• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThoseDeafMutes said:
I'm assuming my GTX 560 + i5 2500 will slay this game.
Probably, until you turn on the 'ubersampling' (what's in a name, I would have been all over this calling bullshit if this was something ubisoft or activision came up with ) it will bend your GPU over screaming 'bite the pillow I'm going in dry'.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Tokubetsu said:
I belive it is but you can set your account to US and pay the dollar price (a back door the created mainly to please Australian customers).

But that wont help me :( As I said, its giving 2100Rs when the price here is always 999. :(

raphier

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
I belive it is but you can set your account to US and pay the dollar price (a back door the created mainly to please Australian customers).
That sucks, I had to pay 60$ here in Finland. I wish I waited to realize you could use the backdoor.

Binabik15

My pre-order purchase from TheHut was confirmed, so I guess´ll be charged soon and maybe it´ll be posted tomorrow, yay.

I´m quite jealous of my cousin´s bf, dude built himself a monster rig with a 6990, which cost almost as much as my whole pc (but I didn´t have to pay taxes, so had a 19% price reduction) But fuck that thing is loud. And Crysis 2 doesn´t work properly for him, so I get better perfomance with my 5850, bwahaha. Is in IT and can´t handle setting up a dual-GPU, oh my.

kittoo said:
But that wont help me :( As I said, its giving 2100Rs when the price here is always 999. :(
Answer: move to australia!

Do you have any friends in the area that you could get to try it on their accounts?
I wouldn't think it should be a problem.

Does gog have gifting options?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
kittoo said:

999Rs would only be around 22 USD, that cant be all you pay for new full price games. 2100Rs must be right since thats about 46 USD and what everyone else is paying more or less.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Typographenia said:
Answer: move to australia!

Do you have any friends in the area that you could get to try it on their accounts?
I wouldn't think it should be a problem.

Does gog have gifting options?

Never thought Australia would beat us for price but :(

Never used GoG. No idea if it has gifting options.

Enduin said:
999Rs would only be around 22 USD, that cant be all you pay for new full price games. 2100Rs must be right since thats about 46 USD and what everyone else is paying more or less.

Yupe. Thats the price in India. You have to factor in the standards of living dont you? For example here a teacher earns some 20000Rs per month, about $400. Compare it to US or Aus. Then things are cheaper here for the most part so it evens out.

Check out the site- http://intencity.in
see the PC prices. Thats how we roll here.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
kittoo said:
Yupe. Thats the price in India. You have to factor in the standards of living dont you? For example here a teacher earns some 20000Rs per month, about $400. Compare it to US or Aus. Then things are cheaper here for the most part so it evens out.

Check out the site- http://intencity.in
see the PC prices. Thats how we roll here.

Crazy, I knew standards of living factored in to a degree, but 50% shit. I already thought games were too pricey and needed to come down to a more manageable and consumable price but this really puts me over the edge.

Also If I had to guess CD Projekt might not be playing that and 2100Rs is how theyre gonna roll in India.

Detox

Wow, those games are super cheap, some enterprising Indians needs to open a site that sells the keys for these games. That site sells Portal 2 for around £8 which is something like $13.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Enduin said:
Crazy, I knew standards of living factored in to a degree, but 50% shit. I already thought games were too pricey and needed to come down to a more manageable and consumable price but this really puts me over the edge.

Also If I had to guess CD Projekt might not be playing that and 2100Rs is how theyre gonna roll in India.

Yeah I guess CDProjekt thought eh fuck that we are not going to do that.

I think it was EA that started selling cheaper here and then everyone else followed. I personally think its nice and should be done in developing countries. Its more on level with the living standards and salaries and also helps curb piracy.

KKRT00

Enduin said:
http://www.ultima.pl/wied_min_2_zabojcy_krolow_pl/i9653/

And 89PLN is about 33$ and i've got about 7 minutes on foot to this store ;p
BTW its not the cheapest price and all PC games cost like that [consoles games unfortunately not ;\]

Oh and there's promotion right now on Ubishop where HAWX 2 costs 35PLN [12$] and HAWX 1 10PLN [3,5$]

Peterthumpa

Oh my GOD, I think there's a possibility that I'll be changing my videocard from today to tomorrow... from a 5870 to a GTX 580.

DAT GRAPHICS @ max.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Luthos said:
Guys, guys....

only 2 more days... @_@

Only two more days for me to finish The Witcher 1 again. I will be victorious. (I started friday night)

Where are you guys buying this from?

I'm tempted to get in steam because I like having all my stuff on the one system, but I heard GOG will make the developers more money?

sflufan

Banned
Sir Hamish said:
Where are you guys buying this from?

I'm tempted to get in steam because I like having all my stuff on the one system, but I heard GOG will make the developers more money?

Buying from GOG means that CDP will get 100% of the revenue as opposed to an estimated 70% of the revenue if purchased from Steam or another digital download service.

For myself, I'm getting the $130 uber edition from Amazon.

sflufan said:
Buying from GOG means that CDP will get 100% of the revenue as opposed to an estimated 70% of the revenue if purchased from Steam or another digital download service.

For myself, I'm getting the $130 uber edition from Amazon.

Thanks. GOG it is then.

felipepl said:
Oh my GOD, I think there's a possibility that I'll be changing my videocard from today to tomorrow... from a 5870 to a GTX 580.

DAT GRAPHICS @ max.
I only have a meager 5850 :,(. Send me your dusty old 5870 if you don't need it anymore.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I should be doing hw said:
I only have a meager 5850 :,(. Send me your dusty old 5870 if you don't need it anymore.

Forget that Ill take it and chuck my 4890. Ill be sure to give it a loving home with lots of care and affection.

Darklord

Banned
Looks like I have 2 copies now. I bought the GOG unedited version and canceled my other copy. They wouldn't cancel it though. :\

Also, what do I do with the files I downloaded off GOG? They are just 2GB files, when the final bit comes out does it join them all together?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Fox318 said:
They might have preload on Monday night.

That'll go off without a hitch for sure. Nothing like 20 thousand people all downloading 16 gigs 12 hours before the game releases. Im really glad I got the game off GoG even though I really like having all my games off Steam, but I felt the need to give CD Projekt more of my monies.

pahamrick

Darklord said:
Looks like I have 2 copies now. I bought the GOG unedited version and canceled my other copy. They wouldn't cancel it though. :\

Also, what do I do with the files I downloaded off GOG? They are just 2GB files, when the final bit comes out does it join them all together?

Nope, once you get the remaining files you can just install from those 2GB files. GoG has their own custom installer, judging from the Witcher 1 GoG version.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
felipepl said:
Decisions, decisions...

And the worst part is, I never learned how to read...If that helps.

wayne+campbell.jpeg

It was either that Wayne's World reference or this one from Dont be a Menace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxWJd3w3QPs

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Darklord said:

Are you willing to sell the other copy? For how much? Damn I need a cheap copy of this game :(
College is expensive, and MBA college even worse. Also, I have been spoiled by cheaper prices.

Gigglepoo

Salaadin said:
Is there a review embargo for this? If so, when is that up?
Im curious to know if we will be getting reviews tomorrow.

You won't be seeing a GameSpot review tomorrow. As of Friday, we hadn't received a copy of the game yet. There's a chance we're going to have to wait until Tuesday morning to play the finished game, just like everyone else. Madness!

Salaadin

felipepl said:

DAT GRAPHICS @ max.

If youre selling the 5870, I might be interested depending on the price.
Then again, I was going to upgrade when the next AMD line launches so I might be better off waiting. My brother is looking to upgrade right now though, hmmmm...

Is this old? Looks like destructoid followed up with The Women of TW2 and The Men of TW2 with The Monsters of TW2

EDIT:
Gigglepoo said:
You won't be seeing a GameSpot review tomorrow. As of Friday, we hadn't received a copy of the game yet. There's a chance we're going to have to wait until Tuesday morning to play the finished game, just like everyone else. Madness!
Really? That sucks, I wonder if the other websites got it yet, I was at least hoping to get some benchmarks or something tomorrow to help ease the final day wait :(

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Salaadin said:
If youre selling the 5870, I might be interested depending on the price.
Then again, I was going to upgrade when the next AMD line launches so I might be better off waiting. My brother is looking to upgrade right now though, hmmmm...

Is this old? Looks like destructoid followed up with The Women of TW2 and The Men of TW2 with The Monsters of TW2

Crapadocia that Harpy is some freaky shit.

Harpy02-620x.jpg

Kyaw

Did anyone find the crypts and dungeons scary in Witcher 1? They were dark without cat potion and monsters just pop out right in front of you. Gave me a few jumps.

Exuro

bengraven said:
I'm assuming the GAFfer who said Steam would have a preload was misreading/mistranslating. Just as I thought.
Misinformation if anything. Dev spoke in english and gave a clear answer.

graywolf323

hopefully my laptop will be able to run it well

Gateway P-7805u FX Running Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 (6M Cache, 3.06 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333 (4GB x 2) | Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS 1GB DDR-3 | 17" WUXGA 1920x1200 | 1x Seagate Momentus 500GB 7200 rpm & 1x Western Digital Scorpio Blue 640GB 5400 rpm

and my graphics card can do up to 4GB shared

Darklord

Banned
kittoo said:
Are you willing to sell the other copy? For how much? Damn I need a cheap copy of this game :(
College is expensive, and MBA college even worse. Also, I have been spoiled by cheaper prices.

I could. I only bought it for $36AU but that's 1700 Rupee. You said you only pay 999 for games there? Holy shit. A normal priced game in Australia is $89 which is 4,218.12INR. I could sell it to you for a better price than GOG but the international shipping might cancel out any savings.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Darklord said:
I could. I only bought it for $36AU but that's 1700 Rupee. You said you only pay 999 for games there? Holy shit. A normal priced game in Australia is $89 which is 4,218.12INR. I could sell it to you for a better price than GOG but the international shipping might cancel out any savings.

Yeah considering that you bought it for 36AU, adding international shipping will make it equivalent to GoG or Steam version. Thanks for the offer mate.
I guess I will go with the GoG version if i cant find anything cheaper within a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom