Prince penis
haha.

Ok guys don't read what I'm gonna say unless you finished the game on both paths
In chp2 on Roche's path, I'm 90% sure that I spotted Triss's statue next to the candles/gifts on the beach.
. Someone needs to confirm that because it's beyond awesome.

Van Buren

"Fucking idiot actually went in" was also a contender for the best line in the game. Given the reason behind that line, I lost it at that point.

Exuro

Van Buren said:
"Fucking idiot actually went in" was also a contender for the best line in the game. Given the reason behind that line, I lost it at that point.
That one got me soo bad. I don't normally laugh at loud at games but that part was hilarious.

1stStrike

Banned
Darklord said:
Is it even worth fighting him? Do you get any reward?

Yeah, not only is it the hardest fight in the game, but the weapon he drops demolishes everything. I personally think it looks pretty cool, as it glows when you equip it.

Kyaw said:
7PM GMT tomorrow guys!

CDPR and GoG should have some good news in terms of DLC/sales/Expansions and future support.

I'll be doing the CDPR/GOG thread here on GAF. Got my images/gifs all ready for it.

Salaadin

1stStrike said:
Yeah, not only is it the hardest fight in the game, but the weapon he drops demolishes everything. I personally think it looks pretty cool, as it glows when you equip it.

Hes tough but I hardly ever used his staff. I just fought him because I heard he was hard.
I didnt like the odd glow the staff gives off.

Exuro

DualShadow said:
Damn must have missed it on my Iorveth play, thought I got all quests.
You might of finished it, it's the
Succubus quest. Geralt will say that if you're controlling Dandelion and go into the lair instead of going back to Geralt.

Salaadin

DualShadow said:
Damn must have missed it on my Iorveth play, thought I got all quests.

Its given to you by an NPC right outside the inn. When he sees you, he yells "Witcher! I need to talk to you!", kinda hard to miss. Maybe that quote only comes if you do certain things on the quest? I cant say because Im currently working on it myself.

Exuro said:
You might of finished it, it's the
Succubus quest. Geralt will say that if you're controlling Dandelion and go into the lair instead of going back to Geralt.

Nope don't remember that, wonder how I managed to miss it.

I'll just have to YouTube it when I get home.

Edit: I remember getting a quest from that elf.....I probably advanced too far to complete it accidentally.

Meier said:
Amazon has it for $40 for DVD and DD. Any chance Steam will put it on sale too?
What-s up with the quick price drop at Amazon?
Van Buren said:
I preferred Roche's path for two reasons - the bridge scene and the Dethmold scene.
You are refering to the Eclipsed battle field scene? Dethmold looks like a pimp zapping those specters (drugirs) with the might cane. Dethmold features one of the most convincing faces in the game. The other one is Roache´s in my opinion. Great modeling work there.

To the guys complainig about Quen being broken. Maybe try Insane difficulty using it then, maybe that way the play field evens.
Minsc said:
I am curious to see the alternate AI used by the enemies on insane though, so I'm definitely going to give it a shot later.
Nah, i don't think there's any altered AI. Probably same AI as hard with the 1 death ends game handicap.

Minsc

Gold Member
Zefah said:
I'd probably give Insane a try if the dragon part in the prologue, the Kayran fight, and the ghost battlefield reenactment part didn't exist. It's far too easy to die because of some minor screw up or random element on those three parts in particular.

The dragon part is not a big deal, since it's in the first 5 minutes of the game. If you die, you only lose 5 minutes. I'd assume you'd turn off QTE on an insane run as well. It's those careless screwups that will piss you off though, like forgetting to re-equip your armor after it gets stripped, or missing a dodge.

I am curious to see the alternate AI used by the enemies on insane though, so I'm definitely going to give it a shot later.

Refreshment.01 said:
You are refering to the Eclipsed battle field scene? Dethmold looks like a pimp zapping those specters (drugirs) with the might cane. Dethmold features one of the most convincing faces in the game. The other one is Roache´s in my opinion. Great modeling work there.

I'm assuming he means (Chapter 3 Roche/Dethmold spoilers)
When Roche kills Dethmold in a pretty brutal way

I cant register the game, tried creating a new account (tried to also use an old one), a windows window pops up and tells me "Accept", I press it and nothing happens
I also did the recovery password thing and the same window pop ups, but theres no email in my email account (not even in junk).
I also created a new email account for the game.... nothing.

Ive looked in the internet and people seem to have problems but others not and could download the DLC.
How the fuck is that possible.

Is there an answer form CDProject about when is going to work for all people?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Minsc said:
The dragon part is not a big deal, since it's in the first 5 minutes of the game. If you die, you only lose 5 minutes. I'd assume you'd turn off QTE on an insane run as well. It's those careless screwups that will piss you off though, like forgetting to re-equip your armor after it gets stripped, or missing a dodge.

Oh, the enemies actually have different behavior on Insane? I thought it was just Hard + save gets deleted if you die.

Hopefully, someone will mod it so we can have the Insane difficulty without the save deleting nonsense.

Exuro

Refreshment.01 said:
Pretty sure he's talking about the fall through bridge in Vergen and Roche's
"work" on Dethmold at the end.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Those drunk guards who keep calling for Odrin in chapter 2 quickly got annoying lol.

Do i have to deal with npcs repeating the same shit every few secs in every chapters? D:

For some reason I find the repetitive lines hilarious rather than grating.

Even in the first game you had all the fist fighting guys with the exact same voice.

Couldn't help chuckling every time I heard "Greetings Whitey. Got any money? Wanna fight?" from 5 completely different looking people.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
lol51 said:
YRDEN! TRAP IT WITH YRDEN!

YOU COME DOWN HERE AND TRAP IT!

toasty_T said:
For some reason I find the repetitive lines hilarious rather than grating.

Agreed, it's an endearing jankieness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom