• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Drewfonse

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Question: the game's replayability is much praised,which just warms my heart,, but how many of you who have beaten TW2 on PC wanted to dive back in almost immediately? Or at least within a couple of months of beating it.

The older I get, the more of an RPG gamer I become.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Question: the game's replayability is much praised,which just warms my heart,, but how many of you who have beaten TW2 on PC wanted to dive back in almost immediately? Or at least within a couple of months of beating it.

I wanted to jump back in and replay the game as soon as I finished it. I have since replayed it a second time and I am still eager to replay it a third time to see how the different choices would have effected the game.

Salaadin

Can't wait for Tuesday.

I played through it twice in 3 weeks

Question: the game's replayability is much praised,which just warms my heart,, but how many of you who have beaten TW2 on PC wanted to dive back in almost immediately?
I finished my first play through late one night and started up the second play through the next day.

Moaradin

I held off on replaying it, but glad I did. Been almost a year since I last played it and now with all this new content, it will almost be a whole new experience.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

After I beat the game I immediately started again to play through the other path, and I'm glad I did. I don't plan on playing the game again with this new content until a few months before Witcher 3 though.

Zeliard

I held off on replaying it, but glad I did. Been almost a year since I last played it and now with all this new content, it will almost be a whole new experience.

Ditto. I always take a good break before replaying major RPGs. When I do play them again it often feels like a fresh experience. Oftentimes I install mods that didn't exist around release time, and in this case, the devs are doing all the work. :p

ShogunX

Wasn't really feeling the default Camera setup with the auto rotate on the X and Y axis. Un-ticked both and it feels more like Dark Souls in terms of camera control. Only problem is that I'm not sure how that will effect combat.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Basically immediately. It's not just that the game is fun, it's that there's so much legitimate weight to your decisions that you literally don't know how the experience will be shaped by choices different from your first playthrough. As Michael pointed out in our review, the entire second act is almost 100% different depending on a difficult choice at the end of Act I. You won't experience certain character perspectives, revelations, areas, and entire quest trees unless you play through both acts.

Or, to quote Michael:

Decision-making in The Witcher 2 is central to the experience, and utterly compelling for its moral quandaries. The game chooses not to spoon-feed the possible consequences to players but, rather, trusts them to make decisions based on the information at hand and their own moral and ethical assessments. Compared to a rigid, inhibiting morality system like that found in the Mass Effect series, The Witcher 2 is utterly liberating, with players able to sculpt their own version of Geralt without need for taking stock of statistics and rewards earned as a result of binary, prescribed acts of ‘good’ or ‘evil’. In other words, The Witcher 2 allows players to truly play a role and impact the story in an organic way. Fascinatingly, CD Projekt RED allows players to make decisions which impact the narrative on both a minor and major scale, with ramifications ranging from diverging dialogue trees to an entire middle section which differs drastically depending on a central, difficult decision which arises at the end of the first act. On one’s first play through the story, it is inevitable that players will miss entire plot threads and key environments , which provides considerable replay incentive on top of a game which already offers up a substantial experience which could last two-dozen hours the first time through.

Digoman

Immediately after. Without going into spoilers, in the original version you will miss 1/3 or more of the content playing only one time, and to it's credit, the game made me really want to replay and "check the other side".

Waiting for the release of the patch here to play it again, and really envious of the people playing it for the first time.... such a good game.

Ciastek3214

Salaadin

Really stoked about this game. Never played the first one. Will I be alright story-wise Witcher vets?

Youll be ok but backstory couldnt hurt.
If you want some story background, read/watch these:

Plot summary
Ending CG cutscene that sets up The Witcher 2

Info on Geralt:
-Geralt character bio - read the beginning, the biography, the "In the Witcher computer game" section and the Journal entry right after The Witcher 1 info.
-This cutscene shows the striga battle they talk about in the Journal entry

Others (Only read the beginning, The Witcher 1 stuff, and The Witcher 1 Journal entries for these)
-Triss
-Dandelion
-Zoltan

None of that is required but it can be handy to know some of the background since they all appear in both games. Theres also a short story called "The Bounds of Reason" that has been fan translated. It has quite a few characters and plot points that directly tie into the story of The Witcher 2. Theres a summary of it HERE.

Tek

I never before done this...but I preordered this game due to the hype. I know hardly anything about this game other than it looks awesome, seems awesome and will be awesome.

I figure you PC guys know what you are talking about...so we see. Is Gamestop doing a midnight release for the game?

Fletcher

Youll be ok but backstory couldnt hurt.
If you want some story background, read/watch these:

Plot summary
Ending CG cutscene that sets up The Witcher 2

Info on Geralt:
-Geralt character bio - read the beginning, the biography, the "In the Witcher computer game" section and the Journal entry right after The Witcher 1 info.
-This cutscene shows the striga battle they talk about in the Journal entry

Others (Only read the beginning, The Witcher 1 stuff, and The Witcher 1 Journal entries for these)
-Triss
-Dandelion
-Zoltan

None of that is required but it can be handy to know some of the background since they all appear in both games. Theres also a short story called "The Bounds of Reason" that has been fan translated. It has quite a few characters and plot points that directly tie into the story of The Witcher 2. Theres a summary of it HERE.

Thanks, man!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I never before done this...but I preordered this game due to the hype. I know hardly anything about this game other than it looks awesome, seems awesome and will be awesome.

I figure you PC guys know what you are talking about...so we see. Is Gamestop doing a midnight release for the game?

I doubt Gamestop is doing anything as it is a year old release but I'm not in US so I don't know really.

Also I'm curious about changes in difficulty for console version...

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Been playing for about 2 hours now, having a blast and the combat has started to click with me, as I was fumbling around for a while.

Game looks amazing, and feels very smooth and no frame rate problems at all, really loving the atmosphere.

Time to have a ploughing good time!

iavi

I just got an email from CDPROJEKT saying I got one of the review copies they were giving out, and that it's been sent. I'm so hyped, it's not even funny.

TR2cc.gif

drAj4.png

Top Bottom