• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

sublimit

Banned
So i was playing Qwent at hard difficulty today and won the "killed it" trophy from HoS even though i don't have the expansion yet...

Finalow

Just started a Death March NG+ on PS4 to check out the new patch. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but the framerate seems A LOT smoother now. I am still in White Orchard though. Velen will be the real test.
there is a video about the swamp section and yeah, seems like it's much smoother now.

the framerate was hardly the only problem though.

I finished the game before this patch on PS4 and as a console version it was quite fucking awful, especially considering how long ago it was released and that they've patched it more than one time already. it literally felt like a PC game ported to a console and not optimized at all.
hello CDPR? There are people who buy your games on consoles too!

that aside, I enjoyed the game, however I wish they bothered to explain more about the Wild Hunt, their story, their world and especially about Ciri. maybe I needed to read the in-game books or something but she really lacks character development,
I hardly knew anything about her past and in the endings I couldn't care less of what was happening to her, if anything I just felt sad/happy for Geralt. instead of random gameplay sections with her more flashbacks and cutscenes were needed, I'm afraid.

danthefan

As spoiler-free as possible, I've just hit a warning that I should
save my game in a manual slot at the Isle of Mists
, can I still do side quests after this point? I don't actually have anything substantial left in terms of secondary quests (and haven't for a while, I wonder if I've missed stuff) but I've quite a few contracts.

Edit - so after saving it says some sidequests won't be available. Could anyone tell me which ones please?

Wagram

I think they rebalanced the sale price of Honeycomb to herbalists. They used to sell for 18 or so, and now they're only 7. :(

Hoplatee

, can I still do side quests after this point? I don't actually have anything substantial left in terms of secondary quests (and haven't for a while, I wonder if I've missed stuff) but I've quite a few contracts.

Edit - so after saving it says some sidequests won't be available. Could anyone tell me which ones please?

You can but this is pretty much the point to complete secondary quests involving main chars.

Most other sidequests are fine and can be completed later. Contracts as well.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Easy. Just start the quest and see if you fail any quests if you dont you're good. If you do, take note and then go back and complete them.

Where do I need to be to play the Hearts of Stone DLC next week? I have a save at the "
Battle Preparations
" mission, and some saves from a new game I started after that. I started the new game before the NG+ DLC came out. If I go back to the first one and finish the game again, it'll put me back at
Kaer Morhen while removing the option to start the final quests again, right?
I vaguely remember that from when I finished the game. I haven't picked it up in a while so I'm trying to get my bearings again.

Vaporak

Hmm, new game plus is disappointing so far. Gotten through white orchard and there are 3 main things wrong. First, I didn't do gwent on my first game, but new game plus assumes you have. There's no explanation for how the game works, I pretty much had to guess at how the game works from just doing random moves for my turns for a couple games. Second, the interview where you detail what happens in witcher 2 was skipped for new game plus, so I can't choose a different past for this run. And most importantly, new game plus is dramatically easier than the standard new game which is incredibly disappointing. The beginning of the game was, by far, the hardest part when I played it back at release so I fear the game is only going to get easier and easier from here on out. :(

Gotta decide if I want to actually continue with this play through or just use the given new character for the expansion. I read that new game plus was supposed to be harder, and was really looking forward to having to actually do some skillful witchering this time to get through it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Hmm, new game plus is disappointing so far. Gotten through white orchard and there are 3 main things wrong. First, I didn't do gwent on my first game, but new game plus assumes you have. There's no explanation for how the game works, I pretty much had to guess at how the game works from just doing random moves for my turns for a couple games. Second, the interview where you detail what happens in witcher 2 was skipped for new game plus, so I can't choose a different past for this run. And most importantly, new game plus is dramatically easier than the standard new game which is incredibly disappointing. The beginning of the game was, by far, the hardest part when I played it back at release so I fear the game is only going to get easier and easier from here on out. :(

Gotta decide if I want to actually continue with this play through or just use the given new character for the expansion. I read that new game plus was supposed to be harder, and was really looking forward to having to actually do some skillful witchering this time to get through it.
In new game plus I've noticed that enemies with the skull icon are much much harder. They're rarely affected by signs and can usually kill you in short order.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Where do I need to be to play the Hearts of Stone DLC next week? I have a save at the "
Battle Preparations
" mission, and some saves from a new game I started after that. I started the new game before the NG+ DLC came out. If I go back to the first one and finish the game again, it'll put me back at
Kaer Morhen while removing the option to start the final quests again, right?
I vaguely remember that from when I finished the game. I haven't picked it up in a while so I'm trying to get my bearings again.

You can play during the main story or after provided you got to level 30.

fastmower

I'm on NG+ and I got tutorials and the Witcher 2 interview. I wonder if you have your settings different than mine.

dresi

Guys I need help. Does anyone know where I can find ingredients for superior devil's puffball? I'm stuck at
that quest with Triss under the Novigrad and I just can't defeat the vampire.
Thanks.

danthefan

Just finished the
Battle of Kaer Morhen
. Man that was bloody excellent.

This is definitely one of my favourite games ever.

With the DLC out on Tuesday, and with me approaching the end-ish of the game, I think I might pause now and wait for the DLC.

GeeTeeCee

Wow, Hearts of Stone just started pre-loading on my PS4.

I've never pre-ordered any dlc from PSN before this one, so what's to stop me playing this as soon as it finishes downloading? Surely you can't time lock dlc content the same as it locks full games? Or is there going to be a patch that adds support for the dlc (assuming 1.10 didn't)?

danthefan

I've never pre-ordered any dlc from PSN before this one, so what's to stop me playing this as soon as it finishes downloading? Surely you can't time lock dlc content the same as it locks full games? Or is there going to be a patch that adds support for the dlc (assuming 1.10 didn't)?

You'll get a message saying the content hasn't unlocked yet. You're not going to be able to play it, sorry.

Radec

How many GB?

danthefan

Ok this fight against
Imlerith
is absolutely bullshit. I cannot touch him in the last phase. I'm attempting to just dodge until
his mace gets stuck on the ground
but I basically get stun locked at some point every time.

Radec

Ok this fight against
Imlerith
is absolutely bullshit. I cannot touch him in the last phase. I'm attempting to just dodge until

Just keep rolling till he gets stuck.

danthefan

Blargh, have run into a bugged Witcher contract.

The one where t
he Witcher butchers the village,
I go to fight him and he just stands there motionless. I can wear down his health but then just nothing happens. Guess I'm going to have to try l
et him away with it
just to complete the quest.

GeoGonzo

Ok this fight against
Imlerith
I found that it worked much better not to dodge or roll away from his attacks.
Just run in a wide circle around the arena, you will never get hit. As soon as he stops swinging run to him, recast your shield sign, drop a combo on him and start running again.

danthefan

I found that it worked much better not to dodge or roll away from his attacks.
Just run in a wide circle around the arena, you will never get hit. As soon as he stops swinging run to him, recast your shield sign, drop a combo on him and start running again.

Thanks, that's exactly what I did in the end. Got him on about the 6th or 7th go.

Radec

The one where t
I go to fight him and he just stands there motionless. I can wear down his health but then just nothing happens. Guess I'm going to have to try l
et him away with it

If you let him go he'll give you his stash. Pretty sweet sword.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member

The one where t
et him away with it

Verify your game files.

iz.podpolja

Neo Member
Is that an option for Steam only? I just bought it straight from GOG.

Galaxy has it under [Game] -> More -> Manage -> Verify/Repair

Most of the problems with inactive NPCs/enemies, graphical glitches encountered with 1.10 seem to be solved using games files/cache verification.

Acinixys

80 hours in and I just got to Kaer Morhen

This is easily the best game ive ever played

Cant wait to play HoS
lina-vi3.gif

Lanrutcon

That talent that makes you invincible during rolls is kind of broken. I mean, my strategy is now roll at the thing as it attacks, hit it until it looks like it wants to retaliate, roll away, repeat.

Messed up a series of level 28/29 enemies of various kinds with my level 20 dude without taking a hit or using a consumable.

Just finished the game earlier. I got the
best ending, I believe? Ciri becomes a witcher so that's pretty cool.
What did you guys get?

Also, quick question about the ending
Was the White Frost actually stopped? Did they specifically say that? I can't really recall. Maybe she just came back from that world? It would make more sense that way I guess.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
is there a full list of quests in the game?

I feel like I played them all except for maybe some of the free DLC ones but i just want to see if i missed any so i can find them in my next playthrough.

danthefan

Galaxy has it under [Game] -> More -> Manage -> Verify/Repair

Most of the problems with inactive NPCs/enemies, graphical glitches encountered with 1.10 seem to be solved using games files/cache verification.

Thanks. Still haven't gotten Galaxy but I suppose I might as well.

Hjod

Banned
So I have a wierd problem. I bought Witcher 3 from a local store here in Sweden. I finished the game then sold it to a friend. Yesterday I bought the game on PSN because I wanted to play it again with all the free dlc and the coming expansion.

The problem is that my saves from the Disc version can't be found by the digital version. I googled a bit and found out it's because the store sold me the Russian version (I've checked the CUSA code on the back of the retail copy), so my digital copy is European and my retail copy is Russian, fucking hell.

*Edit* It gets stranger, the manual and quickstart have sections written in swedish but the CUSA number belongs to the russian version.

Alpende

I just updated and all my horse gear is gone. What the heck?

Dammit, my Wolven diagrams are gone too. I wanted to use that because I couldn't in my first playtrough, now I can't in this one either. Fuck.

I just updated and all my horse gear is gone. What the heck?

Dammit, my Wolven diagrams are gone too. I wanted to use that because I couldn't in my first playtrough, now I can't in this one either. Fuck.
It's a known bug with DLC and NG+ that they're working on.

Hoodbury

Did the fencing lesson quest
did I ruin a chance to plough her? There seemed to be some sexual tension at first but then I left things with her mad at me.

Karl Hawk

Banned
In case some of you aren't aware, I'm making the OT for Hearts of Stone expansion. and I know this doesn't have to do with discussing Witcher 3, but I'd really like to see your suggestions for the OT's title.

So far, I got:
''Get your Shani on''
''Cold steel and a warm hearth''
''The better card game''
''Olly, olly, Oxenfurt''
"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest redhead of them all?"
"Greetings Geralt, do you remember me?"

And most importantly, new game plus is dramatically easier than the standard new game which is incredibly disappointing. The beginning of the game was, by far, the hardest part when I played it back at release so I fear the game is only going to get easier and easier from here on out. :(

Are you playing NG+ on Deathmarch? I need to do a Deathmarch play through at some point to get the platinum trophy, and haven't decided whether I should do it in a new game, or new game +. If NG+ is easier I'll happily do it on that, but like you say, that's not what people have been saying.

Holden

In case some of you aren't aware, I'm making the OT for Hearts of Stone expansion. and I know this doesn't have to do with discussing Witcher 3, but I'd really like to see your suggestions for the OT's title.

So far, I got:
''Get your Shani on''
''Cold steel and a warm hearth''

some hearthstone joke

"the better card game"

Coreda

It's a known bug with DLC and NG+ that they're working on.

Does this affect the newly updated DLC for 1.10? In GOG Galaxy it displays as a bundled download, not sure how it appears on other platforms. Read here somewhere it was updated for NG+ which required some compatibility fixes for 1.10.

Does this affect the newly updated DLC for 1.10? In GOG Galaxy it displays as a bundled download, not sure how it appears on other platforms. Read here somewhere it was updated for NG+ which required some compatibility fixes for 1.10.

Believe the issue on PC has already been hotfixed. It's consoles that still have the missing gear bug.

Philtastic

Seems like the 1.10 patch is pretty unstable. In 1 hour, I had 2 crashes which is as many as I had in 120 hours prior to this. I think I'm going to wait a bit before I play any more. Oh well, no shortage of quality games.

Seems like the 1.10 patch is pretty unstable. In 1 hour, I had 2 crashes which is as many as I had in 120 hours prior to this. I think I'm going to wait a bit before I play any more. Oh well, no shortage of quality games.

oh, well that sucks. I just updated to it last night. Haven't tried it yet. It's not like I don't have three other games coming out this week.

Acinixys

So i was playing Qwent at hard difficulty today and won the "killed it" trophy from HoS even though i don't have the expansion yet...

I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of the HoS content was included in this massive patch

Only bug fixes at 17GB?

Bitch please

Top Bottom