• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

I guess no one over at CD Projeckt thought, "Man, meditating seems like a decent point to autosave" or "Woah, these question marks on the map should autosave when you complete discover one of them." Nothing is worth the time I put into completing five of these motherfuckers only to have Quen disappear and get one-shotted by a Drowner.

Aside from that, Death March isn't as hard as I expected.

Skii

I think one of the quests I'm doing is glitched on me already...

The Temerian Valuables quest tells me to read the document for more information but once I do that, nothing happens. It just stays at that prompt rather than directing me to a new location. There isn't any details in the note itself. I might be missing something though.

I guess no one over at CD Projeckt thought, "Man, meditating seems like a decent point to autosave" or "Woah, these question marks on the map should autosave when you complete discover one of them." Nothing is worth the time I put into completing five of these motherfuckers only to have Quen disappear and get one-shotted by a Drowner.

Aside from that, Death March isn't as hard as I expected.

Pretty much , the option to save when meditating should be there.i wouldn't mind a prompt

Radec

:-(

Just got to the "Brothers in Arms" quest-line and
I automatically failed the Velen one and the others don't seem to have that many people to recruit. I don't mind being punished for past choices/decisions, but I want it to be at least foreseeable. I let Triss go knowing that might preclude getting her involved later on (that was pretty obvious), but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to turn Keira down after dinner not before in order to keep that possibility open. That one feels a little annoying because it seems like an issue of timing less than an issue of what my choice was.

There have been a couple quests like that where I "fail" the quest for turning someone down too early, because apparently you're supposed to accept an obviously sexual advance and then reject it later. And I don't exactly have any way of knowing if the game is going to interpret my choice to accept as "I want to accept your sexual offer" or "I just want this quest-line to continue to a point where I'll get credit/xp". Really frustrating that my only recourse is to save scum just to be sure that I'm making my choice in the weird way the game wants.

Make choices and never look back. Just like in real life.

Difference is you can get another shot next playthrough. :)

40 hours in and finally wrapping up most of the side quests in Novigrad before heading off to Skellige. There's a few side quests that I've leveled above and are now grayed out which I'll eventually just have to get used to.

This is probably the first game I've actively tried to seek out as many side quests as I can because everything about this world is so engaging and interesting. At this point I kind of just want to push through because I don't have all the time in the world to play games anymore and I really want to see how this game wraps up.

It's been a blast from the start though. This honestly might be one of the best games I've ever played.

40 hours in and finally wrapping up most of the side quests in Novigrad before heading off to Skellige. There's a few side quests that I've leveled above and are now grayed out which I'll eventually just have to get used to.

This is probably the first game I've actively tried to seek out as many side quests as I can because everything about this world is so engaging and interesting. At this point I kind of just want to push through because I don't have all the time in the world to play games anymore and I really want to see how this game wraps up.

It's been a blast from the start though. This honestly might be one of the best games I've ever played.

Don't even try to push, you'll get burned out. Even if you stick to main quests you're probably like 30 hours from the end.

i think if you start to rush the "why won't this game just end!" feeling creeps in pretty easily. It's just such a massive massive game.

I usually play some gwent for a few hours in between massive story-heavy sessions . Really good palette cleanse activity.

Take your time.

:-(

Just got to the "Brothers in Arms" quest-line and
I automatically failed the Velen one and the others don't seem to have that many people to recruit. I don't mind being punished for past choices/decisions, but I want it to be at least foreseeable. I let Triss go knowing that might preclude getting her involved later on (that was pretty obvious), but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to turn Keira down after dinner not before in order to keep that possibility open. That one feels a little annoying because it seems like an issue of timing less than an issue of what my choice was.

There have been a couple quests like that where I "fail" the quest for turning someone down too early, because apparently you're supposed to accept an obviously sexual advance and then reject it later. And I don't exactly have any way of knowing if the game is going to interpret my choice to accept as "I want to accept your sexual offer" or "I just want this quest-line to continue to a point where I'll get credit/xp". Really frustrating that my only recourse is to save scum just to be sure that I'm making my choice in the weird way the game wants.

That's the hallmark of the series, that you can't fully predict the consequences of your actions.
I interpreted Keira's offer for dinner both as an invitation to sex but also to something more, knowing what her character is like. So I was curious and accepted. No way was she only going to thank me with casual sex without some scheming, she is a sorceress after all.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I got the same way towards the end of my first playthrough. As I was finishing up Novigrad I was getting more and more interested in seeing how the story ends, so I pushed through the main quests exclusively thinking I was near the end. Turns out I was a good 10-15 hours away just in terms of main quests. As a result I skipped all side quests and question marks in Skellige and feel like I missed a big chunk of the game.

I'm going through again now on Death March and since I've seen how the game ends I'm more than happy to take my time and explore the world since I don't have this nagging feeling of needing to know how the game ends. I'm really enjoying it too; Death March isn't actually all that hard, but it does force me to use a lot of the things I previously ignored (blade oils, potions, bombs).

Question for people here: do you generally do all/most of the question marks on the map? I did everything in White Orchard but Velen has like hundreds of them, and I feel like I may get burned out trying to do them all. What's the best strategy for tackling them?

Alpende

Question for people here: do you generally do all/most of the question marks on the map? I did everything in White Orchard but Velen has like hundreds of them, and I feel like I may get burned out trying to do them all. What's the best strategy for tackling them?

I did all of them in White Orchard but didn't do all of them in Velen or Skellige. I just discovered them as I traveled to quests and such, sometimes doing some when I was close to them. By doing it that way I still have a lot of open question marks and that's fine by me. I never actively searched for them via the world map or something.

Is there any other way to reach Skellige without paying 1000...?

You can get your 1000 back.

Ricker

I did all of them in White Orchard but didn't do all of them in Velen or Skellige. I just discovered them as I traveled to quests and such, sometimes doing some when I was close to them. By doing it that way I still have a lot of open question marks and that's fine by me. I never actively searched for them via the world map or something.

You can get your 1000 back.

Ah ok thanks,good to know.

I have to say I really love the direction they are going with in regards to DLCs and Expansions. The DLCs are keeping the game very relevant each week as I look forward to it and I am willing to pay for full blown expansions.

I really hope other companies are taking notes on what the Witcher 3 is doing.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say I really love the direction they are going with in regards to DLCs and Expansions. The DLCs are keeping the game very relevant each week as I look forward to it and I am willing to pay for full blown expansions.

I really hope other companies are taking notes on what the Witcher 3 is doing.

I find it unlikely other companies will put out as much free content as CDPR, who are basically similar to Valve in that they have GOG revenue that supplements their game development.

Denton

Decided to start playing the Witcher 3 even though 1.07 doesn't fix any of the problems on PS4. I just can't be bothered waiting anymore and I don't think CDPR are able to fix the framerate issues.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying my time if you disregard the minor framerate drops (so far). The side missions are already far more interesting than any of the side missions in Dragon Age: Inquisiton. They were frankly awful and I'm glad TW3 is actually developing side quests more than "go to this area, find item, return to owner" or "go to area, clear out enemies and get reward". TW3 does indeed have a similar objective for side missions but there is far more going on. The contract called "Devil by the Well" has been my favourite so far (I've only done 3 or 4 though).

What's the best way to gain XP? I'm on the cusp of levelling up to level 2 but it seems like it is recommended that I be level 3 for the current main story quest (
The Beast of White Ochard
). I'm playing on Blood and Broken Bones! if that means anything. Will I be okay to play quests even if I'm underleveled? Don't want to go in and get my ass kicked!

I really enjoy reading posts like these from people just starting out and already being impressed, having no idea the awesomeness they have ahead of them... :)

As for XP, don't stress it, just try to do all sidequests (they are all interesting), play naturally.

BFIB

I got the same way towards the end of my first playthrough. As I was finishing up Novigrad I was getting more and more interested in seeing how the story ends, so I pushed through the main quests exclusively thinking I was near the end. Turns out I was a good 10-15 hours away just in terms of main quests. As a result I skipped all side quests and question marks in Skellige and feel like I missed a big chunk of the game.

I'm going through again now on Death March and since I've seen how the game ends I'm more than happy to take my time and explore the world since I don't have this nagging feeling of needing to know how the game ends. I'm really enjoying it too; Death March isn't actually all that hard, but it does force me to use a lot of the things I previously ignored (blade oils, potions, bombs).

Exactly the same feeling for me too. I'm nearing the end, and after that is Arkham Knight, but then I'm coming back to this to thoroughly go through it. I hit Skellige, and really didn't get to put in the time there that I wanted to (most of my quests were greyed out). Next playthrough, I'm hitting there as soon as I can.

Game of the forever. You can play through it 3 times and probably still not do everything.

tauke

Playing this game around an hour during weekdays after work is my way of relieving my stress.

Skellige Isle is beautiful.

Also video game physics in action aka jumping into water from insane heights does zero damage to Geralt. Technically spoilers on the screenshot for Gwent quest.

Wc8meLA.jpg

UQsskI7.jpg

Skii

I really enjoy reading posts like these from people just starting out and already being impressed, having no idea the awesomeness they have ahead of them... :)

As for XP, don't stress it, just try to do all sidequests (they are all interesting), play naturally.

I can't wait! Just making preparations for the
Beast of White Orchard
. Also managed to glitch a quest for the Temurian Valuables but that is to be expected in an open world game.

Yeah, after I finish this main quest, I'm going to go looking for some side quests.

Playing this game around an hour during weekdays after work is my way of relieving my stress.

Also video game physics in action aka jumping into water from insane heights does zero damage to Geralt. Technically spoilers on the screenshot for Gwent quest.

You'll need a next gen nvidia card for that WaterWorks real-time water damage.

Sai

Gunning for Lv34 before I get to the point of no return. Want all my Witcher gear Mastercrafted before then.

Video showing the new DLC finishing moves by Gamespot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFETTPvBPtY
... :/

Well, at least it's free.

Looking good. Although I wish there is finisher for monsters too like drowners and water hags.
That's kind of what I was expecting. What we got was pretty underwhelming.

So, only free DLC that's left is New Game+, right?

Alric

Same here, I don't have much time during the week at all to play so 1-2 hours total is all sometimes I can get. It's such a nice relaxing game to play though. Murder monster here, explore vast wilderness here, listen to a dwarf call me a cunt there, good stuff.

RP912

Banned
I just bought the game yesterday and so far it's amazing.

Question...if I were to get the expansion pass off of amazon, will it be redeemable on GOG or Steam?

Same here, I don't have much time during the week at all to play so 1-2 hours total is all sometimes I can get. It's such a nice relaxing game to play though. Murder monster here, explore vast wilderness here, listen to a dwarf call me a cunt there, good stuff.

Skellige in particular, the beautiful landscape combined with the incredible music, taking it all in is an awe inspiring experience.

I just bought the game yesterday and so far it's amazing.

Question...if I were to get the expansion pass off of amazon, will it be redeemable on GOG or Steam?

It should say if it's a steam or gog key on the store page.

Lexxism

Did the Enhanced Feline Gear Set required level got updated? Most (all?) sites says it is a lvl 19 (weapon) and lvl20 (armor set) but in game it says level 23 for both.

Denton

Did the Enhanced Feline Gear Set required level got updated? Most (all?) sites says it is a lvl 19 (weapon) and lvl20 (armor set) but in game it says level 23 for both.

Yeah, Witcher gear had its requirements increased and stats increased as well.

Majukun

think i have "finished the game"
i have no other mission other that the ones that were glitched and all i find around following the "?" signs are useless chests

daevv

Almost level 7 and I think I'm hitting my stride in combat playing on Death March. I've worked my way into feeling comfortable at using spells, oils, potions, dodging, attacking, and even food at anytime in any order during a fight. Once I get to level 7 I'll continue the Blood Baron questline. :)

ebevan91

Is "The Gangs of Novigrad" impossible to complete or what? I was doing exactly what the quest said then all of a sudden I get the quest failed thing. So I reloaded my last save and it put me like 20 minutes back from where I was. So I tried again. Same thing happened.

Sai

Is "The Gangs of Novigrad" impossible to complete or what? I was doing exactly what the quest said then all of a sudden I get the quest failed thing. So I reloaded my last save and it put me like 20 minutes back from where I was. So I tried again. Same thing happened.

... Unless there's some new glitch I don't know about. :p

ebevan91

What other complete armor sets are there in the game? I'm trying to find some on Google but every search pretty much just shows the Witcher gear, or the "best" gear, which ends up being Witcher gear.

I mean good armor sets that isn't Witcher armor, especially for characters around level 14-16.

Coreda

What other complete armor sets are there in the game? I'm trying to find some on Google but every search pretty much just shows the Witcher gear, or the "best" gear, which ends up being Witcher gear.

Gosunoob.com lists a few outside of the Witcher school gear. An almost-complete set I can think of is the Assassin's gear which includes gauntlets/boots/trousers. Wore them for a time earlier on along with the Bounty Hunter's gambeson. I call it the has-been-dad-rocker look (I can remember laughing for a couple minutes when I added the trousers).

sohappyw2sh1.jpg
felinegjks0.jpg
Sexy Geralt ftw.

npa189

did 1.07 break PC performance? Its a studdery mess now on my rig, but it could have something to do with Windows 10. Core i5 3570k and 970 with 16gb so its not my hardware, was working fine on 1.06 with win 8.1 though...

Top Bottom