• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Wow! I got one too! I can't wait! I'm surprised considering the only thing I said I'd do was put up a user review on GiantBomb, IGN, and here. Haha.

ironcreed

Banned
Wow! I got one too! I can't wait! I'm surprised considering the only thing I said I'd do was put up a user review on GiantBomb, IGN, and here. Haha.

That is basically what I said. I told them I was a 35 year old lifelong gamer who frequents high traffic forums, such as NeoGAF and Gamespot, and would be honored to review their game and share my view on it. I also went on to state how important I felt world of mouth from everyday real gamers is and how powerful it can be. Apparently they have the same opinion and that is why they are doing this. Now I am beginning to see why PC gamers hold CD Projekt RED in such high regard.

Xander51

Just got the email as well! Really excited to try out the Xbox version of the game. I hope it gets here in time for me to play it and review it before the launch on Tuesday.

ironcreed

Banned
Just got the email as well! Really excited to try out the Xbox version of the game. I hope it gets here in time for me to play it and review it before the launch on Tuesday.

Maybe we will get it by Monday... hopefully. Can't really sweat it either way, as it is free.

That is basically what I said. I told them I was a 35 year old lifelong gamer who frequents high traffic forums, such as NeoGAF and Gamespot, and would be honored to review their game and share my view on it. I also went on to state how important I felt world of mouth from everyday real gamers is and how powerful it can be. Apparently they have the same opinion and that is why they are doing this. Now I am beginning to see why PC gamers hold CD Projekt RED in such high regard.

Wait.. CDPR did this? Holy shit, that's incredible. This is NEWS!

Honestly, CDPR... you're quickly becoming my favorite dev... and thus far, you're my favorite RPG dev (sorry Blizz, you got knocked the fuck out for your decisions these past few years)

Witcher 2 was my GOTY '11... hands down. The game was absolutely gorgeous but that wasn't what did it for me. It was the story, the choices you make, and the characters... they all resonated with me. It was the first time in a LONG while that when I stopped playing the game (for work and class) I would just think about the world that Geralt lives...

VALVe, watch out! Here comes CDPR! (And if you know what's good for you.. you'll take them under your wing)

1332585967521.jpg

edit: I haven't played Arena yet... I didn't want to play 2.0 until Enhanced Edition came out for my second play through :) Dark mode and all!

The only thing is.. I wanna do different things this time round... such as
choose Roche over Iorveth...but I don't think I'll be able to... simply because: Roche sucks. Ioverth <3
Maybe I'll do everything but that :D

ironcreed

Banned
Wait.. CDPR did this? Holy shit, that's incredible. This is NEWS!

Honestly, CDPR... you're quickly becoming my favorite dev... and thus far, you're my favorite RPG dev (sorry Blizz, you got knocked the fuck out for your decisions these past few years)

Witcher 2 was my GOTY '11... hands down. The game was absolutely gorgeous but that wasn't what did it for me. It was the story, the choices you make, and the characters... they all resonated with me. It was the first time in a LONG while that when I stopped playing the game (for work and class) I would just think about the world that Geralt lives...

VALVe, watch out! Here comes CDPR! (And if you know what's good for you.. you'll take them under your wing)

1332585967521.jpg

Yes, they were choosing 1,000 gamers to receive a review copy for free just to write a review and share their opinions on social media outlets, forums, etc. Needless to say, I will be more than happy to.

Reave

Add me to the list of people who just got a free copy. Maybe it's because I'm Polish -- first time that's ever worked in my favor.

Nice little perk for my Tumblr blog, I'd say.

I love hearing about the things CDPR does, the free copies to players is just magnificent. The power of word of mouth is apparent, with examples like Demon's Souls at the top in my experience.

Can't wait for the new content, been playing the hell out of both games.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Hey peoples. Is the artbook with the 360 version the same as the PC one?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang, that's pretty cool that they're giving out "free" copies. I'd beg for one but my 360 is dead, but then again I'd love a Witcher 2 coaster to set my drinks on.

If I've not played the first one am I going to be completely lost? Is there some sort of 'previously on' feature?

The stories are really pretty separate. Only thing you'd be missing out on is some lore stuff, and if stuffs too confusing early on you can just wiki that shit in like ten minutes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The stories are really pretty separate. Only thing you'd be missing out on is some lore stuff, and if stuffs too confusing early on you can just wiki that shit in like ten minutes.

Yeah, and there are probably some videos out there that recap the plot. Google it.

ced

If I've not played the first one am I going to be completely lost? Is there some sort of 'previously on' feature?

Right from the OP:

Q. Since it will be asked a million times: should I play TW1 first?
A. Yes. It's a great RPG, and playing it will familiarize you with the lore and characters of The Witcher. That said, most of TW1's most important plotlines are self contained, so you should be fine as long as you watch a few recaps.

trw

Important bits from Witcher 1 that really adds to the experience in 2 and isn't mentioned enough in the video are in my opinion: The clues about the battle where you 'died' and the backstory about 'the hunt'. I find those to be such a big part of Geralts motivation and it seems like CDProject are setting up Witcher 3 to touch on those points in particular, at least I hope they will.

Natiko

Banned
I really want to check this game out but I already have a lot of games going right now. That Toys R Us deal is tempting though...

Arnie

God I'm so excited for this game, I've heard all the word of mouth, read the Eurogamer review and I'm just waiting on my copy from Amazon. With all this talk about how great CDProjekt are I'm glad I opted for one of the signed launch copies.

I'm gonna jack my Astros up, relax into a comfy chair and enjoy some gaming bliss.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wow, have to say that is super awesome of CDPR to do that review giveaway. Probably end up pretty effective too. Got the dark edition coming my way!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any exhaustive lists online that detail all the changes/new quests/story points added to the Enhanced Edition ?

Thanks. Interested to see this. A bit underwhelming, actually, but it would have been amazing if they had kept the initial price point. Will be great with my Gamestop keychain to pair with it. Sucks that I had to pay Gamestop to get it, but I can deal. There PC digital deals have won me over a bit in the last few weeks.

I didn't bother filling out a review request, I thought they wanted people with real sites. Oh well, I mostly just bought the 360 version for the Dark Edition, and I guess I will pressure my 360, non-master race friends to borrow and give it a try. Master Race only for me.

LEGGZZZZ

The Hyped has now fully engulfed me. Been waiting to play this game since last year (360 owner) and reading the reviews about how choices really matter, how well written the game is, and out great the story is has brought the hyped to maximum levels. Doesn't help that there's a new season of Game of Thrones out either. This going to be a LONG wait til Tuesday....

Man.. I'm so excited :) It feels so good to be getting this entire update... for free.

Seriously, CDPR.. when will you cease to amaze? (never I hope)

Now... I continue to dream about original Witcher ported over into Witcher 2's engine..

Really want to play the original but was not feeling the combat system what-so-ever

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Anyone know the differences between the two artbooks? The PC CE one and 360 one?

Hawk SE

I just got this:

I am quite pleased and a bit surprised. Now I have to replay it on my PC and on my 360. Life is so tough.

I am one of you as well. I am 1 of 1000 selected to review this. (I normally review games for my site, so I guess it was an easy convincing?)

Top Bottom