• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Do you guys really think this is the end of the Geralt story (sans the dlc) or is CDPR bluffing? He is such a badass, iconic character I really hope he gets another game.
Yeah, definitely the end, although he could appear in someone else's stories. Geralt was already looking to retire by the end of the books, and they focused on a lot more characters than just him anyways. Ciri was essentially the main character in many of the books. Yennifer got a lot of chapters. Triss, Dandilion, and even Dijkstra got page time along the way too. Or they can go with a new character, which was their original plan for Witcher 1.

But really the big reason for giving him and ending game is because they're gonna be busy with Cyberpunk for a while before they would even consider going back to a full Witcher game.

phoenixyz

If they manage to manage such a step up in quality from Witcher 3 to Cyberpunk as they did from Witcher 1 -> 2 and 2 -> 3 it's going to be the game of the decade.

Zukuu

Banned
My mod list is growing and growing but the experience is improving and improving.

Have like 10 to 15 mods installed by now. Some that are cosmetically (concept art bear armor), some are balancing (remove nerf from lower level enemies and remove buff from higher level enemies to their "normal" value), others are tweaks (instant cast, although that I have done myself and without mod the actual game apart from the config file), others affect the overal experience (no xp bonus from gear, but buffed runes) etc.

edit:
The most important: No Witcher Sense shaky zoomed crap cam that made me sick within minutes.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I am completely disgusted and disappointed. I absolutely love this game and the soundtrack so i just found out its available on iTunes. I purchased it right away hoping after all this waiting for the full soundtrack i would finally get all the music. I really dont know if its the composer Marcin Przybyłowicz or CDprojeckt red that did this or both but they excluded 4 of the most awesome pieces of music from the sound track.

The Fields of Ard Skellig
Ladies of the Woods
Merchants of Novigrad
Hunt Or Be Hunted

is there any logical reasoning as to why they would do this? I think i will leave a really bad review on itunes, i have no idea why they would exclude these songs.

Don't know if it was posted, but yesterday a new Witcher 3 theme was released on the Playstation Store (in the EU at least). It's a static theme with pretty cool pictures of Ciri and Geralt. The best thing about the theme is the music though. So good.

Coreda

I really dont know if its the composer Marcin Przybyłowicz or CDprojeckt red that did this or both but they excluded 4 of the most awesome pieces of music from the sound track.

is there any logical reasoning as to why they would do this? I think i will leave a really bad review on itunes, i have no idea why they would exclude these songs.

Those tracks came with the game, at least for everyone that has posted about it in these threads. The GOG soundtrack is in Mp3/FLAC and the Steam version also available in FLAC in the following location according to a GAF'er in the OT1:

SteamApps\common\The Witcher 3\SOUNDTRACK\The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_Official_Soundtrack_(steam_edition)_flac.zip

Don't know if it was posted, but yesterday a new Witcher 3 theme was released on the Playstation Store (in the EU at least). It's a static theme with pretty cool pictures of Ciri and Geralt. The best thing about the theme is the music though. So good.

Looks like they also adapted one from the siren concept art.

VX6BIXa.jpg

7Qvkn2w.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Those tracks came with the game, at least for everyone that has posted about it in these threads. The GOG soundtrack is in Mp3/FLAC and the Steam version also available in FLAC in the following location according to a GAF'er in the OT1:

Looks like they also adapted one from the siren concept art.
Those tracks didn't come with the ps4 version of the game

Auctopus

It's not fair to leave a really bad review because your favourite tracks were missing, the actual product isn't bad because of that. Rate it 3-4 stars and explain in your headline or review why it isn't higher.

Coreda

Those tracks didn't come with the ps4 version of the game

Ah, pity. Not sure what the exact thinking was behind it seeing as the extended OST is digital only. I know those tracks were only included on the digital PC version soundtrack extras, as my retail PC soundtrack disc didn't include them (possibly due to time constraints).

You could find them elsewhere seeing as you've purchased both the extended OST and game already, but that's entirely up to you. Personally I wish the extended OST were available for purchase in FLAC.

Skii

Just started the Novigrad, Closed City quest and I'm stuck. It tells me to find someone near the crooked house for one of the three keys but I can't find that person anywhere. Spent 20 minutes now searching the entire vicinity. Any help?

EDIT: Managed to find it. I just had to turn right at some stairs. I'm just having one of those days.

TripOpt55

I finished it! The first RPG I have ever finished. Also the longest game I've probably ever completed. I was really worried about getting a bad ending, but I was really happy with mine!

Ending Spoilers:
I got the ending where Ciri becomes a Witcher and Geralt goes off to be with Yen eventually. I did think she was dead for a few moments there and then was like "Ooh maybe that is the person Geralt is meeting!" And she was! I was very happy to see she was okay.

I also liked the rest of the ending for the most part. Cerys is ruling Skellige. Kiera went off with that Witcher dude. Radovid and Dijkstra are both dead, and Emhyr seemed to set up Temeria as its own place of sorts. There were definitely some bad consequences as a result of some of this, but overall I feel pretty good about the ending and the decisions I made.

I really enjoyed the game. Such a memorable experience overall. There were things about it that I think could have been handled better, but it feels like one of those games that is greater than the sum of its parts. I plan to try some other RPGs at some point now that I liked this one so much.

Hoplatee

I got a few weeks ahead of not much work so I can finally finish this game. But I do kind of want to know how far into the game I am so I hope anyone could tell me in % wise-

Finished The king is dead - Long live the king quest (finding the mask with Yen etc) and then did the two sidequests that he gives involving his children. I believe Echoes of the past is the next main quest. I did nothing else yet in Skellige apart from black pearl / lambert quest and one contract. Amazing quests involving the children by the way.

I do all the Gwent/fighting/contracts/secondary quests etc so keep that in mind. Doubt I will bother checking out all the ?'s in the ocean though. I am hoping there is at least another 30 hours left but I doubt it :(

E) forgot to mention I did everything I could in Velen that I could. Only some high lvl contracts left and
delaying the definate romance stuff as long as possible so A matter of life and death is also still in my log.

RedSwirl

Finally finished the game after two months and I don't know how many hours.

Just some quick thoughts:

1. End of Game Ciri is OP as fuck.

2. What the fuck Crach. What the fuck man?! I think that hit me harder than Vesimir.

3. Somebody's gotta figure out how to extract the art that shows up at the ending.

4. Didn't realize the game actually does let you keep playing after the end, just without some of the major side quests. I'm guessing they'll let you play Hearts of Stone with a clear file?

Coreda

How are the Dark Horse Witcher comics? Where in the story do they take place?

I've only read the first Witcher comic that was a gift code in the PC retail version but the story is standalone from the games. It's fairly decent, better than that disappointing animated comic app that came with the PC extras. You can also save the pages as JPEGs using the browser's web inspector tool, which is what I did for a local copy.

Not sure it grabbed me enough to pick up the set, but I think it's on sale atm and previews are available.

If they manage to manage such a step up in quality from Witcher 3 to Cyberpunk as they did from Witcher 1 -> 2 and 2 -> 3 it's going to be the game of the decade.

One of my greatest hopes for this game is they nail the sound design. If CDPR can get the sound of a cyberpunk universe right – immersive positional audio, flying cars, believably-futuristic yet organic tech noises, streets, bustle, quiet areas, etc - I'd be on cloud nine.

Spoilers for the Carnal Sins quest:

Well, I caved and loaded up a save from six hours earlier so I could finish the quest properly. I'm glad I did, as the fight with Hubert was a fantastic way to end the quest. Now I want someone to mod Wesley Snipes as Blade into the game.

Skii

Made a lot of progress last night!

Completed the "Cardinal Sins" quest.
Poor Priscilla :( The quest ends with me killing the higher vampire. Really enjoyed helping Dandelion.

Also finished the "Now or never" quest.
Managed to sneak out Triss with the rest of the mages. Decided to let her go on the boat as I feel Geralt should end up with Yen. It seems the correct thing to do for both Yen and Ciri. We'll see how that plays out!

And the final quest of the evening was helping Zoltan
Get 3 rare cards to sell to a buyer. Forgot the quest's name. I do love me some Gwent and decided to keep the cards as I'd be surprised if you can get them elsewhere

I think I'm pretty much done with Novigrad after I help Djikstra
kill the King in Oxenfurt lol. I wonder how much that'll affect the story
. After that, I'll be on my way to Skellige which I assume will be the final third of the game. I think I've completed around 40 hours so 20 more would make sense. I've heard good things about Skellige so I look forward to it.

TCRS

Banned
finally arrived in skellige. they went full stereotype on that one didn't they? I was hoping for something different..

I've indirectly asked this before and someone said 2016, but I feel like asking directly as I'm on the fence as to whether I should buy it now or just wait. When's a likely GOTY/Complete edition going to come out?

Zukuu

Banned
I've indirectly asked this before and someone said 2016, but I feel like asking directly as I'm on the fence as to whether I should buy it now or just wait. When's a likely GOTY/Complete edition going to come out?

All the DLC is free, so there is no point in a GOTY edition. Maybe they do an "Enhanced Edition" like for Witcher 1 and 2, but seeing how polished the game was, it's rather unlikely in my books or nothing that is worth "waiting for". Go in now.

Question:
Which runes should I gear? I can't decide. Which CC/DPS effect works on bosses too? Freeze? Burning? I plan on doing Armor Penetration + X + X, since +Attack Power seems bugged and actually doesn't yield anything.

All the DLC is free, so there is no point in a GOTY edition. Maybe they do an "Enhanced Edition" like for Witcher 1 and 2, but seeing how polished the game was, it's rather unlikely in my books or nothing that is worth "waiting for". Go in now.

Question:
Which runes should I gear? I can't decide. Which CC/DPS effect works on bosses too? Freeze? Burning? I plan on doing Armor Penetration + X + X, since +Attack Power seems bugged and actually doesn't yield anything.

Wow seriously, that's awesome, I saw some DLC story thing announced recently so that's gonna be free aswell?! I'll definitely be picking it up soon then.

Acrylic7

Hmmm I'm on lvl 8 right now and am starting to wonder what skills are best to invest in.

Iv already got Muscle Memory, Strength Training, Survival Instincts and Sun and Stars. What should I go after next? What comes in handy the most?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Wow seriously, that's awesome, I saw some DLC story thing announced recently so that's gonna be free aswell?! I'll definitely be picking it up soon then.

Uh... no. The upcoming two expansions will be paid. Hearts of Stone should release on October 13th for 9.99$. As for Blood and Wine, it will release in Q1 2016 for 19.99$.

What he meant by free DLC are the minor stuff like side-quests, armor, weapons, alternate costumes, and New Game+.

Uh... no. The upcoming two expansions will be paid. Hearts of Stone should release on October 13th for 9.99$. As for Blood and Wine, it will release in Q1 2016 for 19.99$.

What he meant by free DLC are the minor stuff like side-quests, armor, weapons, alternate costumes, and New Game+.

Ah really, oh well I can probably pick it up for £20 anytime, just gonna pull the trigger once I completely done with TPP then.

Don't know what that guy was talking about. A GOTY/Complete edition seems likely to me. The expansions are not free and will likely be included in such a package.

The game is really massive and epic on its own though.

I've now gotten into two fist fights since arriving on Skellige re: people talking shit about Yen. Geralt got laid out of it, so I imagine he's not too bothered.

Skellige is such a breath of fresh air, too, I love it so much. Sadly, my whale is glitched, it's now happened twice. Not so majestic, but a lot more funny.

I've started playing this again and I'm up to
gathering allies to fight at Kaer Morhen after breaking the curse on the elf
. How far from the end of the game am I? I wanted to help
assassinate Radovid
but I haven't seen the choice yet so I'm guessing I can't yet.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
assassinate Radovid
Between half and two thirds. Still got a bit to enjoy. It will be linear for a while so brace yourself!

Majestad

Banned
assassinate Radovid

I would say there's still 10 hours after this. The Radovid part comes later.

Hoplatee

Between half and two thirds. Still got a bit to enjoy. It will be linear for a while so brace yourself!

The hell. I reached that part as well today and figured the end would come soon.

Awesome!

Decided to
go with Yen. I fully intended on Triss but declining Yen actually was so damn harsh in the context of that quest. (Last Wish) Very well done I must say. So I reloaded and told her I love her. Sorry Triss :( She really grew onto me during those quests as well so all is cool. Yen and throwing the bed out stuff was kinda hilarious. Poor Triss. Always adored her in W1W2 and the little bit of her in 3. :(

Wonder if it will really matter but i'll find out soon enough!

Davide

Buy it now, there's more than enough content as is.

Finally decided to go with Triss, hoping the upcoming romance patch will expand it a bit afterwards since I hear that's the main complaint.

Bessy67

Hooray, just finished my first playthrough (Blood and Broken Bones)! In my ending,
Ciri became a witcher, Temeria became an independent state of the Nilfgaardian empire, Skellige grew and prospered under Cerys, and Geralt rode off into the sunset with Yen
. Now on to New Game + on Death March going for a completely different ending! Although maybe I'll wait until Hearts of Stone is out...

Edit: Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask is there any point in assigning skill points after you already have your active skills all maxed out? Spending points on skills does nothing unless you equip those skills, right?

Finally beat the game after MGS side-tracked me.

W O W. This game really is something special. This may very well be my favorite WRPG of all time (at least tied with Kotor!).

My ending:

Ciri becomes a Witcheress (this felt super fitting, but wondering what some of you think about empress ending.

Nilfgaard takes over the North but Temeria becomes a nation again

End up with Yen (sorry Triss)

Cerys ruled Skellige

and I think that's it.

This is tied with MGS V for GOTY for me and that's saying a lot.

Edit: Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask is there any point in assigning skill points after you already have your active skills all maxed out? Spending points on skills does nothing unless you equip those skills, right?
No point other than if you wanna shuffle your skill build around occasionally.

danthefan

This game is so damn good.

I'm about 30 hour in. Have just spend a load of time in Novigrad (one of the best realisations of a city in a video game?), and also just took the trip to Skellige.

The depth in the quests in unreal. They keep things so interesting. The combat is much better than the previous games too.

My only complain, it's a little easy playing on B&BB, maybe I just go up to DM.

Main story-wise, I've gotten to Skellige, I've done all the
Bloody Baron
stuff, met
Triss, Zoltan and Roche
, and I'm in the process of
finding Dandelion
, I assume I'm some small fraction of the way through?

Hoplatee

Main story-wise, I've gotten to Skellige, I've done all the
Bloody Baron
stuff, met
Triss, Zoltan and Roche
, and I'm in the process of
finding Dandelion
, I assume I'm some small fraction of the way through?

Yeah. You are correct in assuming that. Enjoy the ride :p

Question about
Isle of Mists and what I assume Battle will be next - when that is done does the game world 'open up' again? I just checked what quests would fail and it was only the Triss part which I delayed - nothing else really. I have pretty much every secondary / contracts from Skellige in my list that I can wait with but if I am going to be stuck for let's say 5 hours I'd rather complete those first before being 'stuck'. Either way, so goddamn glad to finally see Geralt & Ciri talking! (.... I hope, haha)

Did not get support from Dijkstra though. Booo. I messed up :(

So I thought "The Last Wish" was an abysmal questline coming from having just read the books and it almost personally offended me. I wonder if I should write a big spoiler tagged post here in the OT or make a new topic. It'd take a while since it's been quite some time since I played the game and would have to refresh my memory to properly put it to words.

Karl Hawk

Banned
So I thought "The Last Wish" was an abysmal questline coming from having just read the books and it almost personally offended me. I wonder if I should write a big spoiler tagged post here in the OT or make a new topic. It'd take a while since it's been quite some time since I played the game and would have to refresh my memory to properly put it to words.
Really? Thought it was an amazing quest that expands the relationship between Geralt and Yen.

Top Bottom