• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Reallink said:
When is the review embargo lifted?
There are some reviews already, check this post. They seem to be extremely positive, while noting some flaws such as a weak finale. I felt the first Witcher game also suffered from this, so it's not so bad.

Minsc said:
Hopefully this is the end of it I agree, but every post you had in this thread had to do with the DRM. Sorry it turned out the way it did, but between "this is the worst news ever" regarding the DRM, and "oh CDProjekt :(" "I'm holding off my purchase until I know" before I even took notice of you, you didn't leave a good first impression with me.

Not to mention you seemed wildly incorrect about what the DRM implied about the game, making it in to a much bigger deal than necessary. Then you pretended that Steam is not a form of DRM, and I summed up what I believed to be your stance. I didn't say your were vetoing the game, I said "if you were vetoing it," being I don't really care what you decide to do.

I still really don't to be honest. I just don't want misinformation about the DRM being spread. And every single post you have in this thread was about DRM, so whatever, hopefully this mini-argument ends here, I don't want to drag it along any more.

I don´t agree with you and you quite innacurate about some of things you say I have written. But at the request of the others, I will not continue the discussion about that in this thread. You do know that I don´t really end the discussion by continuing it?

But if you come across a more fitting thread for the discussion, then drop me a PM and I will be right there!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gram Negative Cocci said:
Ok this is best graphics I've ever seen posted as a GIF here. Crysis 2, modded Crysis on a $3000 PC, Uncharted 2&3, God of War 3, Killzone 3, Metro 2033 etc. have been officially overtaken.

Why is this gif so great?

1) incredible detail on clothing
2) detail that is actually modelled in 3D
3) hand... oh my god the hand with rings, wrinkles and nails
4) spell's lighting effect affecting everything as a true light source
5) notice how it shows up and then slides on the flasks :O :O :O

I haven't seen better real-time graphics in my life. 3DMark what?

Battlefield 3 says Hi.

(pre-alpha footage) Not the final build.

http://h-5.abload.de/img/faultlineseriesepisodeumhb.gif
http://h-5.abload.de/img/faultlineseriesepisodekjdh.gif
http://h-5.abload.de/img/bf3_faultline_ep1_pegiwjjh.gif
http://h-5.abload.de/img/bf3_faultline_ep1_peginkm2.gif
http://h-5.abload.de/img/bf3_faultline_ep1_pegizkhi.gif
http://h-5.abload.de/img/bf3_faultline_ep1_pegi4jz6.gif
http://www.23hq.com/6355819/6533624_51766cf4e71c722fd5be794bf5b24c1a_large.jpg

Mesijs

Maybe this question has been posed a thousand times already, but is there any really convincing reason why they do not make a console version of this???

I can see the detail is incredible, but scaling everything down a bit and this should be possible on a console. It looks like a detailed, beatiful game and I do not get why such a big project doesn't get published for a larger audience, the market certainly is there

Mesijs said:
Maybe this question has been posed a thousand times already, but is there any really convincing reason why they do not make a console version of this???

I can see the detail is incredible, but scaling everything down a bit and this should be possible on a console. It looks like a detailed, beatiful game and I do not get why such a big project doesn't get published for a larger audience, the market certainly is there

I think there are plans to release this on the 360 and PS3 later on. I'm not sure if that's confirmed or something they're thinking about.

Kyaw

Mesijs said:

Because the studio isnt big enough to spend time on versions for all 3 platforms. This is only their second game. And of course spending their sweet time to make PC version extra good. :)

There are plans for PS3 and 360 versions. But nothing confirmed yet.

cyen

Mesijs said:

They already spoked about a console version, even thou is not confirmed i think is pretty much certain that the game will get console versions down the road.

bengraven

I come into this thread for Witcher 2 news and find half a dozen massive gifs for a game that has absolutely no connection to the Witcher at all.

Exuro

bengraven said:
I come into this thread for Witcher 2 news and find half a dozen massive gifs for a game that has absolutely no connection to the Witcher at all.
Seriously, those need to be linked.

Polk

Mesijs said:
They will announce console versions next month.
Now they want everyone to focus on masters race edition.

KKRT00

Gram Negative Cocci said:
Ok this is best graphics I've ever seen posted as a GIF here. Crysis 2, modded Crysis on a $3000 PC, Uncharted 2&3, God of War 3, Killzone 3, Metro 2033 etc. have been officially overtaken.

Why is this gif so great?

1) incredible detail on clothing
2) detail that is actually modelled in 3D
3) hand... oh my god the hand with rings, wrinkles and nails
4) spell's lighting effect affecting everything as a true light source
5) notice how it shows up and then slides on the flasks :O :O :O

I haven't seen better real-time graphics in my life. 3DMark what?
I disagree :)

2DcSH.gif

http://strony.aster.pl/kakarotto/Crysis2_lighting.gif
http://i.imgur.com/RTlBr.gif

CaLe

This game made me purchase a new computer in order to replace my 3 year old one.

The trailers were fantastic. The wait for the computer will be quite long....

WEGGLES

Minsc said:
It should, this time they took pre-cautions and don't have to outsource the port. New engine made with consoles in mind means it can be kept in house.
Good to hear. I remember my friend being excited for the xbox version of The Witcher and it seemed to have poofed.

Blackheim

Mesijs said:

Aside from the fact that CDP absolutely want to bring this to consoles, this is the closest to confirmation of a console port as you're going to get for now. Look at the bottom of the picture saying that it will happen one day:

Eyyyz.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
KKRT00 said:
I disagree :)

Crysis 2 shots

Crysis 2 certainly has its moments, especially when it comes to lighting effects. However, I found the texture resolution to be really, really low in the game compared to the first. The original Crysis is the better looking game in my opinion.

What I love about The Witcher 2 is that not only does it have some amazing looking lighting and graphical effects, but the texture detail and character models are simply amazing looking. I also love the art style find it extremely impressive how well they have translated their concept art into real time 3D scenes. Some of the screenshots out there look like they are actually concept art drawings or renders.

Exuro

Zefah said:
Crysis 2 certainly has its moments, especially when it comes to lighting effects. However, I found the texture resolution to be really, really low in the game compared to the first. The original Crysis is the better looking game in my opinion.

What I love about The Witcher 2 is that not only does it have some amazing looking lighting and graphical effects, but the texture detail and character models are simply amazing looking. I also love the art style find it extremely impressive how well they have translated their concept art into real time 3D scenes. Some of the screenshots out there look like they are actually concept art drawings or renders.
Pretty much. It doesn't have the latest and greatest tech but the pom textures/res combined with CDPR's art style makes up for a fantastic looking game.

Not that I have a rig capable of it but I wonder how this game will look in 3D. Suppose to support it "out of the box".

Darklord

Banned
Blackheim said:
Aside from the fact that CDP absolutely want to bring this to consoles, this is the closest to confirmation of a console port as you're going to get for now. Look at the bottom of the picture saying that it will happen one day:

Eyyyz.png

Who is the famous composer?

Exuro said:
Pretty much. It doesn't have the latest and greatest tech but the pom textures/res combined with CDPR's art style makes up for a fantastic looking game.

Not that I have a rig capable of it but I wonder how this game will look in 3D. Suppose to support it "out of the box".
There's also the complete lack of geometry compared to the first game.
Everything in the game seems made up out of straight edges and flat surfaces to keep the polycount as low as possible.

Compared to http://www.abload.de/img/fixedot1njc6.jpg
The amount of polys shown per frame combined with the pom textures makes it look a lot better, whereas crysis 2 is 2011 lighting and post processing effects combined with 2005 level textures and geometry.

Polycounts in environments seems to be something people just completely ignore this gen when talking about graphics...

Look at the first Rage trailer compared to what it looks like now, look at how incredible the vistas look in Tera thanks to the scale of things and the amount of stuff onscreen.
When you compare it to many other UE3 games they pale in comparison.

Anyone have a good link for a bunch of cheat mods for TW1? Picked it up on gog (first time playing) and want to go through just to enjoy the story/characters/world without fussing with the combat.

Mainly looking for infinite health, money, etc. I also saw a mod that allowed night vision anywhere but the link I had for that isn't working anymore.

Man, I leave for one day and I miss five insane trailers!

Those trailers were phenomenal! WOW!
I can't decide which one I liked best, and I wish I could rewatch them all completely new again. Just fantastic work from CDPR or whoever edited them together. Those gifs...

Blackheim said:

Eyyyz.png

Has it truly been four years since Witcher 1 came out? Damn, I didn't realize how quickly the years went.

At least, I have League of Legends to occupy my time until the unlocking.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Attackthebase said:
Has it truly been four years since Witcher 1 came out? Damn, I didn't realize how quickly the years went.

At least, I have League of Legends to occupy my time until the unlocking.

I'm trying to power through The Witcher 1 again before it launches, but it keeps crashing, so I uninstalled it. Hopefully a fresh install will fix it. But I don't have time for this! I only started the game last night. =(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Stahsky said:
I'm trying to power through The Witcher 1 again before it launches, but it keeps crashing, so I uninstalled it. Hopefully a fresh install will fix it. But I don't have time for this! I only started the game last night. =(

Yea the game is pretty buggy like that.

I had to lower all the graphical settings to make it stop crashing every 1 hour or so.

Can't stop watching that gamespot trailer. Music is gorgeous with it.
I really hope CDPR can get this on consoles and boost the number of players. It would be awesome if this showed up in lots of the goty lists.

Also, I got $50 in graduation money today...
Witcher 2 bought! Now I just need the rig. : (

Complistic

Stahsky said:

You did upgrade it to the enhanced editon right? I only ask because I played through the whole game recently 60ish hours total and it never crashed on me. Beside one time when I was alt + tabbing.

DarkChronic said:
Anyone have a good link for a bunch of cheat mods for TW1? Picked it up on gog (first time playing) and want to go through just to enjoy the story/characters/world without fussing with the combat.

Mainly looking for infinite health, money, etc. I also saw a mod that allowed night vision anywhere but the link I had for that isn't working anymore.

I don't know about mods but I'm sure there are trainers out there that can do a lot of what you want.

Complistic said:
You did upgrade it to the enhanced editon right? I only ask because I played through the whole game recently 60ish hours total and it never crashed on me. Beside one time when I was alt + tabbing.

EE crashed on me only during my marathon play sessions. Of course I'd have to reboot my PC after that happened since it would then just repeatedly crash if I repeatedly relaunch.

LastWindow said:
I don't know about mods but I'm sure there are trainers out there that can do a lot of what you want.

Ah, excellent! Didn't even know what trainers are but this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks mate!

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
The message at the end of the trailer was awesome! CDProjekt are awesome. Also, they almost confirm PS3 version (and hence consoles I guess) in that. Rejoice console owners!

kittoo said:
The message at the end of the trailer was awesome! CDProjekt are awesome. Also, they almost confirm PS3 version (and hence consoles I guess) in that. Rejoice console owners!
Take it with a grain of salt, obviously, but searching "the witcher 2" on gamespot brings up results on pc, 360, and ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom