• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

I doubt I have completed "most" sidequests, but definitely quite a few. Despite wanting to do all the major sidequests (since they seem great), I don't know if I will. The game is so daunting in how much there is to do (and a lot of it being worthwhile content) lol.

Question about the two DLCs. Are there new areas to explore in them or did they just add quests to the existing areas? By "areas", I mean brand new locations on the map to explore like "Velen" or "Skellige".

Hearts of stone just adds new locations to the current map.
This will explain everything:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1123300

Here is a visual representation of the additions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3moyyl/witcher_3_hearts_of_stone_old_map_vs_new_map/

Blood and wine adds a new region.

Ohnonono

I have owned this for PS4 for a while and never actually played more than an hour of it because I realized how much time it was going to take. I think I am going to start putting my console time into it. See you in 3 years when I finish!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hearts of stone just adds new locations to the current map.
This will explain everything:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1123300

Here is a visual representation of the additions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3moyyl/witcher_3_hearts_of_stone_old_map_vs_new_map/

Blood and wine adds a new region.

HoS seems to expand the map somewhat and fill it in more, in several directions. Then Blood and Wine adds White Orchards which are off the main map?

I am still so conflicted on finishing this on PS4 after a several month hiatus, or rebuying on PC with all expansions and add some "comfort" and balance mods like leveling Witcher gear and whatnot and do it over in full still on the big TV. It's been so long I forgot most of it, so I would have a blast either way.

illusionary

HoS seems to expand the map somewhat and fill it in more, in several directions. Then Blood and Wine adds White Orchards which are off the main map?

I am still so conflicted on finishing this on PS4 after a several month hiatus, or rebuying on PC with all expansions and add some "comfort" and balance mods like leveling Witcher gear and whatnot and do it over in full still on the big TV. It's been so long I forgot most of it, so I would have a blast either way.

White Orchard is the first area of the game (after the tutorial sequence), rather than an addition with Blood and Wine. The new location with Blood and Wine is Toussaint.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Holy crap, crafting witcher gear gets expensive af once you get into superior +.

I spent all my gwent tournament winnings crafting superior cat and ursine armor and thats when I already had the mats ;_;

What's even worse is that dumb lady in Crow's Perch has 10k crowns now and she wont give me good prices on my epic armor to sell :(

Luxorek

What's even worse is that dumb lady in Crow's Perch has 10k crowns now and she wont give me good prices on my epic armor to sell :(

She will never buy your stuff for a good price. Part of the game's economy system, where merchants in No Man's Land simply pay less.

You can get the best prices in Novigrad - sell armor to the Armorer in Hierarch Square [next to pyres] and weapons to Hattori or any other Blacksmith there.

Fuchsdh

So I'm on Death March difficulty, done all the quests and side tasks in White Orchard, and now I'm in Velen... and every quest or random bandit I encounter is way higher in level than me. How the hell am I supposed to level up now?

What would be a good sign intensity for a hybrid sword/sign build? I currently have 156% with all grandmaster wolf gear but I feel like it's not a ton. I respeced into this build after getting kind of bored plowing through everything. My main signs are igni, yrden, and quen all through the alternates with the exception of exploding shield. I use euphoria and heightened tolerance to get at least 2 decoctions and some potions to raise my stats. I output a lot of damage (BaBB, enemy scaling) but wondered if I should focus on sign intensity at all

Playing on PC.

Is there anyway to turn off when you're in a blacksmith/shop menu that the mouse changes the menus? It's the most frustrating thing trying to get around.

BTW, should I be using a controller for the game? So far K+M has seemed fine.

And would appreciate any general advice, this is my first witcher game!

Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine don't interfere with anything with the main quest right? I'm currently lvl 32 and would like to start them and I'm on the
final preparations
quest of the main story line.

Does it matter if start up the expansion quests or should I finish the main story?

frontovik

Banned
If you want to naturally progress through the storyline, it's best to play the DLCs after you complete the main game.

However, the exception would be Hearts of Stone, as characters will acknowledge certain elements of the main storyline if you haven't finished it.

MartyStu

So is playing qwent a must? Some reason it pulls me out of the RPG part sometimes. like I just want to play ...

There are quests that require it, but overall you can ignore it if you do not mind missing some of those quests you should be fine.

If you are on PC, there are mods that allow you to skip it.

There are quests that require it, but overall you can ignore it if you do not mind missing some of those quests you should be fine.

If you are on PC, there are mods that allow you to skip it.

Huh? The only quests that require it in the base game at least are the gwent quests themselves.

Also it sucks so skip it.

Luxorek

tumblr_inline_nb7g077Eww1szk2us.gif

MartyStu

Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine don't interfere with anything with the main quest right? I'm currently lvl 32 and would like to start them and I'm on the
final preparations
quest of the main story line.

Does it matter if start up the expansion quests or should I finish the main story?

You should finish the main story before doing Blood and Wine, but mostly because it better fits, not because it would not work otherwise.

Do HoS whenever you can.

ParityBit

Well I missed one already without really thinking about it
Bloody Baron
. I had no idea it was a limited time sorta thing

WeTeHa

Well I missed one already without really thinking about it
Bloody Baron
. I had no idea it was a limited time sorta thing

You can pick up his card in his office after stuff happens. Doesn't matter which course you take through his quests, it'll always be on his desk in a little box along with a letter indicating further opponents. If it's not in the box check your deck, it might already be in there.

In hearts of stone, Im having a blast with watching Geralt
become possessed by a ghost during a wedding. Its amazing to see him be so... not Geralt.

Edit: Wow...
They fucked in a boat on a lake.

ParityBit

You can pick up his card in his office after stuff happens. Doesn't matter which course you take through his quests, it'll always be on his desk in a little box along with a letter indicating further opponents. If it's not in the box check your deck, it might already be in there.

What is the card name so I can know? I did get the list

Artdayne

Huh? The only quests that require it in the base game at least are the gwent quests themselves.

LOL really? Now you're saying Gwent sucks? I'm not sure if you've given it a fair shake or not but I know I didn't on my first three playthroughs. I finally decided to play it on my 4th and I absolutely love it. I mean, clearly it doesn't "suck" if there's enough interest in it to warrant a stand alone game.

ParityBit

So I am finding myself xp-ing too fast. I am level 15, but main quest is around level 10. I am doing pretty much every side quest I find and I hunt every '?' on the map. I am playing on the second highest difficulty too, but I have 8 points to spend and I just haven't really used them.

ParityBit

When/how should I get to
Kaer Morhen? I have a level 14 witcher gear quest there and I do not have it open to go to.
I am level 17.

Sometimes I wonder if I am doing something wrong.

I'm watching a stream rn and saw a quest I never did. Geralt is doing a quest with an npc and the npc says he's a freak. Geralt says he is too and thinking he's a werewolf says he knows things about lycanthropy and the guy is like no I'm gay.
That little bit of quest awkwardness is so good.

54-46!

Is there are spoiler free check list of sorts for each section of the game?

I've just started, about to fight the Griffin and I'm half expecting that to change the world state, so I've cleared all quests, undiscovered locations etc. Now I'm wondering if there's anything I should buy, craft or loot before I continue.

Luxorek

When/how should I get to
Kaer Morhen? I have a level 14 witcher gear quest there and I do not have it open to go to.
I am level 17.

Sometimes I wonder if I am doing something wrong.

Just follow the main questline in Velen and Novigrad. When you feel ready go to Skellige and meet up with Yennefer. A quest or two with her there will allow you to eventually reach Kaer Morhen. Don't worry about recommended levels or quests becoming "grey" if you overlevel - you won't have many problem with gaining experience.

Those wolven armor schematics can't be reached sooner unfortunately.

Is there are spoiler free check list of sorts for each section of the game?

I've just started, about to fight the Griffin and I'm half expecting that to change the world state, so I've cleared all quests, undiscovered locations etc. Now I'm wondering if there's anything I should buy, craft or loot before I continue.

There are no real world state changes unless the game specifically tells you, which will happen much later in the game. You can always do older quests up to that point.

I really feel there are so many things to see in a regular game that you don't have to worry about trying to see everything the first time through.

As I've been playing lately I've been starting to think about why TW2 was never ported to current gen. Especially since TW2 was ported to 360.

I mean there's just soooooo many big choices and story lines that carry over I'm just surprised they never did.

I never did finish the first Witcher though, how significant were the choices carried over in that game from 1 to 2?

I'm watching a stream rn and saw a quest I never did. Geralt is doing a quest with an npc and the npc says he's a freak. Geralt says he is too and thinking he's a werewolf says he knows things about lycanthropy and the guy is like no I'm gay.
That little bit of quest awkwardness is so good.
I thought that was a necessary quest from the start.
Thats, like, the first real quest I did in White orchard.

Can you not start NG+ from a NG+ save?

I've completed everything in the main game + both DLCs on NG+ and when I try to start another NG+ from that save it gives me the "finish the story" or whatever message.

I read around and saw that you have to start from a fresh save file instead of an overwritten one, but I did that as well and I still get the message.

???

Artdayne

As I've been playing lately I've been starting to think about why TW2 was never ported to current gen. Especially since TW2 was ported to 360.

I mean there's just soooooo many big choices and story lines that carry over I'm just surprised they never did.

I never did finish the first Witcher though, how significant were the choices carried over in that game from 1 to 2?

Do you mean why TW1 wasn't ported to current gen? They actually tried to do that at Atari's behest and it nearly bankrupt them. They ended up having to cut a lot of content from TW2 to get it out.

Do you mean why TW1 wasn't ported to current gen? They actually tried to do that at Atari's behest and it nearly bankrupt them. They ended up having to cut a lot of content from TW2 to get it out.

No I meant porting The Witcher 2 to current gen. I completely understand why they wouldn't do the first game due to technical reasons.

But 2 was ported to 360 and it was published by WB games.

Holy shit, freaking 5k gold for the enchanting start up costs -_-

Guess it's back to finishing up those smugglers cache's in Skellige for coin ;_;

Top Bottom