• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoje0308

Banned
I had the physical preordered, but when I found out no midnight I cancelled and got the digital so I can play tomorrow at 7est instead of 5pm on Tuesday (have to go afterwork to get it)

I got in on the steelbook deal from Best Buy, so that's the only thing preventing me from canceling and going digital. Getting it for $48 with a $10 GC helps too.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I had the physical preordered, but when I found out no midnight I cancelled and got the digital so I can play tomorrow at 7est instead of 5pm on Tuesday (have to go afterwork to get it)

Don't tempt me, man. I got the collector's edition coming in on the 20th and I am not up for this whole patience thing.

RDreamer

Man I'm excited for this.

Kind of miffed I didn't quite finish the books yet. I'm on the last one. Oh well, give me something to do when I'm separated from the game!

Spent the last few months playing through Witcher 1, then 2 twice, and reading the books. I'm so ready!

I don't think I've been this hyped on any game since probably MGS4.

antonz

Yipes.

GameStop CE showing Tuesday delivery for me

Amazon could not give me a reason as to why they wont deliver it on release day. All other versions even today can be delivered release day but the CE I have ordered since June of last year somehow cant. That is with 2 Amazon Warehouses within 20 minutes of me

metalhead79

Neo Member
Corsair H105/Kraken G10 mod went South yesterday and killed my R9 290. Thankfully, GMG is refunding my pre-purchase. Went to pre-order for PS4 from Best Buy but they were out of stock.
Thankfully Amazon had copies. Got my shipping confirmation a little while ago.

I had Steam Clouds Saves turned on for Witcehr 2. I bought Wticher 3 for GOG.

So I moved my saves from

<steam install folder>\userdata\<steam_id>\20920\remote

TO

My Computer\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves\
Cheers. I'm in the same position, but should have a copy of the saves backed up already anyway, since I use Gamesave Manager.

There's actually not a lot of information about it (I did see one mention of The Witcher 2 hunting for The Witcher 1 saves in My Documents, so figured it'd take the same approach) out there.

A wild |OT| (particularly the spoiler section - great idea there) but I see some typos or oversights that need to be amended.

In the FAQ section:

Q. Does delaying main missions have any consequences?
A. No, but ignoring certain side quests may have consequences - they could be good or bad so sometimes the better thing to do is to leave something alone, but if you're like me and I'm sure many of you are​
it just cuts off.

and in this section (in the first July 1270 log, below)
25bu8n.png
Professor is mistakenly spelled with two f's. But really, EatChildren's is a better catch-up due to it being more of a general overview. The one I quoted one won't help new players, and will only serve to jog returning players' memories.

I wonder what the chances are that Shani (from The Witcher 1) will show up in this game.
Regarding Shani's presence in Witcher 3:
She's not in it at all; it's been confirmed.

hemtae

I look forward to playing but I'll probably buy only when modding tools are released.

Hopefully this matches or surpasses Gothic 2.

Khayam

Banned
Hey guys, just read the whole first post. Question about Ciri : first post doesn't mention how she meets Geralt in the games and what's her story in the game. The only thing mentionned are from the books and I don't want to click on those spoilers.

So : how to get the games perspectives on everything Ciri related ?

Well, no one will accuse OP's OT of being insufficiently thorough, that's for sure.

Nice to read some background on Geralt's code - something the games haven't done much to address (perhaps to protect choice). I'm going to steer him toward a respect for nature, and a healthy dose of suspicion toward the motives and justifications of most humans.

Can't believe we're already here! The last couple of weeks have really dragged as I've got more hyped.

Hey guys, just read the whole first post. Question about Ciri : first post doesn't mention how she meets Geralt in the games and what's her story in the game. The only thing mentionned are from the books and I don't want to click on those spoilers.

She hasn't been in the games before TW3. I've played both but know as much as you do, really. She may have been mentioned once or twice briefly in TW1 and TW2, but nothing major. So I'm guessing TW3 will clear up any questions you have.

RyudBoy

Mad excited about this. Will plough through the XB1 version first and get all the achievements before I start on PC.

Khayam

Banned
She hasn't been in the games before TW3. I've played both but know as much as you do, really. She may have been mentioned once or twice briefly in TW1 and TW2, but nothing major. So I'm guessing TW3 will clear up any questions you have.

Okay, good ! For some reason, I was certain she popped up in TW2. Thanks !

She meets Geralt in the books, which come canonically before the game. Ciri's been out and about since the games started.

fatnastic OT!

game is locked and loaded on my SSD, just waiting for the unlock.

does anyone know how dense the game map is with things like caves, ruins and the like to explore? i know the map is huge, but im hoping there are a ton of places to sidetrack me, like in skyrim (as a for instance).

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Anyone know if the physical copies on PC need to be registered to gog galaxy or whatever? No mention of Steam, which I figured wouldn't be the case anyway.

A wild |OT| (particularly the spoiler section - great idea there) but I see some typos or oversights that need to be amended.

In the FAQ section:

A. No, but ignoring certain side quests may have consequences - they could be good or bad so sometimes the better thing to do is to leave something alone, but if you're like me and I'm sure many of you are​
it just cuts off.

and in this section (in the first July 1270 log, below)

Professor is mistakenly spelled with two f's. But really, EatChildren's is a better catch-up due to it being more of a general overview. The one I quoted one won't help new players, and will only serve to jog returning players' memories.

Regarding Shani's presence in Witcher 3:
She's not in it at all; it's been confirmed.

Thanks! I had been moving back and forth between image and text and I missed a few things. I'll fix them up.

I linked to EatChildren's video retrospectives under that text box thing which are far better than the image, but I'll put his image in the "Updates" part of the thread as an extra. Better to cover all bases.

tuxfool

Banned
Anyone know if the physical copies on PC need to be registered to gog galaxy or whatever? No mention of Steam, which I figured wouldn't be the case anyway.

They don't. But you will have to download the missing data from GOG (without an account).

You will need an account to download the dlc.

Khayam

Banned
Great first post, just wanted to mention some minor stuff. Answer to Question 12 seems incomplete :

A. No, but ignoring certain side quests may have consequences - they could be good or bad so sometimes the better thing to do is to leave something alone, but if you're like me and I'm sure many of you are

Well that's pretty much it I think.

Exentryk

You don't have to register it to GOG, but if you do so with a supplied code, you can get automatic updates etc. I think the physical copies will need to download a file to make the game run. This was a security measure so that the game doesn't leak. This file should be downloadable from their official forums, or other places. So if you don't want to use GOG, you don't have to.

I've ordered a physical copy as well, and plan to link mine up with GOG so it handles all the patches etc.

Tomorrow is going to be glorious. I'm going to walk home from work in the beautiful, 70-degree sunshine, grill steaks with my wife, then play TW3 the rest of the night while sitting on the couch with the dog cuddling in my lap.

96231-wind-blowing-Nicolas-Cage-hair-GPA9.gif

Tomorrow is going to be glorious. I'm going to walk home from work in the beautiful, 70-degree sunshine, grill steaks with my wife, then play TW3 the rest of the night while sitting on the couch with the dog cuddling in my lap.

Okay now I have to at least match this somehow but congrats at being a man who knows how to get shit done.

Daverid

While I can only speak of the first few hours, I feel the mission varied is great so far. Will see if that continues.

Cool, cheers. Hopefully it holds up. I guess there was a couple of reviews that said it wasn't until late-game where quests started to get repetitive and the pacing fluffed, but then other reviews disagreed. So we'll have to wait and see.

Sakura

Ordered with day 1 shipping off Amazon. Better be here on the 19th or else...
I have no idea what choices I made in Witcher 2.

Here's the most important question: has the "shove everybody aside as you walk by them" feature from TW1 returned? That never grew old.

Virdix

Amazon could not give me a reason as to why they wont deliver it on release day. All other versions even today can be delivered release day but the CE I have ordered since June of last year somehow cant. That is with 2 Amazon Warehouses within 20 minutes of me

They told me in an email it was because they were receiving the stock later than the normal games. At least, thats what I took from it.

Amazon said:
I've confirmed from our Marketing Department that, in this case we will be receiving some inventory of that item, "Witcher 3, The: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4" on May 20, 2015 and additional inventory on May 21, 2015.

And that is the reason why the delivery date assigned to your order was "May 21, 2015".

I hope you understand our limitations in this regard!

However to help you in receiving the order by May 20, 2015, I've upgraded the shipping method of that item to One-Day Shipping at no additional cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom