• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Damn, i really want to play this on my Ipad but i guess i'll have to wait. I'd have to wait for the episodes anyway though...

I wonder why they didn't announce it on IOS already, it's probably expected that they soon will, maybe because they didn't want to deal with IOS7 yet?

bengraven

Excited to play, but I'm mostly posting here to show off the beautiful Fables covers. Seriously my favorite comic covers.

2013-06-04-fables.jpg
fables_cv100.jpg

133370-9723-110325-1-fables_super.jpg
fables54cover.jpg

fables87.jpg

FablesPic_1228760032.jpg
MFEB100256.JPG
fables-deluxe-1323112459.jpg

2344859-faires_cv6.jpg
18-1.jpg

Zia

Those are some rather pretty covers. Fables is probably the only large-publisher comic I've enjoyed in the last decade or so, and I thought The Walking Dead was well done, but I'm waiting for one of the more, I'm, discerning Euro outlets to sell me on it. Doesn't seem as if they're in any hurry to post release day reviews of this. Come on. Do the Dew.

Does this spoil the comics? I haven't read them (I plan to) but I seem to recall there was a major mystery that spanned the first 70 or so issues. Will the game spoil that?

Fjordson

Anyone in here who has finished playing on 360? Just hoping there aren't too many technical issues. Won't be perfect I'm sure, but as long as it's somewhat close to Walking Dead then I'm good.

Lima

Played the demo for like a minute and immediately bough the first episode and season pass on 360.

Such a beautiful art style.

Double D

Pretty excited for this. I liked what Walking Dead was doing, but couldn't get through the 2nd chapter just because everything was such a downer.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
i want to WANT this game, but TWD really just didnt play that well for me. I'm all for story driven games, but i need more adventure and thinking on my own than just going along with the game prompts. i dont know why they couldnt implement more freedom.

Captain N

Just finished Episode One and its pretty great. I want to know how it ends now! Playing it on the 360 is kinda rough though. Hopefully it'll come to all the next gen systems soon enough.

Ricker

Any impressions yet....although the scores are all great,it's probably good...so the Season Pass saves you 5 bucks if I understood right,right ? ;)

Just finished Episode One and its pretty great. I want to know how it ends now! Playing it on the 360 is kinda rough though. Hopefully it'll come to all the next gen systems soon enough.

Ah thank you,might grab this soon.

jediyoshi

Any impressions yet....although the scores are all great,it's probably good...so the Season Pass saves you 5 bucks if I understood right,right ? ;)

Nope, on the 360 it's structured that the 1st episode is $5 and the season pass for the remaining episodes is $15. Still $5 cheaper than the pc version.

Azar

With you there. Reviews don't mention bugs and what-not, but I don't believe they did with TWD either. I'll wait for the general publics consensus this time around before I dive in.

I swear, TellTale are the must frustrating developer in this regard. Great concepts & execution, let down by technical implementation and customer service.
I did the PC Gamer review, and encountered two very minor framerate stutters during panning camera movements that The Walking Dead had a whole lot more of. It's the same engine, but definitely ran more smoothly for me. Other than that, it ran flawlessly at 1440p. No glitches. Can't comment on the console ports, or if there will be any issues with transferring save files like there were with season 1, but the episode's performance was great.

Quick

Banned
I saw it for $22.99 on the Steam app on iOS, but couldn't buy it earlier. Now it's back to $24.99. Oh well.

Before I pull the trigger, is there some deal I can take advantage of to get the Steam copy for slightly cheaper?

PriitV

Yeah, same problem as with TWD, game crashes when launching it on PC and xbox controller is connected. Fixed it by downloading the dinput8.dll file meant for TWD from PC gaming wiki.

Lima

Finished the first episode on 360.

It pretty much has the same technical problems TWD had minus the sound cutouts (which I guess is something).

Took me like an hour and a half to two hours, so it is pretty much exactly like an episode of TWD.

jediyoshi

It's ok, the authentication servers don't work anyway.

I got in fine.

Actually maybe scratch it on the DLL fix. It'll allow you to launch the game with a controller plugged in, but for some reason the analogue sticks don't work (at least on mine).

Does this spoil the comics? I haven't read them (I plan to) but I seem to recall there was a major mystery that spanned the first 70 or so issues. Will the game spoil that?

This is a prequel set before the comics, so from what Telltale have said, it shouldn't
Technically, it could totally spoil it but they definitely won't because I can't see Wilingham or DC letting them.

I like Fables a lot and definitely recommend reading the first big arc (up to #75 or the first 10 trades). The consensus is harsher on what follows but I'd say the series has been back to consistently good for a year now.

So, the PS3 version is in the next PSN update?

Squishy3

I got in fine.

Actually maybe scratch it on the DLL fix. It'll allow you to launch the game with a controller plugged in, but for some reason the analogue sticks don't work (at least on mine).
Did you buy directly from Telltale's website or through Steam? Steam doesn't have the authentication requirement. Also, as of this post, the Telltale website still doesn't allow you to download the game. I guess this is what I get for supporting the developers directly, huh?

Top Bottom