• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

Fox318 said:
Play the Gog game you got for free.

That is a good point. Got Divine Divinity but i haven't had a chance to play games properly this weekend yet.

I like to wait for a long stretch of free time to play games. Sort of a good and a bad habit.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Fox318 said:
Play the Gog game you got for free.

:'( I'm filled with shame ( didn't order off GoG ).

On an another note. Is this shot doctored somehow ? It looks sublime while still obviously being a "non-bullshot".

48rmri.jpg

Kyaw

Its not doctored by any means. If anything it has terrible jpeg compression.
Taken directly from the preview build i believe.

Corky

Kyaw said:
Its not doctored by any means. If anything it has terrible jpeg compression.
Taken directly from the preview build i believe.

*Drool*

At a cursory glance the rain effects and subtle depth of field really made it look like concept art.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me play this game without any technical jank, drivers/sli-profiles/pc voodoo demons/etc

pahamrick

Corky said:
*Drool*

At a cursory glance the rain effects and subtle depth of field really made it look like concept art.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me play this game without any technical jank, drivers/sli-profiles/pc voodoo demons/etc

From what I understand nVidia have been working with CD Projekt for a few months now, and a SLI profile is already included in the recent driver release.

Us ATI folks on the other hand, no crossfire profile yet that I could find. Hopefully one of the two generic AFR profiles or some other profile will give decent scaling and no graphical glitches until ATI release an official Witcher 2 profile.

Minsc

Gold Member
Corky said:
*Drool*

Did you see the shot I posted here and doubly so here? Drool indeed.

pahamrick said:
Us ATI folks on the other hand, no crossfire profile yet that I could find. Hopefully one of the two generic AFR profiles or some other profile will give decent scaling and no graphical glitches until ATI release an official Witcher 2 profile.

I posted a link to a build that was rumored to have it a while ago, never heard from anyone, did you look in to that? It was like the most recent CF thingy v3, but that was over a week ago like I said.

Corky

pahamrick said:
From what I understand nVidia have been working with CD Projekt for a few months now, and a SLI profile is already included in the recent driver release.

yeah man here's hoping w2 turns out to not only be free of jank but also well optimized ( not in the scalability sense per se but rather that one certain setting won't make your pc to blow up for some bizarre reason )

jett

D-Member
Corky said:
:'( I'm filled with shame ( didn't order off GoG ).

On an another note. Is this shot doctored somehow ? It looks sublime while still obviously being a "non-bullshot".

http://h-5.abload.de/img/48rmri.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks downsampled from a higher resolution.

pahamrick

Minsc said:
I posted a link to a build that was rumored to have it a while ago, never heard from anyone, did you look in to that? It was like the most recent CF thingy v3, but that was over a week ago like I said.

I missed the link, but I was looking into the release notes for all the CAP Profiles released since last October and didn't see any mention of Witcher 2. So if it was added, it was sneaked it in with no official confirmation.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I am in a race against time. I have my new PC sitting in parts right now, ready to be put together contingent on my backing up of my HD before moving it. All so I can play this at super-sexy everything. I started the backup last night. It's at 36 percent.

Will I make it in time for release day???

Weenerz

Banned
The Witcher 2 pre-orderers from Steam that aren't fans of but still own TF2, what do you play on doing with the TF2 items, anyone want to give them to me? :p

Exuro

Weenerz said:
The Witcher 2 pre-orderers from Steam that aren't fans of but still own TF2, what do you play on doing with the TF2 items, anyone want to give them to me? :p
They're genuine so I doubt you can trade them. They should be added to the drop list though so you can get the regular version.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I know you guys hate these types of questions, but I'm honestly stumped as to how my PC should be able to run this game:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+ @ 2.9 GHz
ATI HD Radeon 4670 1GB
4GB DDR2 667 RAM

As you can see, very middle-of-the-road... Any guesses?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Exuro said:
They're genuine so I doubt you can trade them. They should be added to the drop list though so you can get the regular version.

Yep, i just checked. They are not tradeable.

Zzoram

MrOogieBoogie said:
I know you guys hate these types of questions, but I'm honestly stumped as to how my PC should be able to run this game:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+ @ 2.9 GHz
ATI HD Radeon 4670 1GB
4GB DDR2 667 RAM

As you can see, very middle-of-the-road... Any guesses?

It'll run, not sure how well though. Probably medium-ish, 0xAA, if you don't go above 1680x1050.

Corky

WanderingWind said:
I am in a race against time. I have my new PC sitting in parts right now, ready to be put together contingent on my backing up of my HD before moving it. All so I can play this at super-sexy everything. I started the backup last night. It's at 36 percent.

Will I make it in time for release day???

Speed 4 : The Harddrive, deadly bytes.

Ceebs

Exuro said:
They usually make them tradeable once the game releases.

Not that it matters at this point...but I'm concerned that the early reviews have said that the ending isn't satisfying...What really made the Witcher great in my mind was the ending. Up until the big twist, the game was just good IMO. It would be really disappointing to me if the game didn't end on such a high note as the original did.

Gully State said:
Not that it matters at this point...but I'm concerned that the early reviews have said that the ending isn't satisfying...What really made the Witcher great in my mind was the ending. Up until the big twist, the game was just good IMO. It would be really disappointing to me if the game didn't end on such a high note as the original did.
Isn't it supposed to have 16 unique endings? Maybe the few reviewers stumbled upon the least interesting ones?

abunai

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I just finished. First full week off. Feels so good. Good luck to you. I know it would be tough for me!

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to doing nothing all summer, especially after this semester ;_;

I'm gonna be drawing Yrden signs instead of Fischer projections of carbohydrates D:

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
L0st Id3ntity said:
Isn't it supposed to have 16 unique endings? Maybe the few reviewers stumbled upon the least interesting ones?

Holy shit, it's true. Just looked it up. That is insane. The Witcher had 3 different endings.

Also, this is new to me.

L3nYf.png

HYPE!

L0st Id3ntity said:
16 endings, but they're not unique. Some of them are as small as which people are present in the ending. They've described it before as 16 states of the world, so don't expect massive differences. The path to get to the ending will probably be the bigger difference.

As for the ending being disappointing, that's unfortunately pretty common in games. Witcher was one of the exceptions.

Here's an old Eurogamer quote to clarify it:

"What is an ending?" he said. "In some games the ending is the final cut-scene, the summary. In The Witcher 2, political things are more important than they were in the first one. It's still action-packed and there is the story of Geralt, but it's a broader game. We go to a lot of different places. We see kingdoms clashing. It's more epic in scale.
"If it is that epic and the game is non-linear, then we thought, these choices have to affect how these kingdoms clash.
"We like to say we have 16 states of the world that you have at the end of The Witcher 2. It's not like 16 different cut-scenes. The last chapter, there is a big summary of what you have accomplished in the game. You will get that. You will see results of some early choices from hours of gameplay past.

Just come out already dammit.

I am typing this on a virtual keyboard because mine broke .

goddang those shots. well , actually EVERY shot of this game !

Guys, in the Witcher 2 are you able to customize your character? Like buy new swords, clothes and cloaks, armor, weapons, etc? Also, is there a toolkit and will there be Elder Scrolls style mod support for the game?

Exuro

AppleSmack said:
Guys, in the Witcher 2 are you able to customize your character? Like buy new swords, clothes and cloaks, armor, weapons, etc? Also, is there a toolkit and will there be Elder Scrolls style mod support for the game?
There are various armors and weapons but you're only a Witcher, so no classes. As for an SDK i don't think they've said that much about it.

Kyaw

You do get the choice to focus in swordfighting or magic. But each mechanic compliment each other rather than a solitary role.

Sethos

Banned
Exuro said:
There are various armors and weapons but you're only a Witcher, so no classes. As for an SDK i don't think they've said that much about it.

No Witcher Engineer / Medic combo? Aww

Exuro said:

Alright, also does this game support a 4:3 resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom