• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urthor

qq, do we have any insight into what the rules of Gwent are?

Really want something that can take the place of Pazaak in my heart.

Virdix

Amazon said:
I've confirmed from our Marketing Department that, in this case we will be receiving some inventory of that item, "Witcher 3, The: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4" on May 20, 2015 and additional inventory on May 21, 2015.

And that is the reason why the delivery date assigned to your order was "May 21, 2015".

I hope you understand our limitations in this regard!

However to help you in receiving the order by May 20, 2015, I've upgraded the shipping method of that item to One-Day Shipping at no additional cost.

The "girl with ashen hair" I assume ? Thanks for the link. There's so much information in there, it's frightening for people like me who skipped both games (played the first one up to Vizima I think).

Yeah, and he also refers to her by name at 1:09.

I wouldn't worry too much, CDPR knows this is going to be the first Witcher game for a LOT of people, so I'm sure they'll do a good job at letting you know everything you need to. Each of the games has a complex self contained plot that you won't need to understand, as well as the overarching connected plot that I'm sure TW3 will bring you up to speed on.

M.W.

I think I'm going to play from 4pm-8pm tomorrow, take a 2 hour break then dive in again from 10pm-1am...

Guh, I hate the wait.

Jealous of all of you playing tomorrow night. I have to wait until my GameStop opens at 10 AM on Tuesday to pick up the CE. At least I took the day off work!

Mifec

qq, do we have any insight into what the rules of Gwent are?

Really want something that can take the place of Pazaak in my heart.

Yes.

You make a faction deck with a set number of cards from that faction. There are a few factions.

You draw cards at the start of the game and that's your hand for the rest of the game except if you play cards that let you draw or play as the Northern Kingdoms faction where you draw an extra card each round.

Then you just have to populate the board with card which have numbers on them, your total has to be bigger than your enemies. If it is they lose a life and it goes to the next round. Each player has 2 lives.

There are 3 rows you can put cards in, short range, mid range and long range. There are cards that specifically reduce the numbers of cards in certain ranges, like rain, frost and so on.

Some cards have special abilities like you give the card to your opponent but you draw 2 new ones or if played next to the same card their power doubles.

Awesome OT! So refreshing after all the negativity surrounding the release, I've got my GOG Galaxy preloaded and I am ready!!

What difficuly is everyone playing on? I usually play games on "normal" or equivalent, but I'm thinking about playing this on hard because Ive heard that it's easy to out-level the main story by doing side quests...what are you guys gonna play on?

So very much in guys <3

Super excited. Will be a perfect time-filler until more MKX and Path of Exile expansion launch.

Should be arriving on my doorstep via Amazon after my early doctor's appointment on Tuesday--then all day gaming baby.

Khayam

Banned
Yeah, and he also refers to her by name at 1:09.

I wouldn't worry too much, CDPR knows this is going to be the first Witcher game for a LOT of people, so I'm sure they'll do a good job at letting you know everything you need to. Each of the games has a complex self contained plot that you won't need to understand, as well as the overarching connected plot that I'm sure TW3 will bring you up to speed on.

Thanks. One last nitpicking question :

He mentions her by "mysterious ashen hair girl" in the first memory and by her actual name in the second memory. Doesn't that mean something happened in between that makes him remember her name ? Maybe just casual talking with Triss who told him "oh, that was Ciri" when he told her what he remembered ?

Exentryk

What difficuly is everyone playing on? I usually play games on "normal" or equivalent, but I'm thinking about playing this on hard because I e heard that it's easy to out-level the main story by doing side quests...what are you guys gonna play on?

Going to start with Death March. And then change accordingly depending on how much I like the battle system.

Awesome OT! So refreshing after all the negativity surrounding the release, I've got my GOG Galaxy presided and I am ready!!

What difficuly is everyone playing on? I usually play games on "normal" or equivalent, but I'm thinking about playing this on hard because I e heard that it's easy to out-level the main story by doing side quests...what are you guys gonna play on?

Ideally I'd want to start out on the hardest(BBaBM? I think it's called), but I know there will be frustrating encounters and I don't know if I want to deal with that the first time around. I will be going for the platinum trophy so I will be playing it on the hardest difficulty regardless.

mooksoup

t1431990000z4.png

Is this countdown for the Playstation digital release also?

ugh i get so confused trying to work out these things.

The countdown on my PS4 in Australia has it unlocking at 12am AEST
That's just over 12 hours..not May 19th, 9 AM AEST.

woen

Awesome OT! So refreshing after all the negativity surrounding the release, I've got my GOG Galaxy presided and I am ready!!

I'm gonna try Hard. Easy is godmode, Normal seems easy (your health auto refill) and Hardest will be too punishing for me. If it's too easy or too hard I can change difficulty anytime I want so!

Thanks. One last nitpicking question :

He mentions her by "mysterious ashen hair girl" in the first memory and by her actual name in the second memory. Doesn't that mean something happened in between that makes him remember her name ? Maybe just casual talking with Triss who told him "oh, that was Ciri" when he told her what he remembered ?

That scene is narrated by two people. Geralt calls her Ciri, the first part was Roach (I believe) speaking. Roach was saying what he had heard about what happened which helped jog Geralt's memory (and which is why he calls her a "mysterious ashen hair girl", Roach didn't know who she was).

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
What is gog's return policy like? Especially for a game like this. I've only bought from them once I believe.

viveks86

That's odd. It's a global simultaneous launch afaik

The Aus release should be 9AM AEST. At least that's what I expect anyway. I'll be picking up my CE from stores at 9AM tomorrow.

Actually, if anyone hasn't bought the game yet I'll have a CE key available because I bought the physical CE and the Steam version so I've got a key to get rid of.

Do we know if the PC physical copy is a GOG code?

Mifec

The Aus release should be 9AM AEST. At least that's what I expect anyway. I'll be picking up my CE from stores at 9AM tomorrow.

Actually, if anyone hasn't bought the game yet I'll have a CE key available because I bought the physical CE and the Steam version so I've got a key to get rid of.

It's a gog code yes, but you don't have to redeem it.

KAP151

Got 3 days off.

Pick up Witcher first thing. Take it home install/update.

Go and watch Mad Max with the wife.

Come home and let the madness begin.

Cant wait.

Leeness

Sigh...I want to get this but I don't think I'll be able to. My PSN is totally fucked and I've tried all the "fixes" given so far.

Have fun y'all. :(

I'm about 10 hours in, and I'm still in the first zone after the prologue. That zone alone is massive with a fuckton of small towns and places to explore. This game is going to take forever to finish.

mooksoup

That's odd. It's a global simultaneous launch afaik

Ok thanks. Yeah probably just the PS4 counter being weird, not expecting it to actually unlock early.

I'm still going to check at midnight in some vain hope, naturally...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom