• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

ebevan91

did 1.07 break PC performance? Its a studdery mess now on my rig, but it could have something to do with Windows 10. Core i5 3570k and 970 with 16gb so its not my hardware, was working fine on 1.06 with win 8.1 though...

I can actually run mine on Ultra (no hairworks) after the patch. It gets a little iffy around crowded areas in Novigrad so I just turned it back down to High. You have a better video card but my CPU is better.

Radec

Last DLC has been leaked.

10431691_1127915897235529_4182016402879438407_n.jpg

;p

I reloaded the quest to talk to Cleaver, but he always said the exact same lines. Its like it was bugged on me.

Majukun

Is "The Gangs of Novigrad" impossible to complete or what? I was doing exactly what the quest said then all of a sudden I get the quest failed thing. So I reloaded my last save and it put me like 20 minutes back from where I was. So I tried again. Same thing happened.

quest has always been broken...if you reach a point in the main quest before trying the quest,you will not be able to continue the quest and so it will fail later
Is the quest "hey you wanna look at my stuff" known to be broken?

it was for me..mostly because the dwarf was not where it was supposed to be at the beginning...found him later wandering aimlessly in novigrad and completed the quest

FYI, I'm told that the Ekkidna decoction (which restores health whenever you perform an action that depleted stamina) no longer works during combat. It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes so might be another bug introduced in 1.07 (add it to the list) rather than a nerf. Previously you could use it and the Whirl (sword spinny Conan the Barbarian rave party move) to basically become invincible for the duration of the decoction if you had enough blood toxicity spare to pop a Tawny Owl as well.

Exentryk

FYI, I'm told that the Ekkidna decoction (which restores health whenever you perform an action that depleted stamina) no longer works during combat. It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes so might be another bug introduced in 1.07 (add it to the list) rather than a nerf. Previously you could use it and the Whirl (sword spinny Conan the Barbarian rave party move) to basically become invincible for the duration of the decoction if you had enough blood toxicity spare to pop a Tawny Owl as well.

Ekhidna still works, just not using Whirl. The decoction is meant to heal 10% health for 100% stamina use. With Whirl, it was healing to full health instantly. So the devs fixed that bug, and the decoction now works as it should.

hitgirl

Does the game have continued play after completing the storyline? I sort of want to blow through the story because I want to see what happens!

Is there much to do re:main quests in Skellige?

I'm at the part where
Uma just got turned into a human
and I've barely touched Skellige.

Level 21 too. I need to slow down maybe.

Asskicker

There's more broken than ever for me in the game with 1.07.

• 2 Statuette Quests
  • Skellige most wanted
  • ashes to ashes achievement
  • Lost all my gold when I went over a certain amount

:(

I'm really thinking people (myself included) are going to be disappointed when DLC 16 hits and it's not NG+. I fully expect the game to have it at one point (with expansions? later patch?), but it just seems like they've had their hands full fixing bugs and adding new features, and NG+ would require a ton of balance testing of the entire game.

Radec

There's more broken than ever for me in the game with 1.07.

• 2 Statuette Quests
  • Skellige most wanted
  • ashes to ashes achievement
    [*]Lost all my gold when I went over a certain amount

:(

That was fixed last 1.06, so it went back to 1.07?

I can't test since i'm under 65k now.

Tcab96

I'm really thinking people (myself included) are going to be disappointed when DLC 16 hits and it's not NG+. I fully expect the game to have it at one point (with expansions? later patch?), but it just seems like they've had their hands full fixing bugs and adding new features, and NG+ would require a ton of balance testing of the entire game.

Unfortunately, I think you're right but hope you're wrong.

Radec

A Deadly Plot quest bugged too?
That bitch in pasiflora won't move after I talked to her.

Edit: found a fix. She was placed in the wrong location to trigger the cutscene. After talking to her, go to the room where a girl is in a bath tub. It will trigger the cutscene.

Yup. That's why I'm taking my sweeeeet time. I probably won't beat the game for some time yet. I want to level up, get all the gwent stuff, explore fully, because I'm pretty sure NG+ isn't coming soon. There are still quite a few issues with the base game that need investigation and repair before having to re-evaluate the entire game for NG+

In fact, I doubt we'll see NG+ until the Enhanced Edition.

aku:jiki

I'm really thinking people (myself included) are going to be disappointed when DLC 16 hits and it's not NG+.
I'm banking on it being just another costume for whoever. Sexy costume for Philippa or something.

I don't believe they've had time for NG+ either but I'm hoping we get a nice quest to top it all off until october. Another costume, or more finishers or whatever, is such a boring way for the release hype to finally fizzle out.

Jinjo

The fuck, playing through the Gwent high stakes tournament, won all the cards but the game keeps hardlocking when I try and go change my Monster deck, the leader in particular. That's really fucked up.

Skii

How do you heal in this game? I'm playing on "Blood and Broken Bones!". Can you only heal with food in this mode? That's rough if true but I guess it makes sense since this is considered the "hard mode". I just thought there would be a potion that you'd have (even the Souls games have that :p).

I'm about to start
On Thin Ice
which feels like it very well may be the last quest.

Time for that annoying ass question...how far till the end?

The reason I ask, company is coming in about an hour and I'll be fucking pissed if they walk in while I'm trying to watch the ending so I'm trying to decide whether to go for it or not.

I have two failed objectives. "Talk to Igor" and "Follow Witch Hunter Leader". Vernon Roche's objective marker is not where the character actually is. So are these problems associated with patch 1.07? Or am I fucked permanently? I was starting to enjoy the game more too. Shitfucktheworld.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How do you heal in this game? I'm playing on "Blood and Broken Bones!". Can you only heal with food in this mode? That's rough if true but I guess it makes sense since this is considered the "hard mode". I just thought there would be a potion that you'd have (even the Souls games have that :p).

There is actually. Raffard Dedoction.

Exentryk

Swallow potion can be prepared early in Wild Orchard.

Anyone finishing quests and not getting experience again with this patch? I did In the Heart of the Woods and another one around my level and got zip. I'm high enough level to not worry about it, but curious if it's glitched again.

tauke

Man, that Emreis guy.

Bit of a control freak.

On another note the quest, Skellige's Most Wanted, was a great idea.

Hearing how Skellige's Most Wanted quest is buggy at the moment make me hesitate to pursue the quest further. :(

Although I'm strolling Skellige Isles at my own leisure and clearing out the sirens population lol.

Top Bottom