• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

tauke

My only pet peeves with the game design is they reward you 50 EXP when doing quest that has the skull icon.

Not really a spoiler but I'm doing one of the Witcher Gear hunt and managed to defeat the monster that is guarding the chest which is 9 level above me.

Then I proceed to clear a Witcher Contract that is within my level and got rewarded 250 EXP which was a piece of cake.

Proceeding the main story quest only rewards me either 5 EXP or none lol.

So for the DLC, do I get to play it after I beat the game or do I have to restart the game to experience it?

Still got no idea how they will implement the DLC. Although if they feature a New Game Plus soon, why not do a new playthrough!

Still got no idea how they will implement the DLC. Although if they feature a New Game Plus soon, why not do a new playthrough!

I have other games I want to play. I really want to play Pillars of Eternity, but I won't have time if I have to replay The Witcher III.

iNvid02

you know who it is

4BE5cTh.jpg

Finally finished the game after over 150 hours of play.

Despite its faults, it's hands down the best RPG I've ever played. The story, characters, and world are second to none. If not for the disappointing combat and other flaws like poor movement and occasional bugs and glitches, it'd be damned near perfect.

Although Fallout 4 is coming later this year, I just can't see it topping this game. The Witcher 3 isn't just the Game of the Year--it may very well be one of the best games ever, regardless of year or genre.

I think what this game, TLoU, and Interstellar, for that matter, showed me is that I'm just a terrible sucker for father-daughter relationships.

This game and TLoU wrecked me at certain points.

tauke

Where can I find the lesser red mutagen? This one is damn rare.

This drives me nut too initially and turns out you need to travel to Skellige Isles as the drowners have a high drop rate of lesser red mutagen.

Well not only drowners but from a certain cave of drowners that you will be visiting as part of a Witcher contract. Will not spoil the location but if you proceed with Looking for Ciri quest at Skellige Isle, you'll get the contract from the notice board.

Sai

Where can I find the lesser red mutagen? This one is damn rare.
I think the higher level your enemy is, the higher the chance of them dropping a Lesser Red Mutagen. They can even be looted from Drowners, starting around Lv18, or so.

I made a habit of saving before engaging a group of higher level Drowners, or Endregas; reloading until I was able to get at least two Lesser Red Mutagens. Reached my goal of getting four Greater Red Mutagens pretty early on that way.

Zee-Row

Banned
Am i really screwed out of getting the Gwent card from the Scholar in the beginning of the game? I wanted to get every trophy in the game and now my enjoyment has been killed since I didn't realize until it was too late that the card was missable.

Sai

Am i really screwed out of getting the Gwent card from the Scholar in the beginning of the game? I wanted to get every trophy in the game and now my enjoyment has been killed since I didn't realize until it was too late that the card was missable.
I think they made the Zoltan card available by Hanged Man's Tree for those that missed it in White Orchard.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I started a new Death March playthrough yesterday after beating the game on Easy. I find the combat is a lot more interesting now, although there are still times when you die to bullshit reasons like getting stuck on geometry and getting surrounded. The Royal Griffin fight was crazy hard though, took me a while to get through that.

I'm kind of wary of playing anymore though because it seems like all achievements are broken. I beat the game yesterday and didn't get any achievements, so I almost want to wait for a fix before playing any more.

I started a new Death March playthrough yesterday after beating the game on Easy. I find the combat is a lot more interesting now, although there are still times when you die to bullshit reasons like getting stuck on geometry and getting surrounded. The Royal Griffin fight was crazy hard though, took me a while to get through that.

I'm kind of wary of playing anymore though because it seems like all achievements are broken. I beat the game yesterday and didn't get any achievements, so I almost want to wait for a fix before playing any more.
The trophy issues are the main thing holding me back too. The only trophy I still have left is for the Deathmarch playthrough, and I'd been waiting for the 1.07 inventory improvements before starting that playthrough. Guess I'll wait for the 1.08 trophy/achievement fixes now :(

valkyre

how can CDPR screw 1.07 patch so badly? The really amazing thing is that patch notes suggest that performance is increased, whereas, in reality, performance overall decreased and in some cases, dramatically...

unbelievable. I honestly dont get how they could screw this up? I mean nobody tested 1.07 patch properly?

leng jai

Just started my third playthrough with 1.07 and the game still feels as good as the first time. It's just the game that keeps on giving. I never realised there were so many places of power in White Orchard either.

Radec

Is Alchemy build viable in Death March ?

I'd plan to use the bear gear and it looks like it ain't that good with combat + sign build.

Mogwai

I just reached Velen at level 4. All my quests are recommended for level 5+

Any recommendations on what to do? Just keep on with the main story? I would like to avoid being underleveled as much as possible.

Alpende

Just do some 5+ quests, the levels represent more an indication. You can still tackle quests that are higher than your level. Makes it interesting too.

I switched between story quests and side quests. Usually I'd try to complete all side quests that were, level wise, below my story quests. If I did all those side quests I would do a story quest.

I just completed the Spirit of the Forrest quest on PC after installing 1.0.7

It has an achievement linked to it *kill the woodland spirit" i think it's called.

I did the quest both ways (first where you sacrifice the livers and dont kill the Lichen then i reloaded and did it where i killed the Lichen).

The achievement didn't unlock. Has anyone else had this on 1.0.,7?
Is there a bigger issue with Achievements with the patch?

To avoid any confusion this is the specific quest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeOQ4dfXdoQ

Mogwai

Just do some 5+ quests, the levels represent more an indication. You can still tackle quests that are higher than your level. Makes it interesting too.

I switched between story quests and side quests. Usually I'd try to complete all side quests that were, level wise, below my story quests. If I did all those side quests I would do a story quest.
Thanks. That sounds like a nice way to go about it. I'm only playing on Sword and Story difficulty. But Witcher combat tends to annoy me, so I figured that I'd take it easy for now.

Alpende

Thanks. That sounds like a nice way to go about it. I'm only playing on Sword and Story difficulty. But Witcher combat tends to annoy me, so I figured that I'd take it easy for now.

I believe you can always change the difficulty to a higher setting if it gets too easy.

Just started up again after a two week break, but I don't think it was enough time. I'm supposedly in "Act 3" and this game is just SO fucking long. I just finished
running around Novigrad completing everyone's last errands
and this felt to me like what people claim the triforce hunt at the end of Wind Waker felt like to them. Whew.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just completed the Spirit of the Forrest quest on PC after installing 1.0.7

It has an achievement linked to it *kill the woodland spirit" i think it's called.

I did the quest both ways (first where you sacrifice the livers and dont kill the Lichen then i reloaded and did it where i killed the Lichen).

The achievement didn't unlock. Has anyone else had this on 1.0.,7?
Is there a bigger issue with Achievements with the patch?

To avoid any confusion this is the specific quest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeOQ4dfXdoQ

Great, 1.07 glitched the Gwent trophy >_<

Found my last few cards and the quest won't finish, no trophy pop.

All achievements on PC are broken after 1.07.

Sanpei

"The Most Wanted of Skellig"

Oh and i couldnt complete "The Most Wanted of Skellig" DLC mission...Enemy's health was zero but it was still alive and stuck on the map at the same place...
I have tried 4 times..Result was same...

Radec

wtf. that cat witcher is one tough cheating son of a bitch.

I reloaded my save and let him go. gave me a map to his stash and got the Tiegr sword which is amazing.

zer0das

Banned
Is Alchemy build viable in Death March ?

I'd plan to use the bear gear and it looks like it ain't that good with combat + sign build.

Yes, alchemy focused builds are pretty good on death march. The second tier potion skill that makes all of your portions heal a percentage of your health is godtier, as is the one that decreases toxicity faster. I went two mutagen slots fully into alchemy and it is probably one of the easier ways to finish death march. In retrospect dedicating 3-4 mutagen slots probably would have been worth it too.

:-(

Just got to the "Brothers in Arms" quest-line and
I automatically failed the Velen one and the others don't seem to have that many people to recruit. I don't mind being punished for past choices/decisions, but I want it to be at least foreseeable. I let Triss go knowing that might preclude getting her involved later on (that was pretty obvious), but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to turn Keira down after dinner not before in order to keep that possibility open. That one feels a little annoying because it seems like an issue of timing less than an issue of what my choice was.

There have been a couple quests like that where I "fail" the quest for turning someone down too early, because apparently you're supposed to accept an obviously sexual advance and then reject it later. And I don't exactly have any way of knowing if the game is going to interpret my choice to accept as "I want to accept your sexual offer" or "I just want this quest-line to continue to a point where I'll get credit/xp". Really frustrating that my only recourse is to save scum just to be sure that I'm making my choice in the weird way the game wants.

:-(

Just got to the "Brothers in Arms" quest-line and
I automatically failed the Velen one and the others don't seem to have that many people to recruit. I don't mind being punished for past choices/decisions, but I want it to be at least foreseeable. I let Triss go knowing that might preclude getting her involved later on (that was pretty obvious), but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to turn Keira down after dinner not before in order to keep that possibility open. That one feels a little annoying because it seems like an issue of timing less than an issue of what my choice was.

There have been a couple quests like that where I "fail" the quest for turning someone down too early, because apparently you're supposed to accept an obviously sexual advance and then reject it later. And I don't exactly have any way of knowing if the game is going to interpret my choice to accept as "I want to accept your sexual offer" or "I just want this quest-line to continue to a point where I'll get credit/xp". Really frustrating that my only recourse is to save scum just to be sure that I'm making my choice in the weird way the game wants.

Actually,
Triss will be at Kaer Morhen.

"The Most Wanted of Skellig"

Oh and i couldnt complete "The Most Wanted of Skellig" DLC mission...Enemy's health was zero but it was still alive and stuck on the map at the same place...
I have tried 4 times..Result was same...

The exact same thing happened to me. I have a save right before it to check out the quest when its fixed.

That seemed like a pretty good quest taking into account the result of contracts before it and how it was received by the monster community.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaaaaat?

Have CDPR said if they will fix these ?

If so will they appear as achieved or are they just gone if you've done it during this version?

They mentioned on Twitter that they're looking into fixing it:

NJDv9Cf.png

No idea what will happen to achievements that haven't popped. I beat the game over the weekend and didn't get any achievements on GOG. It's not the end of the world for me since I started a Death March run so hopefully achievements will be fixed by the time I get too far into the game.

That being said I'm afraid to play too much for fear of missing one or two achievements here or there.

Being able to filter out potions and bombs that are already made makes alchemy so much less frustrating when using a controller. Nice! Seem to be able to sprint for a much longer time also it seems.

All I need is a mod that removes "points in branch needed to unlock" for all the skills. :) I know it can be done since there is a mod for it, but also makes a bunch of other changes I don't want. I may just try editing it myself when I start a new playthrough.

ebevan91

Being able to filter out potions and bombs that are already made makes alchemy so much less frustrating when using a controller. Nice! Seem to be able to sprint for a much longer time also it seems.

All I need is a mod that removes "points in branch needed to unlock" for all the skills. :) I know it can be done since there is a mod for it, but also makes a bunch of other changes I don't want. I may just try editing it myself when I start a new playthrough.

Yeah we really need that. Or at least, unlock the next level of that skill if you have the previous one fully upgraded or something like that.

Top Bottom