• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Eusis

Yeah, guessing around level 15 (reached 14 here) is when the game gets too easy on B&BB if not DM too. Most encounters aren't a big deal for me so long as they're level appropriate, and those that do trash me tend to be OK with some tweaking and luck, one notable bandit encounter wrecked me because I was careless, then going back to them I opened with Enhanced Grapeshot and wrecked them quickly.

dedhead54

Only worth it if you're banking but to upgrade him completely you need like 30k total if not more.

Only reason I finished that quest is because
I did the money glitch for HoS and had like 750k to waste (which I'll waste in B&W)

Wow. Count me out. I could probably come up with 30k if I took everything out of my stash and sold it, along with all of the shit I am holding but not using.

Getting some iffy performance as of late. Started noticing a bit of stutter (are cutscenes 30fps..? Sometimes they are smooth and at other times they are full with stutters) in cutscenes and (surprisingly) indoors.

I also only run at 1600x900, so I guess that should give me some extra performance (but doesn't seem to be the case when compared to 1080p vids using the same card). I run pretty much everything on ultra, barring hairworks as well as shadows and foliage distance on high.

My specs are:
- MSI R9 390
- RM750x PSU
- 8GB RAM
- I5-6600

Dunno, but I'd think that I would be able to push 60fps if I just run it at 1600x900.

Respect

Playing through again, previous 2 times choose Yennfer, picked Triss this time and decided to provoke Yennfer at Kaer Morhen...

oops.gif

Zafir

Is there not a physical collectors box with the Gwent cards for PC this time? :/

I've kept checking GAME but all they've ever had up is the PS4 one, and well, I only have the game on PC. :X

Adry9

Just finished HoS at level 38 and I want to get to 39 so I can start B&W with the Viper set. Any tips to get some XP if I've already done all the quests?

Yeah, guessing around level 15 (reached 14 here) is when the game gets too easy on B&BB if not DM too. Most encounters aren't a big deal for me so long as they're level appropriate, and those that do trash me tend to be OK with some tweaking and luck, one notable bandit encounter wrecked me because I was careless, then going back to them I opened with Enhanced Grapeshot and wrecked them quickly.

Lv 15 on BB&B. My first Witcher game. Can confirm. I'm tempted to up the difficulty but I wonder if I can still get the BB&B if I end up upgrading then downgrading back.

Human enemies are ridiculously easy. Just Aard then walk to each of them and stab for a one hit kill. I can already lock enemies into a burning animation.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Just finished HoS at level 38 and I want to get to 39 so I can start B&W with the Viper set. Any tips to get some XP if I've already done all the quests?

I've been there. I ran around and looked for the unknown locations. Some small "quests" gave me upto 150 xp. I'll recommend to do that and enjoy the views along with it :)

X-Frame

I was in the same spot and what I did was I went to this place somewhere in the HoS areas that spawn these 3 huge Arachnid monsters, each a different type, and I think they were high enough level that I got XP from them each time. Then I would leave the area, meditate an hour, and kill them again. Didn't take very long before I hit 39.

I can't remember exactly where I was though, I'll look it up and report back.

NeoGiff

What's currently the most efficient way of making money? I'm sitting on 9k after finishing the main quest and HoS in NG+ (level 68), but I want to make sure I'm pretty strapped heading into Blood and Wine.

What's currently the most efficient way of making money? I'm sitting on 9k after finishing the main quest and HoS in NG+ (level 68), but I want to make sure I'm pretty strapped heading into Blood and Wine.

Smuggler's Caches in Skellige. There are 50 odd all over the map. They are the undiscovered markers on the water around the islands.

Auctopus

Damn dude, I've got HoS and Main Quest finished and I'm sitting at 900. How do people make so much money? Every merchant in the game has a combined float of like 20 gold.

I did a only HoS run recently and was amazed that they give the player 20k.

NeoGiff

Smuggler's Caches in Skellige. There are 50 odd all over the map. They are the undiscovered markers on the water around the islands.

Oh god. Thanks, but I think I'll pass.

Damn dude, I've got HoS and Main Quest finished and I'm sitting at 900. How do people make so much money? Every merchant in the game has a combined float of like 20 gold.

I did a only HoS run recently and was amazed that they give the player 20k.

After sinking all my money into the runesmith in NG, I didn't give him anything this time around, because I prefer playing without his buffs. I also sold all of my extraneous materials and my NG mastercrafted witcher gear and weapons.

There's also the money glitch where after an initial annoying preparation/set-up you can go from 9k to 1 million in a matter of an hour.

Hmm, I'll have to look this up. I doubt I'll need 1 million, though! Thanks.

I've kept checking GAME but all they've ever had up is the PS4 one, and well, I only have the game on PC. :X
Have you tried with Gamestop? Not sure about the UK, but it should be available there.

Hmm, I'll have to look this up. I doubt I'll need 1 million, though! Thanks.
If you are willing to use a glitch you might as well use the console and give yourself a reasonable amount of money :D

Roarer

So I want to buy and play both of the expansions, but I've last my main game save file in a harddrive failure a couple of months ago.

I know that there's an option to start a levelled up characters and jump right into the expansions, but are there any downsides to this? Do any of the choices from the main game carry over to the expansions?

I know that there's an option to start a levelled up characters and jump right into the expansions, but are there any downsides to this? Do any of the choices from the main game carry over to the expansions?
I believe not. You might be better off telling us what important choices you made (stuff like Yen or Triss) so that someone could upload one of their saves. For HoS it didn't matter, but I think it might come into play more with B&W.

Sai

How did you struggle with money? I always had plenty and didn't know what to spend on...
Yeah, I gotta echo this. Even before I started cashing in on all the Smugger's Caches all over Skellige, I had more than enough to purchase everything I needed, and then some. Probably would've had a lot more had I realized sooner that I didn't have to purchase all the different variety of Crossbow Bolts, since the ones you can pick up from Bandits and treasures/caches are more powerful.

I never bought any weapons or armor, save the ones that came with the Expansion Pass. Only crafted the Witcher gear, picked up everything else from Points of Interest.

I did end up using the White Orchard money glitch in the end, because funding the rune guy took almost everything I had, and I wanted enough for the house in Blood & Wine. But, again, probably would've had much more if not for the Crossbow Bolts, and I probably could've easily saved up that amount in Toussaint.

Playing through again, previous 2 times choose Yennfer, picked Triss this time and decided to provoke Yennfer at Kaer Morhen...

oops.gif

Haha if you're talking about the
teleport
scene, that may have been one of my absolute favorite moments in the game. Was not expecting it at all ^^

I believe not. You might be better off telling us what important choices you made (stuff like Yen or Triss) so that someone could upload one of their saves. For HoS it didn't matter, but I think it might come into play more with B&W.

There's different dialogue, only a few, depending of whether you've done the main campaign (or gotten far enough)
Yeah, I gotta echo this. Even before I started cashing in on all the Smugger's Caches all over Skellige, I had more than enough to purchase everything I needed, and then some. Probably would've had a lot more had I realized sooner that I didn't have to purchase all the different variety of Crossbow Bolts, since the ones you can pick up from Bandits and treasures/caches are more powerful.

I never bought any weapons or armor, save the ones that came with the Expansion Pass. Only crafted the Witcher gear, picked up everything else from Points of Interest.

I did end up using the White Orchard money glitch in the end, because funding the rune guy took almost everything I had, and I wanted enough for the house in Blood & Wine. But, again, probably would've had much more if not for the Crossbow Bolts, and I probably could've easily saved up that amount in Toussaint.
It's a pretty common complaint if some of you were doing just fine with money that's great for you, but I didn't spend ages looking through caches in skellige and had enough to upgrade my full Witcher armor and swords plus buy runes for them in NG, but by the end I had nothing left. Then here comes a whole new expansion with an expensive ass motherfucker who wants 30k G to do what he needs to do and I barely had 1k. So now came the dilemma of do I spend hundreds of hours searching through the maps for money, selling all of this shit that might be useful, and still not have enough for the upgrades AND the shit that we already know is gonna be expensive to do in B&W? Fuck that. I know I'm not the only one who had difficulty with it because I wasn't pouring hour after hour into exploring absolutely everything.

I mightve exaggerated with saying I struggled all throughout the game, which isn't true, but once I started to upgrade my armor near the last part I was then completely broke.

Adry9

I've been there. I ran around and looked for the unknown locations. Some small "quests" gave me upto 150 xp. I'll recommend to do that and enjoy the views along with it :)

I was in the same spot and what I did was I went to this place somewhere in the HoS areas that spawn these 3 huge Arachnid monsters, each a different type, and I think they were high enough level that I got XP from them each time. Then I would leave the area, meditate an hour, and kill them again. Didn't take very long before I hit 39.

I can't remember exactly where I was though, I'll look it up and report back.

Did that. Found the 3 Arachnids in one of the lasts unknown locations. Now I'm ready for Blood & Wine!

I wanna prepare for BaW so can someone point me towards all the
Vampire
quest lines and related things? Like when and where I can access them.

Coreda

Anyone have high resolution screenshots of the Venomous Viper swords? Can't find any online besides blurry Youtube videos, none of which even take them out of the sheath. Since crafting the Venom gear after sitting on the diagrams for ages I've come to like the armor and I'm considering replaying HoS mid-way if they match well.

Edit: installed the Debug Console Enabler for v1.12 and spawned them in to check. Took some 5k screenshots for the curious.

A few other questions:

• Is the Levity enchantment worth adding to enable light armor perks for medium armor? I've been using light armor exclusively the entire game and love the critical hit chance bonus from the ability tree perk but wondering if I'll miss anything particularly great about Medium.
  • I remember it commonly posted that that wearing all matching armor of particular Witcher school grants a bonus (apart from the inherent stats), yet I can't recall where it states that in game. Is this correct or was it simply referring to an all light/medium/heavy build?
  • What item/ability enables the 'Instant kill chance' as seen in the player stats within the Inventory screen? Found it. It's an ability called 'Deadly Precision' in the Defense column.

I'm in desperate need of some help. I was using the fast travel anywhere mod and because I never read about the mod properly I never realised that it corrupts your save file and you miss out on some very important quests and cannot progress the game any more. I have basically wasted 60 hours of play time.

Ouch. I wonder what other common mods can corrupt save files.

GAME is preparing to ship my Blood and Wine preorder apparently.

I think they unlisted it, I ordered a PC version from GAME.

My order is being prepared too. I got an email the other day saying they would start payment and getting it ready to ship. My bank went and blocked payment because of the Fraud protection system so had to place my order again. I was looking to get the PC version instead as I already actually have the expansion pass and I'm just ordering through game to get the cards but like you say they have unlisted it.

I missed the Viper Silver Sword... :(
it's poor that they only let you obtain it if you make a certain decision. Well, I think it was the silver sword. There is one you can only get if you
save Olgierd
. I felt that this ending is the best ending so picked it anyway.

CloudWolf

it's poor that they only let you obtain it if you make a certain decision. Well, I think it was the silver sword. There is one you can only get if you
save Olgierd
. I felt that this ending is the best ending so picked it anyway.

And even if you make that decision, it's still pretty easy to miss it. I ended up having to spawn it in with console commands.

The thing you mentioned about Nilfgaard, is another gripe of mine. Even though they're the invaders, they're basically the good guys, which is really weird if you've read the books or played TW2. They did some horrible things in the previous war, but this time it seems that they want to kill with kindness. If
Ciri becomes Empress
, everything is better. It doesn't go with the whole choice and consequence thing that the series has emphasized so much.

I'm very confused that in The Witcher 3 Emhyr is basically a hero, while he's clearly a terrible guy if you're familiar with the lore.

Coreda

I'm of two minds about a HoS re-play re obtaining the swords. I feel it's better to live with the decisions, but on the other hand one of the swords I specifically missed due to feeling pressure in the situation.

I considered spawning the diagrams only, seeing as the steel sword diagram can only be obtained if you
find it within the a specific loot crate after the Open Seasame
quest, while the silver has no in-world diagram. Not sure how I feel about it tbh as it's also nice to just 'let it be' for immersion's sake.

Ideally it would be great to see B&W include the diagrams. Not counting on it but we'll see. Perhaps some other attractive dark-styled swords will be included.

Edit: thanks to this post it's also possible to quasi-noclip during freecam by teleporting Geralt using 'X' on the controller (Square for DS4, unsure the KB equivalent). Or in RPG-friendly terms it's possible to 'negotiate' with the guards to gain access to the location again and grab one of the items.

TheKeyPit

Banned
And even if you make that decision, it's still pretty easy to miss it. I ended up having to spawn it in with console commands.

I'm very confused that in The Witcher 3 Emhyr is basically a hero, while he's clearly a terrible guy if you're familiar with the lore.

Really? Playing the game I thought that he's a dick and more like an asshole emperor than a hero emperor.

CloudWolf

Really? Playing the game I thought that he's a dick and more like an asshole emperor than a hero emperor.

Hero is maybe a bit strong, but he's portrayed as somewhat reasonable (he abdicates for Ciri for instance) and a better alternative to Radovid. Also, bringing Ciri to him triggers what may be considered the best ending for the world. In the previous Witcher lore he's way more dangerous than Radovid, indirectly murders thousands of people in search for Ciri
and is also a big fan of incest, which is why Geralt spends the books getting Ciri as far away from Emhyr as possible.

Hystzen

Came home to find GAME has delivered mine thankfully someone was in. Can't play B&W as only at ugly baby quest was hoping be ready by Tuesday.

Yeah the Emyr being not a total tool was a shock as expected him to be played up as a major villain but was sparingly used and Charles Dance nailed the lines .

Came home to find GAME has delivered mine thankfully someone was in. Can't play B&W as only at ugly baby quest was hoping be ready by Tuesday.

Yeah the Emyr being not a total tool was a shock as expected him to be played up as a major villain but was sparingly used and Charles Dance nailed the lines .

They've already delivered your physical edition??

Does it affect anything with Yen or Triss if you do Keira's romance storyline?

Nope. You can have sex with her. If she ends up back at Kaer Morhen she might say something to Yen or Triss although I'm not 100% sure on that. Yen/Triss are the most important romances. You need to pick 1 or the other (or none). Don't try get both of them. Remember once you say "I love you" then there is no going back.

Top Bottom