• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks. Yeah probably just the PS4 counter being weird, not expecting it to actually unlock early.

I'm still going to check at midnight in some vain hope, naturally...

Oh midnight would be the bees, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Well the thing is, you don't get the DLC and auto updates if you don't reg it, idk how much you care about those. If you still want to sell the code try the thread here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002170

Thanks thanks I didn't even know this existed! I bought the Game + Expansion pack on Steam and the collectors edition for the artbook, I'll be selling the rest of the stuff but I might keep the statue heh.

Khayam

Banned
That scene is narrated by two people. Geralt calls her Ciri, the first part was Roach (I believe) speaking. Roach was saying what he had heard about what happened which helped jog Geralt's memory (and which is why he calls her a "mysterious ashen hair girl", Roach didn't know who she was).

Ok, perfect ! Thank you very much :)

styl3s

So just so i don't get my hopes up and that my eyeballs are working properly.

GOG says this unlocks tomorrow at like 7pm and not tuesday, is this true?

played more than 10 hours in the first day, god this game is FUCKING HUGE

yesjacknicholson.gif
That's what I like to hear.

120v

i've been waiting for so long for an honest to god current-gen pc game (yeah, i know witcher 3 technically isn't the first, but whatever)...

too bad i can't take next week off. but i'll probably be playing it anyway... who needs sleep right

Mifec

So just so i don't get my hopes up and that my eyeballs are working properly.

GOG says this unlocks tomorrow at like 7pm and not tuesday, is this true?

Yes this is true. It unlocks at midnight Euro time so it's like the middle of the day for the US.

ODDI

FINALLY! Should get my PS4 this week with this game oh this is gonna be sooooo good I can feel it.

Amazing OT. Just put down my controller after a 6 hour stint on the game. Tis incredible. Going to have a hard time decided what my GOTY will be at this point if it continues to grab me the way it has.

Combat is much more refined than the Witcher 2 and really methodical. Feels janky if you try to mash your way to victory, as it should, so I am pleased.

As far as side quests go, a lot of them seem to have some really interesting stories and for the most part, all work to build the world. I haven't come across any meaningless fetch quests yet and if I have come across a fetch quest, it's come with some interesting back story, loot or characters.

Salaadin

So when this day 1 pc patch goes live, galaxy will auto check and download it? I'm hoping it goes up while I'm at work tomorrow and I come home to an updated game

Leeness

What's going on with your PSN ?

I can't sign in at all. Doesn't even think about it when I try, immediately says the service is unavailable.

Can't buy from the web store either, "we've encountered an error while processing your transaction".

:( I've tried rebooting my PS4 and my router. No dice.

Amazing OT. Just put down my controller after a 6 hour stint on the game. Tis incredible. Going to have a hard time decided what my GOTY will be at this point if it continues to grab me the way it has.

Combat is much more refined than the Witcher 2 and really methodical. Feels janky if you try to mash your way to victory, as it should, so I am pleased.

As far as side quests go, a lot of them seem to have some really interesting stories and for the most part, all work to build the world. I haven't come across any meaningless fetch quests yet and if I have come across a fetch quest, it's come with some interesting back story, loot or characters.

Impressive cdpr has been able to give so much attention to story with side quests, we need more wrpg devs using their approach. Thanks for your impressions, just more icing on the hype cake :)

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
The collector's edition doesn't come with any digital extras, right?

mhayze

Looking for opinions - since I haven't played the previous witcher games (I did watch the 'retrospective' videos in the OP), should I : randomly answer the questions that I believe the game asks if you start fresh, or should I use the save game from the OP?

This game and universe seems pretty compelling (if a little daunting in its depth), and if I like it as much as I expect,I may go back and play the first two, but that will probably be during a relative lull after I finish W3 and the content in House of Wolves. What do you guys think I should do for my W3 game session?

Crumbtiny

Amazon could not give me a reason as to why they wont deliver it on release day. All other versions even today can be delivered release day but the CE I have ordered since June of last year somehow cant. That is with 2 Amazon Warehouses within 20 minutes of me

This is good to know at least. I chatted with Amazon reps twice over the past few days and Wednesday was the best they could offer. Thought it was just my delivery getting delayed. Wish it wasn't the case, but glad I'm not the only one.

Kind of makes me want to just stick with Gamestop for future CE's though. I ordered mine last June as well.

Khayam

Banned
I can't sign in at all. Doesn't even think about it when I try, immediately says the service is unavailable.

Can't buy from the web store either, "we've encountered an error while processing your transaction".

Have you tried another payment option ? I had the same thing and tried paypal instead of credit card and it worked (event though my credit card info is correct).

Also, have you tried to turn off the PS4, turning it back on and going straight to the Store ? That's what I do when the Store fails to load.

Finally, it's a long a shot but try changing your password.

Corpekata

Banned
Looking for opinions - since I haven't played the previous witcher games (I did watch the 'retrospective' videos in the OP), should I : randomly answer the questions that I believe the game asks if you start fresh, or should I use the save game from the OP?

This game and universe seems pretty compelling (if a little daunting in its depth), and if I like it as much as I expect,I may go back and play the first two, but that will probably be during a relative lull after I finish W3 and the content in House of Wolves. What do you guys think I should do for my W3 game session?

It's a decent save file but the questions in the intro also include some expository stuff that might help you get better acclimated to the world. If you haven't played it before I'd probably just pick choices.

npa189

Preloaded and stoked for this one. W2 was so good and this just looks even better. Dat 5pm pacific unlock time! I can actually get a few hours in tomorrow, happy witchering everyone!

Vicarious

There is a problem with PSN I just called, though they say it will be resolved soon. It straight up removed all my payment options twice today, wouldn't let me re-add my credit card either. Hope they aren't getting hacked again :(.

Leeness

Have you tried another payment option ? I had the same thing and tried paypal instead of credit card and it worked (event though my credit card info is correct).

Also, have you tried to turn off the PS4, turning it back on and going straight to the Store ? That's what I do when the Store fails to load.

Finally, it's a long a shot but try changing your password.

I don't have a paypal. :/

I've turned the PS4 completely off and unplugged the system. I can't get to the store at all, because I can't sign into PSN in any way.

And it already forced a password change. :(

There is a problem with PSN I just called, though they say it will be resolved soon. It straight up removed all my payment options twice today, wouldn't let me re-add my credit card either. Hope they aren't getting hacked again :(.

Oh. Good to know it's not just me at least.

I should probably remove my card again lol, just in case.

In some Xbox One version footage there was an option to automatically decide a TW2 import's choices. I imagine it will be there at release, and seeing as you'll have no idea what it's all about anyways that may well be your best option. If ever you decide to play TW1/2, that's when you should import saves - CD Projekt does a good job of making save imports fun, but not required.

O man this unlocks at 7pm EDT tomorrow? Welp, guess I'm not finishing W2 before I move to W3. Good thing for the recap vids and the game save OP

I can't wait to sink my teeth into this, unfortunately, I'm travelling to Baltimore for 4 days starting tomorrow evening for work, so the wait continues for me.

Stiler

You lucky people with your bigger-then 128gb SSD's :(, I got to wait for release just to start my download since I only have 35gb free.

Wish steam didn't take 2x the d/l space for pre loads.

RoKKeR

Haven't been following any Witcher news in the past month to be fresh when going in, but damn this is a fantastic OP. Well done, might snag an avatar for launch week.

Panda Rin

I intentionally left all of my errands for tomorrow to fight through the last few hours.

Tomorrow night's gonna be glorious

hydruxo

That's my problem too. It's so frustrating.

Anung

Un Rama
Got this yesterday and have been playing it since I woke up this morning. Enjoying it immensely. The fact you can fail quests and can't just sit on them forever is going to kill my OCD though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom